Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 14:30   #241
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
After the MTP disabled entering car details on their website, there is no way to check whether any fine has been levied.
I sent MTP an email 2 weeks ago but as expected haven't received any response. Looks like the only way to know if you have pending challans is to approach a traffic policeman who is stationed to catch offenders at traffic signals and ask them to check on their device.
Old 5th November 2018, 16:01   #242
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Good way to maintain privacy.

Quote:
Mumbai Police have added back the ‘Vehicle Number’ search, although with added security = last 4 digits of the chassis/engine number too.

MTP app is still unstable, at least on iOS.
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-image1.jpeg
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 16:26   #243
BHPian

Thank you Gautam and GTO.

I tried the website, but somehow I wasn't able to check the database.
It doesn't recognize the Chassis/engine no. I tried with 2 vehicles.
Maybe the database doesn't have record older than a couple of years?

Attached is a sample search for reference.
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-1541415352305.jpg

Tried with both Chassis and Engine number. Maybe they'll update it later.
GrandTourer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 11:35   #244
Senior - BHPian

Gautam Jain shares an update:

Quote:
I have tried for my cars, registered in October 2016 and May 2017, and was successful in finding any pending e-challans.
Here is a screengrab for my car:
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-screenshot-20181107-11.28.21-am.png

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-screenshot-20181107-11.29.36-am.png
blackwasp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2018, 12:31   #245
BHPian

I have a query on this e-challan. Does this website have database of only Mumbai/Maharashtra regd. vehicles or outstate as well ?? Asking this because I drive a Karnataka (KA 22 - Belgaum) regd. VW Polo in Mumbai.
Old 11th November 2018, 20:51   #246
BHPian

The website should be location specific as ideally MH traffic police would not have access to Karnataka website database to update their database. So your details should be available here. But i am not sure whether they'll have the engine and chassis details for your car. Couldn't search for my MH registered 2013 car as they kept asking me to input the correct engine / chassis number.
nick.cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 10:58   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I have a query on this e-challan. Does this website have database of only Mumbai/Maharashtra regd. vehicles or outstate as well ?? Asking this because I drive a Karnataka (KA 22 - Belgaum) regd. VW Polo in Mumbai.

It will have details of any state registration, as long as the Mumbai police cameras capture it. Now your KA cars offences, won't be updated in KA itself, but will be on the Mumbai police records.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 12:20   #248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandTourer View Post
Thank you Gautam and GTO.

I tried the website, but somehow I wasn't able to check the database.
It doesn't recognize the Chassis/engine no. I tried with 2 vehicles.
Maybe the database doesn't have record older than a couple of years?

Attached is a sample search for reference.
Attachment 1815337

Tried with both Chassis and Engine number. Maybe they'll update it later.
It works. Tried my Pajero and thankfully no fine but it did show a previous fine that I had paid.

Other cars shows no records found - so assuming that there is no fines.

Let's take an example of my wife's car. I checked and it showed - no records found. Which should mean that no fines.

But then I changed one last digit of the engine number and tried the search and got the same message that no records found. It doesn't show an error that there is a mismatch. So if you car has no previous fine record you would not know if there is no fine or that there is no record of the vehicle in their database. They need to sort this out.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2018, 10:25   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
This website has a database of all vehicles irrespective of the registered state. I have a GJ registered VW GT and the speed camera did catch me at the wrong times
GTp0wer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2018, 21:53   #250
Senior - BHPian

Had another bad experience with the Mumbai traffic cops.

Here's why I got fined twice:
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-whatsapp-image-20181203-18.27.39.jpeg
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-whatsapp-image-20181203-19.15.42.jpeg

The white car blocked by chairs is mine, parked in a perfectly fine, legal spot, where I park everyday (based on availability). In fact it was amidst other bikes and cars when I left it in the morning. However, when I return to the spot in the evening, it's blocked by some political party workers, with one traffic cop standing beside it. I politely ask him to help me get it out to which he threatens to tow my car and argues that this is not a spot to park. The political thugs too were around and getting agitated for some reason, but I remain calm.

The traffic cop shows me 2 new fines that he has levied on my car - 1. Obstruction of traffic; and 2. Parking-no (not no parking).
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-2.jpg
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-1.jpg

I didn't want to make matters worse by standing there and arguing so I paid the fines, and only then did he asked others to make way for me to leave. Now my question is that just by seeing the picture, you'd know that I wasn't at fault. So how can I get this reversed? I've already emailed them the situation but haven't got any response yet; and it's been 48 hours. It's a small amount, but it was completely unnecessary and unfair.

Last edited by S2!!! : 5th December 2018 at 21:55.
S2!!! is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 09:40   #251
BHPian

Did you note down the name of the cop?

Tweet this to the Mumbai Traffic Police Handle anyway. They will take it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Had another bad experience with the Mumbai traffic cops.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2019 at 19:54. Reason: compacted quoted post
salilpawar1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 11:12   #252
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I didn't want to make matters worse by standing there and arguing so I paid the fines, So how can I get this reversed?
Since you've already paid the fine, I wonder how you will get it reversed. Since the challan was issued by the cop present at the scene & there are no camera's around!
What you could have perhaps done was told the cop that you would like to contest the fine by raising a dispute online via email & request the cop to co-ordinate and remove the chairs.
If anything, the concerned political party should have been fined for obstructing the traffic & I do not a see a 'No Parking' board on the street so that fine is not justified either.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 11:53   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilpawar1 View Post
Tweet this to the Mumbai Traffic Police Handle anyway. They will take it up
Did that the minute I read your post. Thanks!

And no, I didn't note down the name of the traffic constable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Since you've already paid the fine, I wonder how you will get it reversed.
I know, it'll be difficult, but I'm guessing there would be some way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
What you could have perhaps done was told the cop that you would like to contest the fine by raising a dispute online via email & request the cop to co-ordinate and remove the chairs.
Well, I tried to in the politest way possible, but he was adamant that I pay the fines, else he would not let me go. In fact, I also told him that "even you know what you have done is wrong", which got him agitated, and irritated with my presence. And with the unruly party workers around, my only aim was to get out of that spot first and take it up later. Hence, I paid the fine after taunting him "here be happy".
Old 17th December 2018, 11:43   #254
BHPian

Is there any way to contest the fines ??

My daughter was caught and fined when the traffic light was green. My wife was unnecessarily fined for allegedly parking at a bus stop. The picture taken showed no bus stop anywhere near the car
Old 30th January 2019, 15:43   #255
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Gautam Jain for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Recently I contacted the Multimedia Cell for reporting lack of stability in the MTP App on iOS platform. I got an update that the App is now renamed as ‘MTPCitizenApp’.
The App Store Link to MTPCitizenApp by Mumbai Traffic Police.

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-image1.jpeg
ChiragM is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed