Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2017, 23:30   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr1304 View Post
Hi all,
Thanks for the valuable inputs..
I have booked a VMT petrol in April and luckily I was offered the old price.
Today I inspected the car, it is Feb 2017 manufactured.
Could get this by decoding the engine number. Is this OK..isn't Feb a bit old ? Kindly advise.
Also, I just looked at the alloys, are the 15inch alloy design on VMT different from 16inch alloy on VX?
Is it a good idea to.upgrade to 16inch alloy?
What colour is it ? Maybe a non moving colour.
Feb manufactured car should have been delivered by now. If it is a cancel then there maybe something wrong with the car. Thoroughly check it.

I personally was happy that I had 15 inch alloys for 2 reasons. One was I could upsize to 195/60/R15 and not compromise on sidewall height and make the ride harder. Second, I found the 16 inch wheels too busy and blingy comparatively.
Old 14th May 2017, 23:57   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Regarding the upsize to 16 inchers, it is a very personal choice. There are no said advantages of having them except for the looks. You will have to buy aftermarket rims and tyres unless your dealer is willing to get it for you, Honda is not selling them as official accessories.

Well there are some said advantages for up sizing of the tyres though it depends on what way a driver drives the car. Bigger tyres would definitely give you more confidence at corners and handling is general with a trade off of a stiffer ride and a slightly lesser FE. But even by increasing the width to say 195 mm and sticking with 15' will also do a lot of good to the city and complement the ivtec.

Also finding a good alloy in after market isn't that problematic as you think. One just needs to stick to OEM specs.
Old 15th May 2017, 06:25   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
What colour is it ? Maybe a non moving colour.

Second, I found the 16 inch wheels too busy and blingy comparatively.
It's silver colored..after your inputs I think I should cross check the car again.

Regarding the alloys..so the design on 16 and 15 is different.. Right?
Old 15th May 2017, 08:55   #319
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
Also finding a good alloy in after market isn't that problematic as you think. One just needs to stick to OEM specs.
I never mentioned that finding alloys in the aftermarket would be problematic, I just mentioned that he will not get the OEM 16 inchers unless his dealer is ready to get them, as Honda is not selling them as accessories.

Quote:
Regarding the alloys..so the design on 16 and 15 is different.. Right?
Yes, the 15 inch alloys on the V variant are completely different from the 16 inchers on the VX and ZX variants. 16 inchers have also got wider 185/55 R16 tyres, while 15 inchers have 175/65 R15 section tyres.

Also, the VX and ZX get all 5 alloy wheels, while the V gets 4 alloys and 1 steel spare wheel.

Last edited by OSH : 15th May 2017 at 09:00.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 10:27   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
You will never know the reason, the booking got cancelled, it could have been rejected by the buyer for some fault he found out or maybe he shifted his preference etc. Another angle can be that this car was a display vehicle (NOT A DEMO VEHICLE), kept in the showroom.

Tips would be, check if the seats have the plastic on them, check the carpet mat it will have a plastic film stuck throughout the floor-pans, your Odometer should be around 20 kms (before it goes for registration), look out for suspicious dirt marks or fingerprints in the interiors, there should not be any creases on your seats indicating someone has sat inside multiple times etc.

See I could be completely wrong here and your dealer must be genuinely having this car as his last peice, but because of your February date all these thaughts came up. Talk with your SA very firmly about this, ask him multiple questions about why it was lying around when demand is there in the market. After all this there is little you can do, better forget all this and enjoy the new car purchase. But I again repeat, check your car very well before it goes into registration.
A Feb 17 car that just happened to be lying with the dealer?! For such a hot selling model with waiting lists going up to 2-3 months?
You getting lucky just in time?!
Seem like red flags to me. Think rationally, if still in doubt or inconclusive, walk away.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 16:17   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
A Feb 17 car that just happened to be lying with the dealer?! For such a hot selling model with waiting lists going up to 2-3 months?
You getting lucky just in time?!
Seem like red flags to me. Think rationally, if still in doubt or inconclusive, walk away.
i spoke to the SA again today , it seems this car was not cancelled booking, it was lying with them . supposedly another car maroon color was also there which is feb-2017.

i had paid the booking amount on April-29th-2017 and it was reserved for me since then. just that i was a bit busy and was waiting for right time and to decide about V or VX model --- and could not go for followup .
so from last 20 days it has been just lying waiting for my payment .

Also, since i paid the booking amount in April (just before the price rise ) i am getting it at the older price. this i had negotiated while paying the booking amount. (of course if i had to choose VX , then i had to forgo the old price and had to pay as per new rates.

as per my gut feeling and inspection , i think i will go with this VMT feb model.
if i have to choose a new model , then i will have to pay the additional 60K as per new price.
Old 15th May 2017, 16:42   #322
BHPian

Quote:
i spoke to the SA again today , it seems this car was not cancelled booking, it was lying with them . supposedly another car maroon color was also there which is feb-2017.

i had paid the booking amount on April-29th-2017 and it was reserved for me since then. just that i was a bit busy and was waiting for right time and to decide about V or VX model --- and could not go for followup .

Also, since i paid the booking amount in April (just before the price rise ) i am getting it at the older price. this i had negotiated while paying the booking amount. (of course if i had to choose VX , then i had to forgo the old price and had to pay as per new rates.

as per my gut feeling and inspection , i think i will go with this VMT feb model.
if i have to choose a new model , then i will have to pay the additional 60K as per new price.
As long as you are satisfied, that's all that counts. Congrats, and go ahead with the buy..
Old 15th May 2017, 18:22   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer is this ?

I would suggest you do a thorough PDI before the car is sent for registration.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 15th May 2017 at 18:23.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:26   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer is this ?

I would suggest you do a thorough PDI before the car is sent for registration.
its Dakshin honda - Hosur road.
can you pls share latest PDI link
Old 15th May 2017, 18:32   #325
BHPian

Quote:

Which dealer ? I did my booking on 15 April at Dakshn Honda Hosur Road for V MT. They were having a VX MT Golden Brown available within a week and a V CVT Urban Steel as well. But my choice was V MT and so I was given 2 months waiting time.

I called Sapphire Honda twice and both times they told no way to get V MT without minimum 40 days wait.

Last edited by Revy : 15th May 2017 at 18:33.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:41   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Which dealer ? I did my booking on 15 April at Dakshn Honda Hosur Road for V MT. They were having a VX MT Golden Brown available within a week and a V CVT Urban Steel as well. But my choice was V MT and so I was given 2 months waiting time.

Same place Dakshin Honda on Hosur Road.
I took Alabaster Silver - VMT petrol.
When I inquired, this was the only color available. Had you reconfirmed, I mean they have a XLS with stocks available.
Ii had seen that - which mentioned only one silver available yet.

Finally, did you book elsewhere?

Quote:
I called Sapphire Honda twice and both times they told no way to get V MT without minimum 40 days wait.
Sapphire Honda was very unprofessional, they didn't call back. The SA who had come to my office with test drive car did not know anything about the model. Later he confessed that Sapphire Honda used to deal in two wheedlers. They are new in 4 wheelers not sure !! He didn't even bother to call back to check if I will buy it. So I shifted to Dakshin Honda and did a walk-in to their showroom.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th May 2017 at 21:36. Reason: Posts merged & edited for readabilty.
Old 15th May 2017, 18:45   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its Dakshin honda - Hosur road.
can you pls share latest PDI link
Quote:

Aha, its gets more suspicious now.

Actually, that's what I wanted to check, if it's the same dealer as Ravi's.

@sbr1304, I seriously think you should check the car thoroughly. It can definitely be a display car. If it is, the problem is people who sit in the car play around with the gears, music system, steering, etc which could cause issues in the future. I am saying this from experience of buying one in the past. 60k discount now is not worth the headache later.

Quote:
Sapphire honda was very unprofessional, they didnt call back, the SA who had come to my office with test drive car did not know anything abt the model. later he confessed that Sapphire honda used to deal in two whelers they are new in 4 wheelers not sure !! he didnt even bother to call back to chck if i will buy it . so i shifted to dakshin honda and did a walkin to their showroom .
Haha, and it was the opposite for me. I got similar treatment with Whitefield Honda and then did a walkin with Sapphire. Got my car in 10 days as promised and very professional. All documents for the bank loan and everything else was ready on time. No followups required.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 15th May 2017 at 18:48.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2017, 18:53   #328
BHPian

Note from support: Please avoid excessive dots, SMS, and please use full sentences for better readability. Thank you!

Quote:

@sbr1304, I seriously think you should check the car thoroughly. It can definitely be a display car. If it is, the problem is people who sit in the car play around with the gears, music system, steering, etc which could cause issues in the future. I am saying this from experience of buying one in the past. 60k discount now is not worth the headache later.
It's definitely not a display/test car, I have reconfirmed it.
Generally for display they keep a top end model - either ZX or VX.

I have done a full recce of the car again, it looks fine. May be someone cancelled the booking between 15th to 29th. The car has done 8kms only, I have checked the odo.
All seats are with cover and mats too.

Quote:
A 60k discount now is not worth the headache later.
Its not a discount, they are offering 0 discount.
Ii am getting the old price as I had booked and locked the car before the new price list was available.

Quote:

Haha, and it was the opposite for me. I got similar treatment with Whitefield Honda and then did a walkin with Sapphire. Got my car in 10 days as promised and very professional. All documents for the bank loan and everything else was ready on time. No followups required.
You must be lucky too :-).
Anyway, as long as there are no hassles it's fine.
Almost all have mixed opinions about all dealers.
Ii guess it depends on the SA.

Last edited by aah78 : 15th May 2017 at 21:32. Reason: Posts merged. Posts edited for readabilty. See note.
sbr1304 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 15th May 2017, 19:01   #329
BHPian

Quote:

Their display car was Maroon at that dealership and it was V MT. There was no mention of any silver V MT available. I was taking my SA's words for granted, did not ask to see their stock list.

I will give him a call to know what is happening ! I call him once in a week to get the standard response that the expected date remains same as mid June.

@sbr1304 - If you are ok with it, please PM me the name of your SA.
Old 19th May 2017, 12:15   #330
BHPian

I spoke to my SA today and asked how come another person who booked 2 weeks after me is getting the car at old price. He doesn't have proper answer, says it could be a cancelled booking re-allotted. That is very much possible, but how at old price ? The price increase announced in May first week and usually car gets invoiced after it reaching the yard and prospective customer makes payment. My SA is not all comfortable with all my grilling and says he will discuss with his team leader and get back to me.
@sbr1304 - It is difficult to get the truth from these people..However, if you are getting it at old price and you are fine with the PDI, go ahead and buy it ! You save about 60K and that you can splurge on some accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks