Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2017, 11:55   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Info: Vote for the Sedan of your choice in the "Hyundai Verna vs other C2 segment sedans" Poll: URL
Old 17th December 2017, 21:19   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
I understand your point. Will surely download and install Google Maps. Google maps is anyday better than static preloaded maps. But the thing is me and my brother both want our cars to be in best of the condition with everything working fine. Any minor glitches troubles us a lot.

Anyways, about the quoted post. That is what my doubt is. If it can be done then surely there is no point wasting my money on stupid SD card. Can anyone please help with the files.

I'll but a SD card from market and copy the files from here.
Thanks in advance,
Any help on the bold text? If possible can anyone share his map files to me?
Old 17th December 2017, 22:00   #513
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
If possible can anyone share his map files to me ?
There is a chance of corrupting the data card and the files stored inside if we try and hack into to the system's folder files.

I would suggest you to contact the tech support of iGo and ask them what can be done in your case. iGo is a navigation app for both Android and iOS available on their stores, Digipad is also an Android Tablet so they will help you sort your problem.

Their website is www.igonavigation.com.
Old 26th December 2017, 12:29   #514

Reg maps, installing Google Maps through the hack in other threads, wasn't great user experience for me. Remember, you'll be installing Google Maps- 3-4 years old version, compatible with Android 2.3. Add to that , internet sharing over bluetooth wasn't as reliable with repeated connection drops and now I'm back to Digipad maps.

HalfOctave, If you are in Chennai, I can share map SD card with you
Old 27th December 2017, 13:54   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakaromr View Post
Add to that , internet sharing over bluetooth wasn't as reliable with repeated connection drops and now I'm back to Digipad maps.
You can buy a dlink usb dongle from Amazon that works perfectly well with the WiFi of digipad. I bought one, and the internet works quite well on the YouTube app I installed via side-loading.
Old 28th December 2017, 18:11   #516
BHPian

Does the facelifted Honda City have a mute button option on the steering wheel?

I need that feature badly and I think it is there in the Hyundai Verna.
Old 30th December 2017, 09:55   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Does the facelifted Honda City have a mute button option on the steering wheel?

I need that feature badly and I think it is there in the Hyundai Verna.

Joy, I checked yesterday there's no mute button on the steering wheel.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 10:06   #518
Senior - BHPian

How does the build quality of the new City feel like? The official review says it has a light build quality. Does it feel safe and not tinny like some of the Maruti's or does it feel fairly robust? I understand Honda has reduced weight and may have cut costs but I am concerned about overall safety. Also is the service interval 3 or 6 months for the new city? Do the Honda guys keep calling every 3 months for service like they do for my Civic?

Thanks.
Old 30th December 2017, 14:08   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
How does the build quality of the new City feel like? The official review says it has a light build quality. Does it feel safe and not tinny like some of the Maruti's or does it feel fairly robust? I understand Honda has reduced weight and may have cut costs but I am concerned about overall safety. Also is the service interval 3 or 6 months for the new city? Do the Honda guys keep calling every 3 months for service like they do for my Civic?

Thanks.
My father owns the ZX CVT and I have some driving experience on it. IMHO if your benchmark is the Germans then yes, the overall fit and finish may seem a bit on the lighter side but in any case it is better than the Marutis. One doesn't feel unsafe even on expressway speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I just did the first service last Friday and it's better however I am expecting a better result after the first oil change. I wanted to change now itself, however the SA asked to me not to so that engine can bed in properly and change during 2nd service which is for 3 months if I really want to. Since Honda uses synthetic oil, I agreed.

It is still 6 months. However, IIRC 1st service - 1 month, 2nd - 3 month and 3rd - 6 month and then every 6 months.
Regarding your servicing query, the above is what I managed to fish out from this thread. I will however confirm it with my father and let you know.

Cheers!
anirudh_85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2017, 17:26   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
I have an old gen '05 Elantra GLS, the City's build is light and plastics are hard, but they're put together fine. I had a rattle that was laid to rest during the first service. My headlights weren't working when I took delivery that boiled down to a faulty light stalk that was promptly set right. I have taken 3 outstation trips in the last 10 months of ownership and has always been a pleasure, all the time there were 4 people (incl me:driver) with boot full of luggage and she delivered around 16 kmpl. The ownership has been pleasurable.
Old 31st December 2017, 23:31   #521

Quote:

Thanks.
Parts are light weight for sure. Have battled with a rattle on A-frame plastic cladding twice and touchwood, it's in fixed state now. When rattle started, I realised the plastics were thin and got into a habit of sensing every other part for their strength and no surprise there. Every part - plastic or metal looks to be light weight. Application of smaller pressure over your thumb, most do flex. My view is that the body is only a wrapper and shouldn't expect any safety requirement addressed by them.
However, there's no direct bearing of above on driving experience in highways, city roads, as the mechanical aspects of steering, engine, braking power are really excellent and there's no doubt on those letting you down.

Though my ownership is limited to only 3 months, car always instilled confidence when driving and I've no regrets to that. As time goes by, I'm expecting car, even if it lets me down on the plastics (ready to face rattles), do great on the mechanics for long years to come
sudhakaromr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 10:55   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quick question: Are the seats real leather or leatherette in the ZX variant?
If its genuine leather, is it possible to order one without genuine leather?
I wouldnt want the steering wheel cover and the other leather bits as well.
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2018, 12:14   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
Quick question: Are the seats real leather or leatherette in the ZX variant?
If its genuine leather, is it possible to order one without genuine leather?
I wouldnt want the steering wheel cover and the other leather bits as well.
I doubt this would be possible as level of micro customisation that you need is not offered off the shelf, but you could still write to Honda and check if they offer it. Else ask them what kind of leather is used. I am sure they must be taking religious beliefs in to consideration, when offering in India atleast.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 11:54   #524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I....I have taken 3 outstation trips in the ...The ownership has been pleasurable.
A few more questions. Is the steering light at parking speeds or needs considerable effort? I find my Civic on the heavier side to drive in traffic. Leaving out the fact that your car is a automatic is the car nimble to maneuver in traffic?

Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:28   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A few more questions. Is the steering light at parking speeds or needs considerable effort? I find my Civic on the heavier side to drive in traffic. Leaving out the fact that your car is a automatic is the car nimble to maneuver in traffic?Thanks
Steering is light and car is nimble in the city. It's a pleasure to manoeuvre the car in traffic; very light and easy to close gaps due to creep function. Sedate driving sees you using the brakes less and using the gas pedal more (step on and of the gas pedal). My Elantra (hydraulic PS) feels as heavy as a truck in comparison. They are like chalk and cheese.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks