Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2017, 16:37   #406
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAND23 View Post
Congrats on the new buy! I believe we have lot of reviews for Honda City. Anyway you can bring in some learning/improvement on this car into forum.

BTW which showroom is this? I am unable to recognize.

I see Rolls-Royce T-Shirt. I too work for same company.
Would love to see your car in office, If we are able to meet.
I bought it from Dakshin Honda, Hosur Road. Nope, I don't work for Rolls-Royce, of course I would dream to drive one :-). The T-Shirt was a gift from a relative who worked in HP on some project for Rolls-Royce.

I have started drafting my ownership report, due to very tight work schedules, not much progress is being made. Hope to start posting in a week's time.
Old 16th August 2017, 12:23   #407

Hello All,
I just got my 2017 SMT Honda city delivered last week. One thing I badly wanted to install is the reverse sensor. But on speaking to the Car mechanic here(Chennai) , they all spice the tail lamp wire to power these and Honda was specific that the warranty would void if I sliced the tail lamp wire. Does anyone know where we can get connectors for the tail lamp so that I can do some soldering to the new connectors and use a pair(Male - Female- Original tail lamp) so that in case there is any electrical problems later, I can just plug away the converter and directly plug back the original taillamp connectors.
I also need help on OBD adapter for Honda city 2017. The ones which I already had( worked with Chevy Beat) do not communicate with the ECU, though the Bluetooth connectivity works. guess the protocol or pinout for Japanese cars are different from American ones. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by royalbijoy : 16th August 2017 at 12:26. Reason: typo
Old 16th August 2017, 15:19   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalbijoy View Post
Hello All,
I just got my 2017 SMT Honda city delivered last week. One thing I badly wanted to install is the reverse sensor.
Congratulations on your car - I feel that the SMT is a terrific VFM option, and often overlooked (I considered it strongly before stretching and going for VMT).

However, coming to your question - why don't you get the reverse sensor or even camera setup done by Honda itself? I remember seeing that for 13k you can get reverse cam setup.
Old 16th August 2017, 16:49   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,
I just got my 2017 SMT Honda city delivered last week. One thing I badly wanted to install is the reverse sensor. But on speaking to the Car mechanic here(Chennai) , they all spice the tail lamp wire to power these and Honda was specific that the warranty would void if I sliced the tail lamp wire. Does anyone know where we can get connectors for the tail lamp so that I can do some soldering to the new connectors and use a pair(Male - Female- Original tail lamp) so that in case there is any electrical problems later, I can just plug away the converter and directly plug back the original taillamp connectors.
I would also recommend to do it through Honda dealer itself if you are concerned about the warranty. They added reverse sensors for my Jazz V MT for 3k.

The sensors were neatly integrated in the back but they added a small device in the dash to alert visually and audibly the distance which I was not informed about earlier. I thought it would be like OEM integration which it's not.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 17:10   #410

The device I have is something which doesn't need holes to be drilled in the bumpers. Its a new kind of sensor called" electromagnetic sensor" instead of the regular "infrared sensors" which use 4 sensors drilled on the bumper.
Advantage -
1. No holes, no sensors on bumper
2. Covers every corner of the bumper rather than just specific points in the infrared sensor when it comes to a close distance pole which comes in the dark zone.
Another reason for asking is that I bought a reverse camera system with dashcam and gps all in one. That one too requires a trigger signal for reverse gear. Now I have to manually click the touchscreen of that device to go to reverse mode....
Old 16th August 2017, 17:12   #411

If at all I knew the type of connectors used in the tail lamp, I could just buy a male and female pair and do all this stuff without voiding the warranty from Honda..... Its some kind of standard connector but I don't know which one... T8, T9, T10, T11..... These can be imported from Hongkong for cheap...
Old 16th August 2017, 17:39   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I would also recommend to do it through Honda dealer itself if you are concerned about the warranty. They added reverse sensors for my Jazz V MT for 3k.
That is very sensible option if you want to preserve warranty.

Quote:
The sensors were neatly integrated in the back but they added a small device in the dash to alert visually and audibly the distance which I was not informed about earlier. I thought it would be like OEM integration which it's not.
Where exactly is this device set? In a friend's car it is placed above the IRVM where it doesn't intrude much. Can you post a picture of this?
Old 16th August 2017, 17:43   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Where exactly is this device set? In a friend's car it is placed above the IRVM where it doesn't intrude much. Can you post a picture of this?
Mine is placed in the left most corner of the dashboard. It's relatively small and non obtrusive but I was not okay with the Honda salesperson for not informing the same beforehand. Will post a picture tonight.

Last edited by Yieldway17 : 16th August 2017 at 17:47.
Old 16th August 2017, 18:30   #414

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-lupa7fhd1080pandroid503gwifigpsnavigationcardvrcamerawithdual_jpg_640x640.jpg

This is the device. It sticks to dashboard. Blocks a small part of the window, but not so bad.

Coming back to early question, did anyone successfully connect their OBD adapter to Honda city? Mine refuses to connect with the ECU.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th August 2017 at 18:38. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 16th August 2017, 19:55   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1667030

This is the device. It sticks to dashboard. Blocks a small part of the window, but not so bad.
This is definitely a much advanced device than a normal reverse sensor. Hope someone else here in the forum help you on your connector question. Good luck!
Old 17th August 2017, 23:07   #416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Antennae up as in ?
We all keep our ears tuned to noises that our rides make! Looking for any source of annoyance that can creep up.
Old 17th August 2017, 23:08   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1667030

Coming back to early question, did anyone successfully connect their OBD adapter to Honda city? Mine refuses to connect with the ECU.
Can you please share the link from where this was purchased?
Old 17th August 2017, 23:17   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by connect2prashan View Post
Beautifully captured. With a tonal filter I guess. Awesome. Looking forward to play with my modern steel metallic at bessy beach (Eliot's beach) soon.
Thank you! You do it during a lean period say by 2-3pm when the beach is sparsely populated or there will be a lot of distractions. The sky was really moody that day and added value to the shot. Congrats and happy shooting!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2017, 01:12   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1667030

Yup i did, works perfectly with the torque app on the phone. Its a vgate bluetooth adapter called iCar or something.
Old 18th August 2017, 12:44   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
That is very sensible option if you want to preserve warranty.

I added reverse sensors from Honda dealer last week, during my first service at cost of 5500. Yes, the so called "device" is placed above IRVM and I didn't even notice it until my son spotted it .
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks