Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2018, 16:34   #586
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Guys, I'm looking for a durable body cover for my 2017 VMT. The one bought from the dealer (genuine accessory) tore off within 3 months. While its waterproof, the quality of the cloth is not good enough to withstand all the hell that breaks lose on a car parked on an open road which sees high traffic. Any leads (and pricing information) will be helpful.

Further, I'm also looking to get the steering leather wrapped and any leads on that account will be helpful as well. <location - delhi>

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 13:33. Reason: Typo.
Old 25th May 2018, 16:42   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
I have my doubts if the showroom folks really do the 3M coating as claimed. There may be some genuine ones who must be doing it, however, both my Honda cars, when bought, had the 3M protection done from the showroom.

Honestly, I never felt that they were even near to what the actual 3M job would do. It may also be the case that since I had asked for a complimentary thing as part of my overall deal, they wouldn't have done it seriously.

My suggestion would be to take you car to a professional 3M or similar detailer and have it done from there.
+1.
The coating which the dealer did on my vehicle is not expected to last the test of the time. Better getting it done from 3M if its not being offered as a freebie. Else, get it done from the dealer and wait for 1-2 years before visiting 3M.

Happy Motoring!
Old 25th May 2018, 16:44   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBa View Post
Any leads (and pricing information) will be helpful.
Check this out. They have animal protection covers as well.

TPH Covers

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 13:37. Reason: Trimmed quote.
Old 25th May 2018, 22:44   #589
BHPian

Another Honda to make way into the garage!

After driving the Honda Amaze i-Dtec for 5yrs at almost 80K kms my dad decides it's time to get home the car he always wanted. The Honda City this year.

So after very careful consideration the trusty and again our 5yr old Hyundai i10 will retire to make space for the City. While the Amaze will replace it as the daily runner.

After my dad had his stint with re diesel motor of the Honda (though noisy its simply lovable) wanted to get home the City in the diesel variant. Finally somehow convinced dad that #VtecKickedIn is more cooler than 27.6kmpl

And we are now going ahead with the City Petrol (V MT). And the confusion of the color Silver v/s Mettalic Grey is still there and will be mostly in favour of the Alabaster Grey. As with 11.53L OTR in Goa calls for superb VFM too. VX is a sweet model but sunroof is something we will never use. Sadly will miss on LED headlamp and fog lamps. And yes the 16inch wheels with wider rubber.

Now coming mainly to the rubber. I plan to change the tyres as soon as the car rolls out of the dealership. Stock tyres are 175/65-R15 and I plan to get the wider (improves the looks as well) 195/60-R15

Been using the Yokohama Earth1 on the Amaze and the i10 as well. No complaints whatsoever.

Are those a good choice to go for on the City for upsizing or should I consider tyres like Goodyear Assurance Triplemax, MRF Perfinza or ZLO?

All the help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 11th June 2018, 11:21   #590
BHPian

Hi all,
I had given my new Honda City 2017 V MT to its first service. Earlier my side mirrors were auto folding while switching the car off and on. But now it's not working. Is there any setting for the same? Which I could change?
Old 11th June 2018, 13:29   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible_driver View Post
Hi all,
I had given my new Honda City 2017 V MT to its first service. Earlier my side mirrors were auto folding while switching the car off and on. But now it's not working. Is there any setting for the same? Which I could change?
Thats a news to me! The ORVM never folds in while switching off or locking the car. Are you sure about it?
Old 11th June 2018, 13:55   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
The ORVM never folds in while switching off or locking the car.
They do for sure on my ZX City.For the BRV or the Jazz, they don't for sure.
Sensible_driver. You should get that checked as they should. I am not sure about any settings to activate/de-activate, but there must be, as your's aren't working now. Will try to find it frommy side too.

Last edited by manson : 27th June 2018 at 13:36.
Old 11th June 2018, 14:03   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
They do for sure on my ZX City.For the BRV or the Jazz, they don't for sure.
Sensible_driver. You should get that checked as they should. I am not sure about any settings to activate/de-activate, but there must be, as your's aren't working now. Will try to find it frommy side too.
Thanks for the confirmation. Its probably on the ZX version. Mine is a pre-face lift [2015 model] top end CVT. That doesn't have this feature. Probably, this portable on to 2015 model?
Old 11th June 2018, 14:36   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
Earlier my side mirrors were auto folding while switching the car off and on. But now it's not working. Is there any setting for the same?

The open /close button, try closing the mirror when the car is on, then switch off the car and then start the car again. Does it open automatically?
If not, leave it open, turn off the car, exit and lock with your key fob. Does it close then?
Attached Images

Old 11th June 2018, 18:07   #595
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier my side mirrors were auto folding while switching the car off and on. But now it's not working.
There is a seperate button for that function. Read my post here.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2018, 09:46   #596
BHPian

Thanks a lot OSH, yes there is a button specially for this on the right hand side of the steering wheel. I think I will read the complete Owner Manual this weekend to avoid such kind of queries.
Old 14th June 2018, 09:58   #597
BHPian

Guys, a dumb question - in my Chevy Beat, whenever my car needs to be "found" in a parking lot, I would press the "lock" button on the remote key and the beep would help in locating the car. With the Honda key, this is no longer possible - am I correct, or am I missing something obvious? I find this painful in shopping malls or large parking lots!
Old 14th June 2018, 22:53   #598
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Mine is a pre-face lift [2015 model] top end CVT. That doesn't have this feature. Probably, this portable on to 2015 model ?
Yes, you can get this done on your car but not without cutting wires.

A friend and fellow BHPian had got it done on his pre-facelift City from the authorised service center itself and it had costed him somewhere between 4000 and 5000, I don't remember the exact amount now.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 13:27   #599

Hi Guys, I will be taking the delivery of my VX CVT Petrol in Pune this sunday. Any recommendations for the accessories and underbody coating+paint protection that I should be getting from the dealer or from outside for a brand new car? I am planning to get the bumper and door protection strips installed from the dealer. But I have read some posts about dealer not offering quality services for underbody coating + paint protection treatment (3M). Is this the same case for Crystal Honda in Pune? Also where can I get better treatments done in Pune?
Old 28th June 2018, 14:55   #600

Is anyone facing issues with their digipads? Like it hangs up, the radio channel changes automatically, difficulty in connecting via Bluetooth and if connected unable to play music or touchscreen issues? I don't know what's wrong with it.

I had gone to watch hereditary yesterday late night now. Radio channels kept changing automatically which going back home which gave me chills down my spine

Will take a video and post it tonight.
statix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks