Team-BHP - Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/184329-scoop-ford-figo-sports-variant-coming-up-edit-launched-rs-6-32-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our Ford Figo Sports Edition Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

With the backdrop of dwindling numbers and in the face of fierce competition Ford India has plans of launching a "sports" variant to the existing line up of the All new Ford Figo. The same would be announced in the next few weeks.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES OF THE VARIANT
The "sports" variant would come up with the following additions to the Titanium variant:

1. 15" Black Alloy Wheels
2. Two tone roof paint.(White in case of dark colous, black in case light colours)
3. Rear spoiler
4. Two tone ORVM
5. Honey comb front grill
6. Leather wrapped steering wheel with colour stitching.
7. Side & Rear decal graphics.

PRICES
It is learnt that the prices of the "sports" variant or rather the Titanium variant with a "sports pack" would be around 30k to 40k higher than the Titanium variant. Thus it is expected to sit between the Titanium and the Titanium plus variants.

EXISTING VARIANTS
All the existing variants would continue including the Titanium and Titanium plus variants. However the waiting period of the Titanium plus variant may be slightly higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raichoudhury (Post 4146462)
5. Honey comb front grill

The Brazilian Figo (known as Ka there) comes with a honey-comb front grill that looks like the following:
Scoop! Ford Figo "Sports" variant coming up. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 6.32 lakhs-1466671583589.jpg

Just to give an indication of how the dual-tone options might appear: in the UK, the Figo (known as the Ka+ there) comes in a Black edition (black car with white roof) and White edition (white car with black roof). All the other colours are single-tone in the UK.
Name:  resize618xgbr001yyeelvf14aah85_1_0.png
Views: 14669
Size:  70.4 KB Name:  resize618xgbr001yyeelvf1laah8p_1_0.png
Views: 17039
Size:  68.5 KB

Hope it is more than a sticker and paint job.

Ford has a good track record when it comes to launching "specials" - the last being the old Fiesta 1.6 S which apart from the makeup kit had genuine improvements to its suspension components - the reason why present owners simply loathe to sell their examples! :)

Hope Ford sticks to it "special" DNA and rolls out an "entertaining" Figo and not follow the Maruti "special" :Frustrati trail !

This is how the side profile looks.

I thought there was also the addition of 4 more airbags like the Titanium (o) version. Any confirmation on this? However, the addition of 15 inch alloys is really a great news.

The 15 inch wheels are a good addition although it is a limited edition.
The honeycomb front grille makes the car look sporty as well.

Overall it is worth being called a 'sports' edition and with that 100 bhp diesel , it will be one.

If this is true then soon my Figo's current front grille will be on SALE :)

So the 'Sports' variant is merely cosmetic? This sounds like Maruti's Sports edition :eek:

This new "sports" edition is quite like the Maruti special editions - all show and no go. BUT, there is a small difference.
The 15" alloys will make it slightly more genuinely sporty. Add to that the stonking diesel engine, which gives it good power.

I only wish Ford had fettled the suspension a bit, like they did with the Fiesta S. That would indeed make it a true sports edition!

Ford hasn't got the volumes it had expected from this car. They should have done something dramatic like mating the 1.0 EcoBoost to this car and then named it Sports version.

Mere Cosmetic upgrades and the addition of tags like Sports or RS doesn't really work. I have rarely seen a Swift Sport, Mobilio RS or Ciaz RS in Bangalore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiloAlpha (Post 4146622)
all show and no go. BUT, there is a small difference.

Would like to disagree here, since the Figo diesel (not petrol) always had the show to match.

I would like to see more show to match the go! Better colours as well! :thumbs up

The grille looks lovely by the way, I so want one for the Fiesta. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjab (Post 4146471)
Hope Ford sticks to it "special" DNA and rolls out an "entertaining" Figo and not follow the Maruti "special" :Frustrati trail !

That Ford DNA is missing many strands on the new Figo we get here. :(

But, there were a lot of revisions done to the Ka+ under the skin over in the UK. Ka+ is basically the rebadged Figo which is exported from India.

Quoting from my post on the 'Ka+ launch in UK' thread.

Quote:

Darren Palmer, Ford’s boss of B-car projects, is at pains to point out that the Ka+ suspension has been fine-tuned by Ford of Europe’s experts at the Lommel proving ground in Belgium.

The result is a unique-to-Europe chassis spec with special specifications for the steering, springs and dampers, front anti-roll bar, rear torsion beam and tyres, plus a re-engineered front sub-frame and engine mounts.

The European Ka+ rides a little lower than the Indian and South American versions, and its ride and handling are much more in keeping with European tastes.

“I kept telling them to make it as good as the Fiesta,” said Palmer. “I reckon they’ve succeeded.”
Wish Ford India can bring those changes under the skin on this Sports variant. Will be spectacular and a true successor to the Fiesta S!

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4146573)
If this is true then soon my Figo's current front grille will be on SALE :)

Guess that would make two front grills of the trend for sale on TeamBhp lol: I have mine too.

Always felt that it is an unfinished project. I for one dropped it from consideration after thrashing it multiple times because of the gearbox. Even a 75k price increase with it being named figo (s) just for a good gearbox would have changed my mind completely. That, lowered suspension and an overall stiffer setup is what I wished for when I clicked on the thread. 15inch wheels (much needed) are definitely far better however than what many offer when they launch sport variants (ghastly decals with no actual thought put into them for eg.). All it currently has tho is in gear acceleration.

Still I suppose I will always wish they work on the it even if it is for a future facelift.

Call me unrealistic, but I'm hoping for an EcoBoost Figo!!. It would be nice competition for the upcoming Baleno 1.0.
The other comparable hatches(in terms of power) like the GT Tsi and the figo DCT are much more expensive if you're just looking for a fun to drive hatch ,and not necessarily an AT.

P.S. I know the Figo Diesel is pretty F.T.D but that's a diesel and some people don't require one.