Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 22:27   #16
BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakh

I opened this link hoping that we'd be getting a Figo with sportier suspension, steering etc. like Fiesta 1.6S.

I had recently hired a Swift after a long time and drove it hard around the Western Ghats for 3 days. It brought back some older memories of driving the old Figo hard.

The Swift had very poor brakes, but the steering weight was uniform and acceptable and feedback was decent, the suspension was quite stiff and body roll was quite well controlled. One area where the Swift was disappointing was the very famous DDiS. The DDiS has a very narrow powerband. Even though the turbolag is minimized, serious power comes in only after 2K RPM. By 3K RPM, the power starts flattening out due to steeply falling torque curve and the urge to upshift kicks in.

In contrast, the SOHC 8V 1.5 TDCI in the Figo feels much more satisfying when revved. The usable band is a nice, wide one from 1.5K all the way to its peak at 3.75K RPM. If the same motor is plonked in old Figo or Swift, it'd be more awesome to drive hard.

All through the trip, I kept hoping for a sport version of the new Figo and I thought my dream had come true, but, alas!

Last edited by theredliner : 15th February 2017 at 22:47.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 12:57   #17
BHPian

Ha, i wish they had launched this earlier. :(
I had bought the new Figo in Nov 16 and had been eyeing the same honeycomb grill for a while now. But overall, i think it would look great.
The Brazilian version also has the headlight bit blacked out in certain portions, which would help complete the sport look.
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

On reading the Thread-Name my eyes lit up hoping for the obvious(Ecoboost Figo), but after reading about the changes had to check the title again to check if it was Maruti

Ford is trying a Maruti or what? Fine, call it special edition but please don't do a copy-paste of what they did with Swift RS, where the changes are anything but remotely related to mechanicals of the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
I thought there was also the addition of 4 more airbags like the Titanium (o) version. Any confirmation on this? However, the addition of 15 inch alloys is really a great news.
Guess they already provide it as a safety-pack option on Titanium?

Source

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th February 2017 at 18:08.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 20:02   #19
BHPian

A little Off-topic!!
If Ford is going to offer 15''alloys in this forthcoming Figo Sports variant without tweaking the existing suspension set-up, I guess they(especially the dealers who freak out if any upgrade is mentioned) should also be considering it positively(read warranty issues) when someone upgrades the current 14'' wheels to 15'' wheels in the after-market
espraveen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 23:46   #20
BHPian

Have any dealers in other cities or Ford confirmed this? I'd really like to see the 15" alloys and the look of the dual tones offered. Is there any news on the dates?
Old 10th April 2017, 13:30   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo sports now spied in India.

Quote:
Interiors haven’t been revealed, but we can see a black interior with this car, it would look rather exotic and much more appealing in the future. It will continue to get all the goodies that the normal car has. So expect fully electric ORVM’s, climate control, a touch screen interface could be installed and will have all the connectivity options. There could navigation system as well. Steering mounted controls and much more will be a part of this list depending on the variants
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-fordfigosportsspiedindia21024x517.jpg
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-fordfigosportsspiedindia1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th April 2017 at 13:31.
volkman10 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:36   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Figo sports now spied in India.

Link
Those photos were shamelessly plagiarized from Team-bhp by Thrust Zone!!!

Just compare those photos with the ones I posted in the link below (team-bhp watermark has been carefully cropped out and the author tried to increase the resolution of the image which led to loss of clarity):
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4178920

Quote:
So expect fully electric ORVM’s, climate control, a touch screen interface could be installed and will have all the connectivity options. There could navigation system as well. Steering mounted controls and much more will be a part of this list depending on the variants
Neither Navigation nor Touch screen is available in the model. It is available in the Titanium trim only with a few minor additions to the interior. Pictures of the interior and details have been posted in the Team-bhp Official review thread.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 10th April 2017 at 14:54.
skanchan95 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:59   #23
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The only thing missing from the Figo Sports variant is the 1.0 EcoBoost petrol, even in its 100 PS state of tune. I don't know when the clueless folks at Ford will equip the Figo twins with the EcoBoost.

Anyway, I hope this variant has all the features of the top variant, especially the side & curtain airbags. They should add a couple of missing features - rear parking sensors and camera.

This variant surprisingly resembles the Brazilian Ka Trail (i.e. "Cross" or "Active") variant:

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-images-5.jpg

I hope they introduce the Figo Trail in India as well, with a raised suspension for higher GC, functional roof rails, faux claddings etc.
RSR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:44   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

2017 Ford Figo S to launch in a couple of weeks.

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_20170410024800_xfigoz.jpg

Quote:
The big news is that like the Ford Fiesta S – a car that built it a reputation for superb driving manners back in 2008 – the Figo S will come with a sportier suspension setup. While it will be stiffer than the suspension on its regular counterpart, what is not clear is whether Ford has tinkered with the car’s ride height for a more dynamic drive.
Quote:
This range-topping variant will be distinguished by its brand new 15-inch alloy wheels, smoked-out headlamps, honeycomb grille, two-tone paint-scheme, ‘S’ decals along the side, rear spoiler and an all-black interior.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 10th April 2017 at 15:45.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 16:55   #25
BHPian

Quote:
2017 Ford Figo S to launch in a couple of weeks.
Wow. Bring it on Ford

Do we have any news if the ECU is going to be tweaked in the 'S' variant?

I remember the ECU was different in the Fiesta 1.6S when compared against other 1.6 varinats.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:10   #26
BHPian

Please wait for the complete picture. Team-BHP has been invited to the drive of this Sports version. I'd wait for their verdict before making conclusions.

Team-BHP has been invited to the drive of this Sports version

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
All through the trip, I kept hoping for a sport version of the new Figo and I thought my dream had come true, but, alas!
Hold on to the alas! Wait till the official verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
On reading the Thread-Name my eyes lit up hoping for the obvious(Ecoboost Figo), but after reading about the changes had to check the title again to check if it was Maruti
The updates in the initial post were the info provided by the dealer. I'd wait for the complete Team-BHP report on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
A little Off-topic!!
If Ford is going to offer 15''alloys in this forthcoming Figo Sports variant without tweaking the existing suspension set-up...
Oh, I do wish they have tuned the suspension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Wow. Bring it on Ford
I remember the ECU was different in the Fiesta 1.6S when compared against other 1.6 varinats.
ECU too! Bring on 100+ BHP!!! Make this the spiritual successor of the Fiesta!

Last edited by jetti : 10th April 2017 at 17:11.
jetti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 17:59   #27
BHPian

The news of the Ford sports variant was also (probably) broken for the first time at Team BHP in this very thread.
raichoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 20:50   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Wish Ford India can bring those changes under the skin on this Sports variant. Will be spectacular and a true successor to the Fiesta S!
I so wish it could come true with Figo S! Stock UK Figo could surely be termed as Sports variant in Indian context.

But the ultimate dream for us would be launch of Fiesta RS/ST.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 13:41   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Gearing up for the launch - Figo S reach dealerships!

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-0_468_700_http___cdni_autocarindia_com_extraimages_2017041_700_httpcdni.jpg
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-2.jpg
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-3.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

Is there a Aspire Sports as well along with the Figo?

There is a picture in the Figo thread which shows the Aspire with same the 'S' decal in the showroom.

The Aspire with a stiffer suspension will be a worth successor to the original 'S'.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks