Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2017, 15:49   #91
mxh
BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
And now entering a Mobile number isn't required at all!

I can't seem to spot any personal information being given away*... so perhaps this is a good (and very transparent) solution?

Attachment 1637752

* = Even in the PayTM payment receipt. Maybe someone who made a credit card payment could also check...
Thanks for the information! Since it's now anonymous I checked my car number and it came out clean.
Old 11th May 2017, 16:54   #92
PPS
Senior - BHPian

re: Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide

Quote:
And now entering a Mobile number isn't required at all!
It might be because ones mobile number is now registered with your car number, earlier Mumbai Police asked for your mobile number to send OTP ! I'm still unable to see the images of the offence committed and the page takes quite a bit of time to load.
I recently received an sms for a traffic violation done by my driver. Total fine amount payable of both my cars now exceeds 3.5k !

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Anyone have an idea what the turn-around time is between the offence being committed, and the same being uploaded on the portal?
I recently received an sms on 5th May for a traffic violation of speeding committed on 27th April. Not too sure when it was uploaded on the website though.
PPS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 00:13   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone tried this for out of state cars, non MH registered cars?
Seems only MH regn cars offenses can be recorded on this portal

Last edited by Sahil : 12th May 2017 at 00:16.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 12:48   #94
BHPian

I have a story to share on this.

I put in my car number on the website and found two challans against me.

1. One challan was for no parking. The challan was paid and there was a photograph of some gentleman in evidences. I don't recognise him at all! My car is driven only by me and no one else. There was no photo evidence of my car involved in any offense.

2. Second challan was for signal breaking and not carrying driver license. Also, there were no photo evidence of me doing any traffic violation. I was supposed to pay Rs.400/-

When I checked the date, I remembered an incident that happened on that day. One of the signals were not working properly and I took a U-Turn. I was stopped by traffic cops and they told me I broke the signal. I told them that there is some problem with the signal. I waited and showed them the problem and they let me go. They never asked for my license at all.

I called up on their helpline number and was connected to some lady. I explained her about both these challans. She told me to email my problems on an email id provided by her.

I immediately sent an email explaining my side of story as explained above. Frankly, I was not expecting any response from them.

However, when I checked again after a few days, Challan No. 2 was not seen now and was dropped. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually took action on my mail. It would have been icing on the cake if they had replied to my mail as well, but I am still satisfied that they have removed that offense against my car number now.

Challan No.1 is still being shown. I don't know who the guy is whose photo is who has paid a fine for my car!

In case you have any queries regarding any of the challans, I think you should mail them. From my experience, I can say that they take action.

These are the email ids:

multimediacell.traffic@mahapolice.gov.in,
mtpcallinfo@gmail.com
fazayal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 13:41   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Anyone using the MTP iOS app? how does one register a complaint. Everytime i click the report violations and take a picture and try to submit, it keeps asking for an address which even if i fill in at the description box, doesn't work.
Old 17th May 2017, 11:04   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazayal View Post
when I checked again after a few days, Challan No. 2 was not seen now and was dropped. I was pleasantly surprised that they actually took action on my mail.
After seeing your post I remembered that I had written to them last month about the incorrect car I've been ticketed for (mentioned here).

Nothing had been done about it.

I forwarded the same mail to them once again (to both the addresses you've mentioned).

Today I checked and that fine has been removed

Also found this video that explains the inner workings and shows:
  • No Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) is currently being used
  • Not all offenses are logged (since its a manual process)
  • Why there might be errors (it's a manual process of entering numberplates)

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th May 2017 at 11:06.
Rehaan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th May 2017, 18:39   #97
Team-BHP Support

That's a nice video. I was wondering why they only seem to go after certain offenses with the CCTVs, like halting ahead of the white line (even when there is no white line) and not other things like signal jumping, etc. While these are also important, it would be great to see them give out challans for signal jumping.

In the video you can see the constables computer who hands out the offences. There are only a few offences which they can choose, which are -
1) Fancy number plate
2) Triple seat
3) Without helmet
4) No Parking
5) Talking on mobile phone
6) Without seatbelt
&) Halting ahead of white line

I wish they had added some more options like signal breaking, wrong lane at signal, etc which is very much needed here.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 01:17   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

@Akshay - Although the video shows that their internal portal only had the options of offenses you mentioned but there certainly other offenses that they have been booking people on such as speeding.

I guess there is probably one person or team dedicated to the monitor the sea link's CCTV.

However, this manual process is not that right way forward. They need to automate this process for better accuracy. My hunch is that the sea link cameras are automated as I was once in a friend's car and his driver got an SMS for over speeding while we were yet on the sea link itself. I highly doubt a manual process would work this quickly
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 13:44   #99
Team-BHP Support

Marine Drive too has got a full set of speed cams!
(Maybe since a few weeks now -- but I just saw them)

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mdspeedimg20170513wa0015.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Anyone using the MTP iOS app? how does one register a complaint.
Donno about iOS, but my friend told me he reported something a few days ago on Android and it worked.

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th May 2017 at 13:46.
Rehaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 14:15   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Same setup on Tilak Bridge Dadar ( I wonder who can go beyond 40 kmph there) and Eastern Freeway.
Whether they are functional or not, I am unsure, as I see a LED board, which should be illuminated (?). But yes, earlier I had seen wires dangling out and now they are in place.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2017, 14:53   #101
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Never noticed the camera's put up there but i kept wondering what the weird looking setup was! I do not know if these are speed sensing camera's as i do not recollect seeing speed limit signboard put up on Marine Drive.

Last edited by PPS : 18th May 2017 at 14:54.
Old 18th May 2017, 14:55   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Attachment 1639838

Donno about iOS, but my friend told me he reported something a few days ago on Android and it worked.
These cameras have been put up in a lot of places. In fact in some places the retards have put them up barely a 100 metres before a toll plaza. Who could possibly be speeding there? As usual not much sense shown.
Old 18th May 2017, 18:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1639838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
These cameras have been put up in a lot of places. In fact in some places the retards have put them up barely a 100 metres before a toll plaza. Who could possibly be speeding there? As usual not much sense shown.
What a waste, in the daytime marine drive is always jammed and these things don't work in the night.
Old 18th May 2017, 19:23   #104
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
these things don't work in the night.
I do not know about the cams on Marine Drive but the ones on the Sealink do work in the night. Someone i know got a challan for speeding in the night!
Old 18th May 2017, 19:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
I do not know about the cams on Marine Drive but the ones on the Sealink do work in the night. Someone i know got a challan for speeding in the night!
Those must be installed at the toll booth where vehicles are almost stationary. And must be the average speed camera so the exit cam will likely be on worli sea face somewhere.

Does a flash go off when you pass the camera? Do they look like normal CCTV's? I haven't been to Bombay in a while. We have the same average speed cameras on Greater Noida expressway, but they don't work in the night. Can confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks