Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2017, 20:34   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The only disappointment is that it is a diesel and I guess I have to convert if I go down this road.
All your disappointment will vanish once you are behind the wheel & cruising on the highway. The diesel engine actually is pretty linear and feels very close to a petrol motor. Proper gear shifts should see you attain good speeds in very less time. Added to this is the benefit of better FE (if it matters that is) & almost zero impact to the engine with the ACC running.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 20:47   #62
Senior - BHPian

The Aspire-S.

Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-ebcdf45954a64f82a1c62ef2333bcd3f.jpg

Now the wheel well looks properly filled.
samaspire is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 21:03   #63
e46
BHPian

Team,

any info, if Team-Bhp also participated in the media drive? A first hand info would be very much welcome.

Abhishek
Old 17th April 2017, 21:38   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Team,
any info, if Team-Bhp also participated in the media drive? A first hand info would be very much welcome.
GTO had posted that Team BHP was invited for the media drive. I hope the detailed review would be out soon

Quoting his post from another thread..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If any enthusiast is going to book a Figo / Aspire, please wait for a couple of days. Ford is bringing out updates or possibly, a sportier variant. Received an invite for a drive that mentions "a sportier stance" and "an array of new features" for the Ford Aspire Sports & Figo Sports. Ford says it will step up the "Fun of Driving".

Don't know if there are mechanical changes, but it might be worth the wait if you've zero'ed in on these Fords.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th April 2017 at 21:41.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 21:44   #65
Team-BHP Support

The website says 'Sporty Black Interiors' and 'Two Tone (Charcoal Black + Light Oak) Environment' in the same column. What exactly does that mean?

Black seats with a two-tone dash and beige plastics? All black interiors except beige bits on the dash/panels? Anyone got a pic of the Aspire S interior?
Old 18th April 2017, 04:53   #66
BHPian

Ford Figo S - suspension tweaks

From the various reviews and first drive impressions, could summarize the following regarding the 'tweaked' suspension setup of the Figo S.
  • Tyre size went from 175/65 R14 to 195/55 R15. Net effect is a tyre dia increase of approx 16mm.
  • GC would have then increased by approx 8mm, however the Figo S supposedly has 10mm shorter springs, bringing GC back to approximately the same figure as regular models (174mm?).
  • Likely the springs would be stiffer too. Shorter springs, taller and wider tyres - a much improved stance nevertheless.
  • Anti-rollbar at the front has been beefed up.
  • 20 kg has been added compared to regular model, significant part of it would be the increase in unsprung mass (larger wheels and tyres). Minor contribution from cosmetic add-ons like spoiler.

Some questions which I hope the tbhp review of the car would shed light on:
  • Are the struts also same or changed for Figo S?
  • How about the various suspension bushings? At least the anti-roll bar bushes would have been uprated.
  • Going by how ford's spare part pricing have been recently, existing customers could upgrade their regular cars to have the same dynamics as Figo S for a minor cost.

VW, are you listening? Better brakes / suspension on your GT twins would be more welcome than the cosmetic additions every 6 months. It is appaling that brakes and suspension setup are identical between 75PS/110Nm and 110PS/250Nm variants of the same car
avinash_clt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 07:38   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Figo and Aspire both need a substantial firming up of steering feel and suspension set up.
If they've upsized the tyres, and I guess they have, then the steering firmness would've gone up.. good because I found the steering awfully light and super-numb when I drove it, the feedback will improve in the sense that since the tyres have a wider contact patch, more of the road will filter through the rack. It is however an electric assist steering and hence can never, NEVER match the feel of say the old Figo or Fiesta, or the Fiats.

If they've played around with the bushing and springs then there is a chance that it'll be more cohesive in motion and responsive to drive. I wouldn't hold my breath if the question is about waiting for a car as fun as those in the glorious days of the past, the engine is only 25% of the story.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 09:55   #68
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The only disappointment is that it is a diesel and I guess I have to convert if I go down this road.
There is the 1.2 Petrol if you need it and it's almost as fun, if not for the poor low end torque.

BTW just noticed that the rear seat armrest is missing from the Aspire-S. So all that Ford have done is, installed the Figo's seats in the Sports variant.
Which if true, should mean that it's technically possible to fold down the rear seat.

Or it could be the Aspire Ambiente seats because I can't make out if the Headrests are adjustable or not.

Last edited by samaspire : 18th April 2017 at 10:09.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 10:39   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
There is the 1.2 Petrol if you need it and it's almost as fun, if not for the poor low end torque.
I did think about it , but I have the old Figo petrol already and although the power on paper is around 87bhp which is big jump from the 71bhp of the same block of the old Figo, .it is marginally better than the old 1.2 petrol and the main reason is I don't want to feel like upgrading soon because i feel the power is low.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 11:02   #70
BHPian

The Petrol sport version should have been on the 1.5l engine. They could have offered it with an MT.

Calling the 1.2l petrol as a sports hatch is equivalent to taking a dual-colored buffalo to a horse race .

The 1.5l Diesel should be the obvious pick.
Old 18th April 2017, 11:35   #71
BHPian

Happy to see that Ford Didn't go the "Maruti" way with the Figo S. They didn't just slap on tasteless stickers and slap on the sports name like Maruti did with the Swift "RS".

Instead they made some good cosmetic changes which I personally like and changed the suspension setup. Of course they could have added a little more power but it's still better than no mechanical changes at all.

Thumbs Up Ford!!!!!
thatfastdude19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 11:40   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I can't make out if the Headrests are adjustable or not.
If headrests are adjustable then is it possible to fit the seat-back as it is to Figo S? The only thing I miss in Figo is rear adjustable headrests. Why Ford excluded it is

Cheers!
Old 18th April 2017, 13:39   #73
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Some pictures off Ford India's Instagram page;
Attached Images

tharian is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th April 2017, 14:10   #74
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs

Has any member approached their dealers if their Models can be upgraded to the Sports version? I am really keen on upgrading the 14 inchers on my Figo to the ones on the Figo S without voiding the warranty.
Old 18th April 2017, 15:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

Anyone aware of what rubber is being provided by Ford on the 15 inch alloys? If the rubber is not of good quality then it may mean the enthusiast having to switch to a better brand post purchase.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed