Team-BHP - TATA 1 Lakh Car....Leaked!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   TATA 1 Lakh Car....Leaked! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/18444-tata-1-lakh-car-leaked.html)

Hey Guys,

This is the first image of the the TATA's famous 1 Lakh car...which has been printed by the famous German Car Magazine, Auto Bild.

Source

Although it looks far from showrooms but the idea seems quite good.

Thanks
redcandle

Hey that looks really nice....doesn't at all look like a 1 lakh car....looks as if its worth a lot more....

If thats the design they are coming with....i like it.

Drifter

Looks cute. Lets hope they get it as a 2 seater instead of making it a crampy 4 seater.

The image looks morphed to me. The headlights and Tata logo look a bit odd and out of shape. The wheel covers look very similiar to the Indica Turbo diesel's. Also, why would a car under development by Tata have a EU no plate??

Y is it registered already in europe??
Looks fantastic and will give the Smart some competition.

It certainly looks cute. Reminds me of the 'laughing buddha' statues found in many folks' homes.

But will it seat 4? Anyone in germany has had their hands on this issue of AutoBild? Any more specs?

Superavi

Look at the 14" wheels and hubcaps lifted from the Indica Turbo diesel. It looks like photoshop job to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanakbar
The image looks clearly morphed. Just look at the headlights and the tata log. Also, why would Tata's car have a EU no plate??

I believe Red Candle photoshopped the image from the AutoBild PDF. (The link is provided in Red's post.) No idea about the EU. That certainly raises suspicion.

Superavi

The link gives a clear view. The looks are really promising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superavi
I believe Red Candle photoshopped the image from the AutoBild PDF. (The link is provided in Red's post.) No idea about the EU. That certainly raises suspicion.

Superavi

No Red Candle has not photoshopped the image. The link is from an actual website. But it definitely has been morphed by someone from autobild magazine. But I wonder why the Germans would take such pains to leak on a story on an Indian car they would be least interested in.

I cant say more but this is certainly not the 1 lakh car.

looks like the smart car!

No way it is the Tata 1 lakh car... Photoshop at it again here.... Plus it CANT be a 4 seater simply by looking at its size... Even the pic shows only 2 seats....

If Tata can sell this car for one lakh, then many other manufacturers should shut shop and go make chocolates.

There's a certain doubt for this to be the 1lakh car.

It maybe well a concept car from which TATA can get some media attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superavi
I believe Red Candle photoshopped the image from the AutoBild PDF. (The link is provided in Red's post.) No idea about the EU. That certainly raises suspicion.Superavi

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanakbar
The image looks morphed to me. The headlights and Tata logo look a bit odd and out of shape. The wheel covers look very similiar to the Indica Turbo diesel's. Also, why would a car under development by Tata have a EU no plate??

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitrous
Y is it registered already in europe??
Looks fantastic and will give the Smart some competition.

Hey Guys,

I have NOT morphed/photoshoped the image. The image was simply lifted of the front cover (online copy) of the magazine. AutoBild.de provides a link on there wesite to the magazine so that the potential buyers can look at the contents.

The image is not a photo of a car being tested or the actual car. It is simply a CGI (Computer Generated Image) which either is made by Tata (and AutoBild has got hold of the image) or it is made by AutoBild,after getting design details from Tata.

The image is much clearer on the actual magazine cover.

The reason that the car sports a German registration is because the car is being reported to German people, that it will come to Europe for Euro 2000. It is a normal practice for magazines to change a car's image's registration plate to their country's registration, in UK and Europe.

The appearance of the picture/information on the AutoBild, which is one of the premier source of automobile news in Europe, is enough for me to believe that there is some truth in the information; as this reputable magazine would NOT print something on its covers if the news has no foundations.

I hope this has cleared confusion that the picture is not chopped by me. If anyone still believes that it is a work of a time waster then you have got two options - 1. either source a 27/10/2006 edition of AutoBild to believe yourself, or 2. dont read this thread.

Thanks
Redcandle