Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2017, 23:35   #76
BHPian

Re: R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
So if I do end up buying a <2 year old Jetta, I will also look to buy the two years of extended warranty. This should still be available at VW, right?
Yes, an extended warranty, at least for VW, is available till the original warranty hasn't run out.
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 10:50   #77
BHPian

Quote:
I've seen a couple of good deals on 2014 TDI ATs, but I don't have the guts to buy a DSG without a warranty!
So if I do end up buying a <2 year old Jetta, I will also look to buy the two years of extended warranty. This should still be available at VW, right?
http://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/value...-warranty.html

This should be helpful.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 15:42   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the quick response!

I was speaking to a dealer that I know and he says the thumb rule is 20% depreciation per year and another 10% for owner change. So that brings it to around 14. Even if I were to pay a lakh for the good condition and peace of mind, would still be around 15. There is an immediate ~50k expense - that of buying extended warranty for two years. So I'm hesitant to pay anything over 15-15.5 because I know this car will depreciate like crazy since it's a discontinued model. Any inputs?
Even if you consider 30% depreciation, the owner must have paid something around 23-24L for his Jetta, not 20L.
(0.7) * 23L = 16.1L

In the end, it all comes down to how badly and quickly you want it.
If you're willing to take the risk, you can stick to your figure 15-15.5L. If you're lucky, you might get the deal you want in the future or ever better however there is a possibility that you might never get the deal you want. In that case, there shouldn't be any regret. If you want to play safe (and save some time), shell out 1-2L extra and secure the car.

I had the very same criteria when I was looking for pre-owned Jetta and trust me, there were not many pre-owned highline DSGs which are still under warranty in the market, at least here in Ahmedabad. I was able to find out only 2 (including the one I purchased) during my search of 4 months.

Happy shopping!

Edit:
Request to mods : I was not aware about the quoted post at the time of writing my previous post. Also, the edit time has passed for the previous post, please merge the posts if deemed necessary.

Last edited by bhavik.1991 : 16th March 2017 at 15:45.
bhavik.1991 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2017, 16:00   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
Even if you consider 30% depreciation, the owner must have paid something around 23-24L for his Jetta, not 20L.
(0.7) * 23L = 16.1L
Questions:
- Is depreciation calculated on the on-road price or ex-showroom price?
- Is there any implication of the TCS (tax collected at source) @1% in these calculations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavik.1991 View Post
In the end, it all comes down to how badly and quickly you want it.
If you're willing to take the risk, you can stick to your figure 15-15.5L. If you're lucky, you might get the deal you want in the future or ever better however there is a possibility that you might never get the deal you want. In that case, there shouldn't be any regret. If you want to play safe (and save some time), shell out 1-2L extra and secure the car.

I had the very same criteria when I was looking for pre-owned Jetta and trust me, there were not many pre-owned highline DSGs which are still under warranty in the market, at least here in Ahmedabad. I was able to find out only 2 (including the one I purchased) during my search of 4 months.

Happy shopping!
The eternal head vs heart challenge. Let's see how it works out!
Old 7th April 2017, 15:34   #80

Finally got the Jetta HL DSG, in Silk blue,
23.75 on road,
extended warranty yet to be purchased
NCB of 50% yet to be received(after sale of Vento)
Old 7th April 2017, 16:32   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prash26 View Post
Finally got the Jetta HL DSG, in Silk blue,
23.75 on road,
extended warranty yet to be purchased
NCB of 50% yet to be received(after sale of Vento)
I was wondering why the March 2017 sales figure show the sale of a single Jetta. Your post explains it

R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped-capture.jpg
Immix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 21:49   #82

R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491581871.465329.jpg
I had been following the Jetta and have been a fan of the beauty for a very long time, more than anything else didn't want to let go of my dream to own, so took the plunge, she is a real beauty.
prash26 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 22:35   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1627457
I had been following the Jetta and have been a fan of the beauty for a very long time, more than anything else didn't want to let go of my dream to own, so took the plunge, she is a real beauty.
Perfect timing on that one. We were able to get 1.7 Lakhs off in November 2014 when a facelift was due, so I can only imagine what kind of discounts are going on now. Congrats on the new ride. You will grow up to love the old school charm of the Jetta eventually.

Would you mind sharing the price or PM me once you have the PM feature available?
Old 7th April 2017, 23:07   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Perfect timing on that one. We were able to get 1.7 Lakhs off in November 2014 when a facelift was due, so I can only imagine what kind of discounts are going on now. Congrats on the new ride. You will grow up to love the old school charm of the Jetta eventually.

Would you mind sharing the price or PM me once you have the PM feature available?

Thanks Vishy
I have been in love with the Jetta since 2014
Things just didn't fall in place and I had purchased the VW Vento in September 2013, it didn't make sense to change so soon too.
But this time around couldn't resist the charm of the Jetta
The vento is a great car,
But the Jetta is too good

R.I.P. Volkswagen Jetta : Production Stopped-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491586576.008092.jpg
prash26 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 01:07   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats! She looks brilliant in this blue shade. There was a blue TDI DSG available in one of the Mumbai dealerships but they weren't giving a decent discount, so I had to let that go. Was the last Jetta AT in Mumbai.

I also came very close to picking up a pristine white Jetta TDI DSG, done only 13k kms. Car was less than a year old on road, but was a 2015 model by manufacturing date. With the depreciation factor, the car was valued around 15L in Mumbai. I had offered a lac more as premium for a car in great shape + under warranty. But alas, someone gave that lucky bugger 18L for his car. Was seriously depressed. Haven't seen anything worth it since.
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:41   #86
BHPian

A dealer in Hyderabad has two new Jetta Comfortlines manufactured January and February 2016.

Would it be a wise idea to buy one?

How much should the discount be for one?
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:47   #87
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
A dealer in Hyderabad has two new Jetta Comfortlines manufactured January and February 2016.

Would it be a wise idea to buy one?

How much should the discount be for one?
Check the odo reading and do a PDI to make sure they are not test drive cars. Apart from this there should be no concerns at all.

We were able to get 1.7 Lakhs off when the 2015 facelift was due in January. Our car was bought in December. You can definitely expect higher discounts if you bargain harder.

Regards,
vishy

Last edited by vishy76 : 22nd April 2017 at 15:49.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:52   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Check the odo reading and do a PDI to make sure they are not test drive cars. Apart from this there should be no concerns at all.

We were able to get 1.7 Lakhs off when the 2015 facelift was due in January. Our car was bought in December. You can definitely expect higher discounts if you bargain harder.

Regards,
vishy
They have another test drive car run 11k that is also on sale.

These two cars are at the stockyard still in protective covers.

I was hoping for 4-5L discount The cars were manufactured nearly 1.5 years ago and the model is discontinued....

Last edited by Foxbat : 22nd April 2017 at 15:53.
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 15:55   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxbat View Post
They have another test drive car run 11k that is also on sale.

These two cars are at the stockyard still in protective covers.

I was hoping for 4-5L discount The cars were manufactured nearly 1.5 years ago...
If it's a test drive car, you can definitely expect higher discounts. Just gave you my example here. . Just that TD cars are a risky proposition and how they have been treated is unknown.

My jetta was 9 months old when we picked it up.

Yes, you can knock off 3.5-5 Lakhs depending on the age and mileage of the car. I would advise you go for the 1.5 year old stock rather than the TD car.

Last edited by vishy76 : 22nd April 2017 at 15:58.
vishy76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2017, 20:26   #90
BHPian

Hyderabad VW dealer is offering a January or February 2016 manufactured Jetta Comfortline Diesel Manual for 19.5L on road.

Original price was 21.7L.

2.2L discount seems to low for a discontinued more than year old car. Any ideas what a reasonable price should be?
Foxbat is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks