Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:34   #376
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Agree, how come there is such a big difference between Carwale and the actual implemented prices? Did Honda silently increase the base prices to just not pass on the benefit to the customer?
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:41   #377
Team-BHP Support

Comparison of pre and post GST prices for Bangalore. Reduction of around 30k for the top end ZX diesel.

Pre GST -
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_2017070315381166.png

Post GST -

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_2017070315372161.png

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_2017070315363962.png

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 3rd July 2017 at 15:42.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:59   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Agree, how come there is such a big difference between Carwale and the actual implemented prices? Did Honda silently increase the base prices to just not pass on the benefit to the customer?
Well, Carwale was just speculating ! Looks like Honda has pocketed some of the tax savings. May be their May price hike was in anticipation of this. Effectively, now they are back to initial price for 2017 face lift. And I won't be surprised if they make another price hike before Diwali/festive season !
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 22:30   #379
BHPian

Hey Guys!

One of my relatives is considering booking the V variant of the City in Delhi. They have been dealing with Samara Honda (Lajpat Nagar). Since they wish to upsize the wheels right away, they requested the RM for swapping the R15 Wheels with the R16 ones of the upper variants at the dealership itself and let them know the cost for the same.

However, the RM refused to even cosinder doing so and threatened of cancelling the Warranty if we get them swapped outside. This is a news to me as I have come across numerous cases of wheel upsize and have never heard of the Warranty getting cancelled because of the same.

My relative is now considering shifting to another dealership but needs to know if what the RM told him was the truth. Any inputs on the same, and also on the better Honda Dealerships in Delhi is appreciated.
Old 9th July 2017, 04:32   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Hey Guys!

However, the RM refused to even cosinder doing so and threatened of cancelling the Warranty if we get them swapped outside. This is a news to me as I have come across numerous cases of wheel upsize and have never heard of the Warranty getting cancelled because of the same.
It was quite common and most dealerships in Bangalore also made the same threats back in 2014 as well but I still went ahead.

Nobody ever checked the upsized tires during any of the services or during insurance claims. I wonder what is their logic now since Honda themselves have higher variants with larger rim and tire combo...However in my case the rim size was the same and only tires upsized...

If Honda does not agree you could get it done outside and you will get better exchange value for existing rims and tires. Tires anyway come with their own warranty. However if any damage occurs to the rims then in an insurance claim scenario they can only provide 15 inch rims as replacement is my guess as that is the factory spec for that variant.
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 08:09   #381
BHPian

Quote:

However, the RM refused to even cosinder doing so and threatened of cancelling the Warranty if we get them swapped outside.

My relative is now considering shifting to another dealership but needs to know if what the RM told him was the truth. Any inputs on the same, and also on the better Honda Dealerships in Delhi is appreciated.
Nope, warranty is not affected prima facie. but it is an 'out' for the manufacturer and dealer, one they reserve the right to invoke in case of misjudgement in upsizing which may directly result in an adverse situation. If your upsize is reasonable, no one will bring it up. In my experience, it is best to not even discuss with the dealership. And, of course, be smart about it if you do not want to have unpleasant discussion about warranty. Like may be not upgrading the rims but only tyres. And as far as possible use the same tyre brand for upgrade.

Regarding other dealerships in Delhi, try Samara's sister branch at Safdarjung. They generally appear to be more friendly.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 11:13   #382
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Since they wish to upsize the wheels right away, they requested the RM for swapping the R15 Wheels with the R16 ones of the upper variants at the dealership itself and let them know the cost for the same.

Any inputs on the same, and also on the better Honda Dealerships in Delhi is appreciated.
The cost of the OEM 16 inch alloy is 6300 rupees pre GST Mumbai, they will have to buy a set of 5 or buy 4 alloys and find a 16 inch steel rim from outside for the spare as Honda gives all 5 alloys in the higher variants. The tyres will also be a bit expensive as the size of 185/55 R16 is not that common, only selected brands have this size. All in all they will have to spend upwards of 65000 for the swap (without exchange of the older set). Also, the dealership will not buy the old alloys and tyres, so he will have to find a buyer himself.

If they are ready to put in so much money just on tyres and rims why not ask them to buy the VX variant, which will get them much more than the 16 inch alloys.

Regarding warranty, there should be no problem as alloys and tyres will be OEM, but some dealers are plain idiots who will just for the sake of it create problems if at all you have any warranty issues.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 11:32   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
The cost of the OEM 16 inch alloy is 6300 rupees pre GST Mumbai, they will have to buy a set of 5 or buy 4 alloys and find a 16 inch steel rim from outside for the spare as Honda gives all 5 alloys in the higher variants. The tyres will also be a bit expensive as the size of 185/55 R16 is not that common, only selected brands have this size. All in all they will have to spend upwards of 65000 for the swap (without exchange of the older set). Also, the dealership will not buy the old alloys and tyres, so he will have to find a buyer himself.

If they are ready to put in so much money just on tyres and rims why not ask them to buy the VX variant, which will get them much more than the 16 inch alloys.

Regarding warranty, there should be no problem as alloys and tyres will be OEM, but some dealers are plain idiots who will just for the sake of it create problems if at all you have any warranty issues.
Just to add more details to this analysis, VX comes with LED headlights that look awesome. To get that look for a V model, you need to shell out another 75000 in addition to the above mentioned 65000. That makes more sense to go for the higher model.

If you can ignore the bigger wheels for the time being then go for V, which is completely VFM.
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:02   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys!

One of my relatives is considering booking the V variant of the City in Delhi. They have been dealing with Samara Honda (Lajpat Nagar). Since they wish to upsize the wheels right away, they requested the RM for swapping the R15 Wheels with the R16 ones of the upper variants at the dealership itself and let them know the cost for the same.
Surprised! The dealership should accomodate this request with no impact on warranty. They are the ones who stand to make money because you're upgrading to tyres and alloys stock for the zx variant.

Go to another dealer who will be more than happy to do this swap for you.

Once upon a time when we were looking at the city in 2005, the Honda dealer themselves had some tasty rims available as upgrades.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 12:24   #385
BHPian

Thanks for the perspective guys.

He has decided to live with the stock 15 inchers for now and upgrade to bigger shoes when the original ones wear out.

Also, since the RM at Samara Lajpat Nagar sounded rude, they've lost his business and he is on a lookout for better Honda Dealerships in Delhi. Any inputs on the same?
Old 9th July 2017, 14:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the perspective guys.

He has decided to live with the stock 15 inchers for now and upgrade to bigger shoes when the original ones wear out.

Also, since the RM at Samara Lajpat Nagar sounded rude, they've lost his business and he is on a lookout for better Honda Dealerships in Delhi. Any inputs on the same?
In my opinion, he should keep the option open and swap the tires to Michelin if he gets a tires other than Michelin or Bridgestone. Upsize or not is a separate topic...I got MRFs as the default and swapped the tires on the day of the delivery itself with upsized Michelin XM2s which gave me a good price for exchange. Some who retained the OEM MRFs have reported that these wore out within 20K and some have reported having got bubbles and replaced these tires multiple times under warranty. For complete peace of mind, my recommendation would be to settle only for Michelin or Bridgestone tires.
Old 9th July 2017, 16:45   #387
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Surprised! The dealership should accomodate this request with no impact on warranty. They are the ones who stand to make money because you're upgrading to tyres and alloys stock for the zx variant.
Actually the dealership may not make money on such things and will not be keen on doing the same, reason, ordering these alloys and tyres will be a pain for them. They will have to first tell their service center to order the parts because showroom people won't have access to order parts directly from Honda. Now the service center will need a VIN of a VX or ZX to place the order, so dealer will mostly have to give their test-drive vehicle's VIN. After doing all this when the parts come, the payment will be made to the service center so dealer's efforts did not result into profits or for the matter of fact any income. This is the reason his RM said no for the swap, he is least interested in taking all this trouble and not getting anything in return.

This is one of the reasons why they sell only official accessories in the showroom, profits made on them go to the dealership and the RM selling them gets his cut.

Last edited by OSH : 9th July 2017 at 16:49.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 17:37   #388
BHPian

I'm slightly deviating from the current topic. So, kindly excuse me for this. I recently purchased a VMT model on 22nd June. To my surprise (this time a pleasant one), I received a intimation from my dealer to submit few documents so that they can process a refund to me for the reduction of Ex showroom price after GST came into force.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2017, 23:13   #389
Senior - BHPian

I was made to find out the wade-ability quotient of my City CVT tonight, the down pour saw me wading through almost sill deep water on the service road of the newly opened Porur flyover. Came out dry!
Old 9th July 2017, 23:20   #390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
I'm slightly deviating from the current topic. So, kindly excuse me for this. I recently purchased a VMT model on 22nd June. To my surprise (this time a pleasant one), I received a intimation from my dealer to submit few documents so that they can process a refund to me for the reduction of Ex showroom price after GST came into force.
Honda is straightforward in this matter. My friend booked an Amaze about the same time. They offered a refund post July 1. He cancelled his booking but that's a different matter.

Kudos to Honda India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks