Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2017, 23:44   #361
BANNED

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Awesome photos. Did you use panaromic views ?

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd June 2017 at 07:10. Reason: Grammatical error
siddutta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 07:07   #362
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddutta View Post
Awesome photos... Did you used panaromic views ?
All images were taken with the iPhone 7 Plus coupled with an Olloclip wide angle lens.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:56   #363

Completed two weeks with the city mvt petrol.
Things I love
1. Smooth quiet engine - sometimes at signals I don't realize the car is still on
2. Nice clean looks - front grill looks cleaner and sleeker
3. Great boot space - enough and more
4. Fuel economy of 15 in city roads (albeit with a soft foot)
5. Sufficient space for 3 with enough leg space and adequate thigh support
6. Awesome speakers - clarity is to be heard to be believed
7. Customization packages add class

Things that I don't love so much ( some might be pedantic but high expectations warrant it)

1. No android auto- nothing beats google maps. Mirror link is not too mainstream yet to warrant full usage
2. Ovrms are not wide - had to fix a concave to improve visibility
3. Beige interiors are not made for India. I can understand the seats but beige carpets are taking it a bit too far
4. Arm rest is too short to be comfortable
5. No cladding under wheels are a eye sore
6. Panel gaps especially on the bonnet lessen the class factor
7. No boot cargo nets and no hooks either
8. Fuel open button is a little hard to reach
9. 6 month service cycles could be re-looked

Last edited by tsk1979 : 30th June 2017 at 05:35.
pratheekjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 22:02   #364

Has anyone got a real time experience of updating the digipad navigation maps? Saw some links suggesting removing the sd card and connecting to a memory card reader and updating it via a software application. The service guys dont have much idea on this. Just the standard reply 'do it online sir' . Any real experience would be helpful. Saw the current version as updated last on October 2016 on my mvt.
Old 29th June 2017, 23:22   #365
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone, especially Bangalore folks, got a call from Honda for an invitation to a feedback session for the 2017 City and lunch at some hotel in Brigade Road. I got an invitation call today for the same. Good to see Honda arranging this and taking customer feedback seriously.
Old 30th June 2017, 11:11   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Has anyone, especially Bangalore folks, got a call from Honda for an invitation to a feedback session for the 2017 City and lunch at some hotel in Brigade Road. I got an invitation call today for the same. Good to see Honda arranging this and taking customer feedback seriously.

That's neat; I got a feedback call from Delhi this morning! I gave them a piece of my mind regards the buggy touchscreen infotainment/navigation system. No free lunch here in Chennai.
Old 30th June 2017, 11:40   #367
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Good to know. Looks like Honda are waking up to reality. Falling sales, reduction in the price (most likely) of SUV's because of introduction of GST might be pushing them now.
Another factor is a bunch of models lined up for launch in the price range in which the City sells.

I drove the 1.5 iVTEC CVT variant close to 1k Kms and really liked the drive-ability of the engine and the convenience of the CVT. The rattles and niggles are the only one's which still need to be sorted out!

If the implementation of GST manages to push the on road price (in Bangalore) for Vx CVT variant under 14 Lakh Rupees, then I will definitely consider this car as a good option.

This will be a bit of a U-turn for me considering that I had a 2014 Honda City iDTEC and sold it after 30K Kms not being very happy with the car!

Link to my Post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4106753

Last edited by MCR : 30th June 2017 at 11:44. Reason: Typo
Old 1st July 2017, 18:02   #368
MCR
BHPian

An excellent video review by Power Drift. And yes, the current version of this car is just lacking that refinement and the feel good factor which was synonymous with the car once upon a time
MCR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 18:20   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Good to know. Looks like Honda are waking up to reality. Falling sales, reduction in the price (most likely) of SUV's because of introduction of GST might be pushing them now.
Ciaz is their main concern for sure.

Inspite of 1) City receiving a major facelift, 2) Having a lot more features, 3) bigger engines and 4) Ciaz moving to NEXA network with less coverage than earlier, MSIL still retains the segment leader position which Honda maintained uncontested for over a decade.

Moreover, MSIL is rumoured to be preparing a major update to the Ciaz with 1.0 Boosterjet and probably even the 1.6 diesel. We can be sure it would offer features like LED projector headlamps as even smaller cars like Ignis and DZire got them recently.

The price difference between the two in cities like Bangalore is about 4.5L (On road for top end diesel) which leaves them more than enough room to get a better variant in place for the facelift, but still retain the value proposition.

Quote:
An excellent video review by Power Drift.
Surpised you liked it. I found it a pain to watch, with the review talking about everything else other than the car for most of the time. They had some good points, but the presentation of PD reviews, specially this one, is very bad. (Except in cases where Sarge takes over).

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 1st July 2017 at 18:29.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 20:32   #370
BHPian

The showroom price of city v petrol is going below 10L as per CarWale (GST price) What we are talking about here is 60-70k reduction in the on road pricing. That's great. Anyone have any information about this?
Old 2nd July 2017, 15:13   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
The showroom price of city v petrol is going below 10L as per CarWale (GST price) What we are talking about here is 60-70k reduction in the on road pricing. That's great. Anyone have any information about this?
No conformation yet, but prices will go down for sure. I am having a tussle with my dealer since last week. I booked VMT Petrol on 15 Apr and target for delivery was 15 June. In June first week, SA told it will be July and I said ok as I was hoping for GST benefit. Last week, suddenly SA calls and asks me to make down payment as they have "allotted" car for me ! It didn't sound right, I asked about post GST price changes and they had no clear answer. I did not make any payment yet, though the loan process started. They claim that they have already invoiced it in my name (without getting any money !) and I have to take it at pre GST price. I gave a piece of my mind and told I would prefer canceling my booking than being taken for a ride. After 70 days, just before GST comes, they want me to pay at old prices, though they will deliver only after a week !

Almost all car makers were offering pre GST offers to push the stock in June, but not Honda. Price going down even by 1.2%, would save me 30K in road tax in Bangalore ! Honda site is still showing pre-GST prices and says it will be updated "shortly". Carwale is already showing big cut for Honda, but that seems speculative.

I have decided to wait till Honda announces officially. Then I will go to my dealer ask to proceed. If they still stick to the story that a car was invoiced in my name last week and I have to take it at that price, then it is cancellation and good bye with the dealer. (Dakshnin Honda, Hosur Road, Bangalore).

Last edited by Revy : 2nd July 2017 at 15:15.
Old 2nd July 2017, 15:53   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
https://Youtu.be/jzkbhIeVBSM

An excellent video review by Power Drift. And yes, the current version of this car is just lacking that refinement and the feel good factor which was synonymous with the car once upon a time

I beg to disagree. Purists may say the old City was the best, I think it was a tin can with a powerful engine prone to body flex.
Old 3rd July 2017, 07:19   #373
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Ciaz is their main concern for sure.
Correct. Ciaz seems to be selling well even today with slightly under powered engines!
This should be settled with 1.0 BoosterJet and 1.5 Diesel engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Surprised you liked it. I found it a pain to watch, with the review talking about everything else other than the car for most of the time. They had some good points, but the presentation of PD reviews, specially this one, is very bad. (Except in cases where Sarge takes over).
Yes. I like the movie like video editing style of Power Drift. Of course the best in the business is currently Autocar India followed by Autoportal IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I beg to disagree. Purists may say the old City was the best, I think it was a tin can with a powerful engine prone to body flex.
I am not sure about the build Quality. But it was generations ahead of the cars available in the market during that time, in terms of Innovation. It was more like a family race car on road!
Old 3rd July 2017, 10:44   #374
BHPian

Apparently Ciaz is testing 1.5 for both petrol and diesel... If they can reach the power figures even close to City (petrol) / Verna (diesel) , it could be a game changer in this segment.
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:29   #375
BHPian

At last, Honda has updated prices on their web site ! Here is the Prices for City in Bangalore. Not as low as speculated by Carwale.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-honda-city-price.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks