Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2022, 23:56   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Try going to Settings > General > CarPlay (on your iPhone) and try to connect using that.

In my case, my HU acts as a hotspot for my phone to connect to and the wireless CarPlay works most of the time smoothly (barring a few occasional hiccups)
Many thanks for the tip will try that tmrw.
Old 6th September 2022, 14:01   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Try going to Settings > General > CarPlay (on your iPhone) and try to connect using that.

In my case, my HU acts as a hotspot for my phone to connect to and the wireless CarPlay works most of the time smoothly (barring a few occasional hiccups)
The connection issue sorted itself out today and it's connecting seamlessly to my iPhone via Apple Car Play just one needs to be a little patient.
Old 25th September 2022, 21:33   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
My 2017 Honda City's Head unit conked off so decided to change it and got the UNO Minda Android Head Unit with wireless Apple Car Play and Android Auto. Got it installed today, am having problems as the Apple Car Play doesn't auto-connect at the time of booting and I have to go to phone Bluetooth and tap connect, every time. Is there any thing I can do to allow me to auto-connect to the system? I find it unreliable as after to go back and forth it just disconnects whatever I do I need to restart the car for it to work.
Too many people who have 2017 Honda City have reported of faulty Head Unit.

My cousin and office colleague have reported same issue and have got android units placed as existing units could not be fixed.
Mine being 2018, I am afraid that this would be coming to me as well.

Can't this be raised with Honda, if they can recall cars for faulty fuel pumps, airbags, etc then they should look into this problem as well.
Gearup_1111 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 23:18   #904
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post

Can't this be raised with Honda, if they can recall cars for faulty fuel pumps, airbags, etc then they should look into this problem as well.
IMO Cars are typically recalled for issues affecting safety or for those which could have a legal implication on the company (if they didn’t replace something knowing fully well that it was faulty then they would be culpable). Yet to see recalls for other features. At best, they may entertain a warranty claim, I wouldn’t hold my breath for that.
Old 26th September 2022, 07:28   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearup_1111 View Post

My cousin and office colleague have reported same issue and have got android units placed as existing units could not be fixed.
Mine being 2018, I am afraid that this would be coming to me as well.

Honda is not very receptive to customer complaints when it comes to head units and the rusting issue in their cars. The other issue I'm having is rust raising it's ugly head on all 4 doors of my car though it remains parked under my portico reasonably sheltered from rain and shine.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:23   #906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Honda is not very receptive to customer complaints when it comes to head units and the rusting issue in their cars. The other issue I'm having is rust raising it's ugly head on all 4 doors of my car though it remains parked under my portico reasonably sheltered from rain and shine.
Your profile state you live in Chennai. I hope it answers the question. Costal and a very humid place could cause such issues.

With recent rains, i wouldn't be surprised if cars in Bangalore start rusting like this.
Mustang_Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 11:30   #907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
Your profile state you live in Chennai. I hope it answers the question. Costal and a very humid place could cause such issues.

With recent rains, i wouldn't be surprised if cars in Bangalore start rusting like this.
Rusting issues have beleaguered Gen4 Citys all over the country. This is a definite problem with the car. Especially at the bottom of the doors and in the boot area, especially the spare wheel well.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 17:12   #908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
I have owned a M800, Hyundai Accent and Hyundai Elantra that didn't suffer from a rusting issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Rusting issues have beleaguered Gen4 Citys all over the country. This is a definite problem with the car. Especially at the bottom of the doors and in the boot area, especially the spare wheel well.
Luckily the Boot Spare Wheel area is spared, for me for the time being, mine is the last 4th Gen City facelift bought in Mar 2017. Otherwise it's a lovely car and I don't want to part with it.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 12:55   #909
Senior - BHPian

Head unit of my 2017 H.City (33k run) seems to be dying. Today morning, it was not working and was having ghost touch problems.

I need to buy an Android head unit. Please suggest me a head unit. I don't like these things but can compromise.

1. Branding on the head unit.
2. Hazard Switch in vertical position
3. Buttons on the left side of HU (made for LHD cars)

Also, it should have:

* Android Auto (wired / wireless?)
* Good RAM
* Working rear camera (preferably factory fitted camera).
* Preferably Invisible mic
* Working steering controls.
* OEM finish (I don't mind even a smaller 7"-9" screen)

Please suggest.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-city.jpg

Picture source: Team-BHP.
Old 27th September 2022, 21:49   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Head unit of my 2017 H.City (33k run) seems to be dying. Today morning, it was not working and was having ghost touch problems.

I need to buy an Android head unit. Please suggest me a head unit. I don't like these things but can compromise.

Also, it should have:

* Android Auto (wired / wireless?)
* Good RAM
* Working rear camera (preferably factory fitted camera).
* Preferably Invisible mic
* Working steering controls.
* OEM finish (I don't mind even a smaller 7"-9" screen)

Please suggest.

Picture source: Team-BHP.
Hi Mukesh,

I changed the HU of my 2017 City last year. I got the Hypersonic DSP Pro with 6gb ram and 128 gb storage. It has wireless android auto and apple car play. The stock camera works but the image is less clear than as seen on the stock HU - it is ok to me. The steering mounted controls work except the voice command button - which again is not a deal breaker. Mic is external and I got it fitted near the IRVM, looks ok. The fit is flush with the dash and in my opinion the 10” HU looks much better than the stock. This version i.e. DSP Pro has a good equilizer with many preset modes and I find that the sound from Apple car play or Bluetooth is better than the stock HU - have kept the stock speakers so far. The only issue is the sound quality of FM, I don’t listen to FM often so it is ok to me.

The cost of this is a bit high but I feel the product is also better amongst the sea of Chinese Android HUs in the market.

Hope this helps.
Shreyas Aterkar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 22:56   #911
BANNED

Quote:
They are just stickers on the screen. Just wipe with a micro fiber cloth applying some amount of pressure. Basically most android head units are just 'baleno and glanza', the same thing with some random company names. I have done the same on Hamaan and dhc android head units.

Quote:
You can order the hazard light switch from boodmo, which suits the higher models of Honda City. It comes black in colour, in my opinion better suited than the red one. I have done the same in mine.
Quote:
I don't think we have any solution for this. I have not come across any android head unit having buttons on the right side. Basically if you remove the company name sticker from each of them, you will get to understand they are all the same in appearance running Android with different loaders.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 11:33   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I got the Hypersonic DSP Pro with 6gb ram and 128 gb storage.
Thank you for the information. Very useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
They are just stickers on the screen.
Is it? At least one of the problem is solved.
Quote:
You can order the hazard light switch from boodmo, which suits the higher models of Honda City.
Can you please share the link to buy hazard light switch from boodmo. I will place order before I buy any Android HU.

Also, if you can share pictures of your H.City dashboard with HU, that will be great.
Quote:
if you remove the company name sticker from each of them, you will get to understand they are all the same in appearance running Android with different loaders.
And that makes it more difficult to decide what to buy. To pay more for reputed ones or buy any brand after checking specs with CPU-Z and HWInfo.
Old 29th September 2022, 14:12   #913
BANNED

Quote:
Can you please share the link to buy hazard light switch from boodmo. I will place order before I buy any Android HU.
This is the one I was talking about, https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-sw_a...zard-38633382/ . Regarding photos you asked for, my Honda City is at my native now. Will share once I am able to get the photo.
Old 29th September 2022, 14:48   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
This is the one I was talking about, https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-sw_a...zard-38633382/ . Regarding photos you asked for, my Honda City is at my native now. Will share once I am able to get the photo.
Thanks for the link. Placed the order.

I didn't know that this switch comes in back color in newer/higher variants.
Old 29th September 2022, 18:39   #915
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Placed the order.

I didn't know that this switch comes in back color in newer/higher variants.
Sharing the picture of the hazard switch I shared above, taken from team-bhp official review. I find this black switch better suited for the larger screens.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_20220929183722.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks