Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:52   #151
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Honda will skip Price Hike on that V Spec City. If they increase its price, it will affect them badly. Sales will be down by at least 30-40%. I think Honda knows that, let's wait & watch.
Given the fact that 40% of the bookings have been for the ZX variant, it is improbable (basically impossible) that increasing the price of the V variant will cause a sales decrease of 30-40%. I doubt Honda will skip a price hike on the V variant.
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:08   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Given the fact that 40% of the bookings have been for the ZX variant, it is improbable (basically impossible) that increasing the price of the V variant will cause a sales decrease of 30-40%. I doubt Honda will skip a price hike on the V variant.
Yes, That ZX variant is feature packed & hence that much demand. But ever since City was launched in 2014, the V Variant has got highest bookings. Closely followed by VX.

Since only V cuts the under 10 lakh mark among these versions, I expect prices to remain unchanged. Even before Facelift was unveiled, V Spec was priced at 9.99 lakhs. Despite the additional features & new face, price was same.

Basically, V Spec is the bread & butter model of City Range for Honda. So, they cannot make mistake. If the price remains same, it's well & good. If it increases, God Bless Honda.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:45   #153
BHPian

God had already blessed them this time. Slight price increase will not have a big impact. People will crib and then those who want to buy will go and buy it anyway.
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:43   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post
Attaching a pic of the mechanism below.
Hello, The Brutailer,
I just wanted to inform you that I am using your same picture for representative purposes.
Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Dear Honda City owners,

After the recent tragic accident in Chennai (involving Racer Ashwin Sundar), myself and family had a heated discussion on the automatic door lock mechanism. I recently took a test drive of 2017 Honda City and one of the features was automatic door locking once the car reaches about 20 kmph speed. I asked the sales consultant whether the locked doors open automatically in case of a collision / accident but he had no answer. I am throwing open this discussion to the forum and specifically to Honda City owners whether Honda city has this safety feature?

Regards,

SMSP
Dear SMSP,
I drive a 2014 Honda City VX Petrol (The pre-facelift version).
On a regular day to day usage, there are 3 ways to regularly open the doors.
1. Use the lock switches present within the inside door handles. (as illustrated in the picture by BHPian The Brutailer.)
2. Use the Central Lock switch. (which is present on the driver console)
3. You can directly pull the driver's inside door handle (Marked in red) which will unlock all the doors. It has a feature, where if the car is locked and you pull the handle once (even a pull which is 25% of the distance to open), the doors will unlock, you pull it a second time and you can open the driver's side door (and other doors including the boot, as the doors, are now unlocked)

Coming to the question you asked. I don't know how to fully explain this, but I hope my point is made across.
During emergency situations (I cannot give a full description of what exactly are these emergency situations) the car will sense it, and the doors unlock along with a *CHIME* sound warning (similar to the sound if handbrake is not fully down while driving/moving, driver not wearing his seatbelt, headlights kept ON when the engine is switched off and the door is open, etc) and if you keep your cabin lights in DOOR position, the cabin lights will also come on.
If the car senses that the emergency situation is a false alarm, then the cabin lights will dim down and the doors will lock the next time you cross 15-20kmph, not immediately.

Some of the Emergency situations in which the car unlocks which I am aware of.
1. Hard Cornering (Very hard cornering)
2. If someone from the inside of the car is applying pressure to the entire door.

If the car has the technology for these situations, I think if, in a major crash, the doors should unlock.

As for the tragic accident in Chennai, involving Racer Ashwin Sundar (may his soul and his wife's rest in peace) I am not sure of what exactly had happened and why the doors did not unlock or whether he was conscious or not after the accident or whether he had any injury (head, shoulders, etc) and I am definitely not the person to make any assertions about the incident. Maybe the police or close family relatives might be knowing more about had actually happened.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-image.png.jpg  

themonster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 16:49   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
God had already blessed them this time. Slight price increase will not have a big impact. People will crib and then those who want to buy will go and buy it anyway.
There is no God coming in picture here. This car is the product of a few human beings just like other cars and not made by God.

The point is whoever can afford to buy and or some others who extend their budgets to get the ZX variant or VX variant should feel satisfied after owning the car.

If the car does not meet the expectations of the price paid, that becomes a problem. Another sad fact is that it's not the price of the car which is damn high. But the taxes and other costs. The fact that the top end model costs just over 10 lakhs in other countries such as UAE, Malaysia etc and with more features tells the story.

