Team-BHP - 50 Great New Cars for 2007
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   50 Great New Cars for 2007 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/18459-50-great-new-cars-2007-a.html)

Source - http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1522

More than a million cars, consistent growth and a rapidly expanding base. Is it any wonder that competition is stiff in the Indian market and everybody wants in? But to stand any chance in this cut-throat industry, every new car launched has to be better than the competition. This, of course, is fantastic for car buyers. Better quality, better features, greater appeal, here’s looking forward to better cars. Car manufacturers aren’t saying, but collectively they are planning an entire wave of new cars. Some of the new models you can look forward to in the coming months include-

New Honda CR-V (pic)
New Audi TT
Chevrolet Aveo Diesel/ Aveo UV-A
Bentley Convertible GT
BMW 3-Series/ 5-series/ New X-5
Chevrolet Captiva
Chevrolet Spark
Fiat Grande Punto hatch/ saloon
New Fiat Palio
Ford Fiesta Diesel 1.6
Ford Focus
New Honda Accord
New Hyundai Elantra
Hyundai Getz Diesel
Hyundai Santro Diesel
Hyundai Sonata Embera Diesel
Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 CRDE (Eagle)
Maruti Swift Sedan
New Maruti Baleno
New Maruti Zen
Maruti Swift Diesel
New Mercedes-Benz C-Class
New Mercedes-Benz M-Class
New Mini
Renault Logan
Skoda Fabia

Did you notice that they are so many Diesel cars in the list. Lot of choices next year, i guess.

hey Windsurfer,
nice of u to write up the list.

Yes, many a diesel cars coming in, in the following year. Nowadays Diesel cars are coming out to be more powerful than their petrol counterparts.
If noticed, most of the cars here are either under 13 lk range, or above the 40 lk range! very very few cars between this range which actually is the most sought after!

In the growing markets, there are more ppl upgrading from the populated segment of the Octavia/Corolla/Elantra/Civic, to the upper crust. which are having only the Accord/Laura/Sonata. The camry being 27lk onroad jus cant be justified here.

More cars and Suvs in the segment of 15lk to 30lk is needed, in my opinion. Now the New CRV is also slated to cost between 20-22lk. so the Tucson gets a nice pasture to conquer. But ppl will not have any other choice like they have the CRV now in the 17lk range.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
More cars and Suvs in the segment of 15lk to 30lk is needed, in my opinion. Now the New CRV is also slated to cost between 20-22lk. so the Tucson gets a nice pasture to conquer. But ppl will not have any other choice like they have the CRV now in the 17lk range.

I guess some of the VW models would occupy that range too right?

I am looking forward to Swift and Getz's diesel version...should be rocking

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insane Devil
hey Windsurfer,
nice of u to write up the list.

Yes, many a diesel cars coming in, in the following year. Nowadays Diesel cars are coming out to be more powerful than their petrol counterparts.
If noticed, most of the cars here are either under 13 lk range, or above the 40 lk range! very very few cars between this range which actually is the most sought after!

In the growing markets, there are more ppl upgrading from the populated segment of the Octavia/Corolla/Elantra/Civic, to the upper crust. which are having only the Accord/Laura/Sonata. The camry being 27lk onroad jus cant be justified here.

Actually its been reproduced from http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=1522, but a good topic nevertheless

Of the list that is provided by AutoCar, I think only the following will realistically make it in 2007.

New Honda CR-V (pic)
New Audi TT
Bentley Convertible GT
BMW 3-Series/ 5-series
Chevrolet Captiva
Chevrolet Spark
New Fiat Palio
Hyundai Getz Diesel
Hyundai Sonata Embera Diesel
Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 CRDE (Eagle)
New Maruti Zen
Maruti Swift Diesel
New Mercedes-Benz C-Class

Car magazines have been harping on new launches in the final quarter of every year. Of the list, about 20 - 30% actually make it.

There was also a mention of the optra diesel with the captiva's 2L engine.
Any news on that. Is that a probability?

Also the fiesta 1.6TDCi. Will ford come out with the 1.6 to counter the verna.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajitkommini
I guess some of the VW models would occupy that range too right?

Nah mate, they are all too costly, currently the VW toureg starts off at around 45lk and goes upto 70lk and the Passat also is above the 30lk range i believe.(correct me if i m wrong.)

Another Car that could make it to the roads in 2007, but has been omited in the list is the FORD ENDEAVOUR/RANGER with the 140bhp Crdi engine and new shape.

Then its the Skoda Laura Classic ,Ambient and VRs Models , FSI petrol engine & 140/170bhp Diesel engines.

Also is the facelifted Octavia (slight facelifting for the existing version.)

Missed out the only Indian company that makes cars, UV's and a SUV - Tata Motors (not including buses and truck here). They'll plonk the new range of CRDI engines in their vehicles (and possibly Fiat Multijet also). Safari, Indica, Indigo and any other vehicle they might feel like, might get a CRDI engine.

Remember only Tata Motors makes diesel vehicles (cars and UVs) that are economical to buy, run and maitain. Most of the other diesel cars from the current crop, start at 6-odd lakhs and the cost of maintenence, regular servicing and spare parts is relatively quite high.

:OT

Any updates about the launch of Swift and Getz diesel ( apart from what Autocar quoted in Oct issue ) ?

GTO,
i think you could safely add the renault logan to the list.
The Getz and Sonata Diesel is what me and my dad are waiting for and are planning on exchanging the Palio and the Accord for these two.
Hope they are well priced.
Cheers

As per my knowledge swift diesel, new zen, new baleno will be launched before april 2007, this is confirmed news.

However few magazine and dealers say new zen in november and immediately new baleno and Jan 2007 swift diesel.

I feel for actual date we have to wait and watch.

Ravi.

well the fabia seems to appear in the list of new cars for 2004,2005 2006 2007...i guess this is going to go on till 2010 at this rate...i also heard hummer was goin to be launched in india but they canned it for some reason...and a host of cars from china....

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Car magazines have been harping on new launches in the final quarter of every year. Of the list, about 20 - 30% actually make it.

Yeah if we take the list of cars that should've been launched every year for the last 5 years we should've been really spoilt for choice with every conceivable vehicle in the world on our roads lol:

Take that report with a large helping of salt.

It makes sense to look at cars in the under 10 and under 15 lakh category. Above that, its mostly CBUs and you can pretty much bring in anything you want easily and its not going to help us folks much.