By the way this is not just the case of Honda, but for all car brands in India.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 23rd March 2017 at 16:53. Reason: Added comments
adarsh76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 19:52   #156
BHPian

Hi Durango Dude,
I know it's just less than a month. Just curious to know how you find your new ride. Looking forward to an ownership review
I've been looking for an automatic (due to knee/leg pain)but the pricing CVT variant pricing has forced me to opt for VMT. I've booked the Baleno as well. Whichever comes first, I'd probably decide then.
Content Reactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 16:13   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Hi Durango Dude,
I know it's just less than a month. Just curious to know how you find your new ride. Looking forward to an ownership review
I've been looking for an automatic (due to knee/leg pain)but the pricing CVT variant pricing has forced me to opt for VMT. I've booked the Baleno as well. Whichever comes first, I'd probably decide then.
Hey, thanks! I've haven't run it that much. But it's very smooth operator. I've found it very easy to use in the 'City' as it's name suggests and the rear parking sensor (accessory) and camera (standard fitment) combo are a real boon to park in tight spots. I haven't taken her on the highway. It's been intracity and it's just great. I think high seating, CVT and refinement are the USP's of the City . The AVN is good to use and sometimes can be buggy when used via BT (when you get notifications). There's a slight rattle coming from the left side of the dash which I'll mention during the first service which falls on the 1st April. The first pic taken by me (Nikon D610 with 20mmf/1.8G) second one clicked by my daughter on her Nexus 6 while I was driving her to college.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-0521.1.-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-0720_filtered.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 24th March 2017 at 16:17.
Durango Dude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 20:46   #158
BHPian

Thank you for the feedback. Those shots are amazing. The sun rays make the City even more elegant. Did you install lights in the footwell?
Content Reactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 23:01   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Thank you for the feedback. Those shots are amazing. The sun rays make the City even more elegant. Did you install lights in the footwell?
Yes I did and also the drilled pedals.
Old 25th March 2017, 09:08   #160
BHPian

Update: completed 500kms on my VMT petrol, and the first (30 days / 1000kms) free service. Puts a smile on my face whenever I drive on open roads and stress whenever bikers and autos come too close

I also felt some rattle, but that turned out to be due to the 500ml water bottle vibrating

Even with 100% AC and semi-traffic laden drive to my office and back (~12km each way), I'm getting an FE around 12.5-13.2 kmpl (from MID readings) and I'm pretty happy with it.

Agree on the post above that the BT streaming is a bit buggy. Especially streaming high bitrates causes problems, sticking to moderate bitrates works fine for me. Asked the SA if there's an update for the AVN software and he was clueless.
quadmaniac is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 20:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Hey, thanks! I've haven't run it that much. But it's very smooth operator. I've found it very easy to use in the 'City' as it's name suggests.
Excellent photos. I see that you have an automatic variant, what is the mileage you are getting? Thanks
PatienceWins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 21:11   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Excellent photos. I see that you have an automatic variant, what is the mileage you are getting? Thanks
Thank you! I'm yet to exhaust the tankful, but the MID fluctuates between 10kmpl to 14 kmpl. I'd say an average of 10-11 kmpl I'd be happy. I've just run 400 kms this far. But it's very refined & comfy to drive.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 14:50   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post

The V variant looks the most value for money if you can compromise with the LED lights, sunroof and few other gimmicky features. It would be prudent to buy the V and then get a leather pack done outside the showroom and tyres/alloys replacement. That's all you really need. Halogen lights are adequate if not the best.

Has anyone done a tyre/alloys upsize on the V variant from Honda itself. How much do they charge and what size did you opt for? If someone has done this outside the showroom, they may share this information as well.
I got delivery of my V MT a couple of weeks back. On the day of the delivery changed the OEM 175 Good Years to 195/60/R15 Michelin XM2s. The buy back for the alloys were a mere 10k everywhere, so didn't bother changing them. Also I prefer the V variant's alloys to that of the Vx and Zx. Looks much more cleaner.

On a different note, did a Bangalore - Yelagiri - Bangalore trip on Sunday. Was itching to unleash the iVtec however painfully restricted myself and kept the speeds between 80 - an occasional 100 km/hr. Used the cruise control as well, however keeping in mind to vary the revs. Got an FE of 17+ kmpl. City FE is 11 kmpl which is good considering Bangalore Traffic.

Booked an appointment for the first service on Friday 31st March.
Altocumulus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 16:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I got delivery of my V MT a couple of weeks back. On the day of the delivery changed the OEM 175 Good Years to 195/60/R15 Michelin XM2s. The buy back for the alloys were a mere 10k everywhere, so didn't bother changing them. Also I prefer the V variant's alloys to that of the Vx and Zx. Looks much more cleaner.

On a different note, did a Bangalore - Yelagiri - Bangalore trip on Sunday. Was itching to unleash the iVtec however painfully restricted myself and kept the speeds between 80 - an occasional 100 km/hr. Used the cruise control as well, however keeping in mind to vary the revs. Got an FE of 17+ kmpl. City FE is 11 kmpl which is good considering Bangalore Traffic.

Booked an appointment for the first service on Friday 31st March.
Congrats, Altocumulus! How's the ride quality on the 15" rims. Good that you have taken a long drive! I find the ride quality a little stiff (16" rims) at low speeds especially as I have moved down from the good ol' Elantra which is pretty plush even now. That's some great FE you've got! Post some pics.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 18:43   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Congrats, Altocumulus! How's the ride quality on the 15" rims. Good that you have taken a long drive! I find the ride quality a little stiff (16" rims) at low speeds especially as I have moved down from the good ol' Elantra which is pretty plush even now. That's some great FE you've got! Post some pics.
Thanks Durango Dude !

The ride is a little hard for me as well maybe because the tyre pressure maintained is 33psi on all four. I intend to have them at 31 for front and 29 for rear as suggested in this thread. Hopefully that will soften things up a bit. Pics will be coming soon.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed