Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 10:54   #916
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Hello fellow Bhpians, this is my first post on this forum and I would like to thank the Administrator for approving my membership.

I own 2018 make Honda City VMT iVtech and have driven 55000 kms till now. I live in Greater Noida West and my daily drive is from Greater Noida West to ITO (my office) which is about 65km both ways. My this post is to share information to my fellow Honda City iVtech users about how much reserve fuel capacity Honda City has. I am attaching pics from my recent visit from Jammu to Greater Noida West wherein I had to drive my City even after last fuel bar disappear, though my favourite fuel pump was just about 500 meters away at that time (Gaur City fuel pump). As seen from the pic attached, the reserve capacity of Honda City is 5 liters. A lot has been discussed about 4th gen City in this forum and since everything has been covered, I have nothing more to share in this post. Hope this information will be useful. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-1.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-2.jpg  

GoBabyGo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:47   #917

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo View Post
Hello fellow Bhpians, this is my first post on this forum and I would like to thank the Administrator for approving my membership.

I own 2018 make Honda City VMT iVtech and have driven 55000 kms till now. I live in Greater Noida West and my daily drive is from Greater Noida West to ITO (my office) which is about 65km both ways. My this post is to share information to my fellow Honda City iVtech users about how much reserve fuel capacity Honda City has. I am attaching pics from my recent visit from Jammu to Greater Noida West wherein I had to drive my City even after last fuel bar disappear, though my favourite fuel pump was just about 500 meters away at that time (Gaur City fuel pump). As seen from the pic attached, the reserve capacity of Honda City is 5 liters. A lot has been discussed about 4th gen City in this forum and since everything has been covered, I have nothing more to share in this post. Hope this information will be useful. Thanks!!
Welcome! I too am a new entrant in the club but have been an active reader of the forum for last 8 years. Thanks for the information. Picture of your MID shows mileage north to 19 with ivtec! I’m presuming it’s a highway mileage. I previously owned a diesel 2015 city VMT which was a mileage muncher, it had given me close to 20 per litre( 60:40-highway:city drive) for first 5 years which dropped to 16-17 ish before I sold it off. Interestingly, I changed to same 4 th generation city VMT petrol last month. I’m bit curious about the mileage you are able to extract from the machine. Thanks
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:20   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind1k View Post
Welcome! I too am a new entrant in the club but have been an active reader of the forum for last 8 years. Thanks for the information. Picture of your MID shows mileage north to 19 with ivtec! I’m presuming it’s a highway mileage. I previously owned a diesel 2015 city VMT which was a mileage muncher, it had given me close to 20 per litre( 60:40-highway:city drive) for first 5 years which dropped to 16-17 ish before I sold it off. Interestingly, I changed to same 4 th generation city VMT petrol last month. I’m bit curious about the mileage you are able to extract from the machine. Thanks
Hello arvind1k, thanks for your welcome note. Fuel efficiency is large depend on where one drive. In my case majority of my office route has less traffic, therefore consistently getting upward of 17kmpl, sometimes it goes upto 18.5kmpl during winters. With 100% AC on during summer, I regularly get between 16 to 16.5kmpl. However, when I drive in Delhi's bad traffic areas (like Lajpat Nagar), I generally get around 14.5kmpl with AC on 100%. The MID shown in the pic of the previous post was for travel from Jammu to Noida with 100% AC on.
GoBabyGo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 15:21   #919
BHPian

I have 2017 ZX CVT HONDA CITY and got the warranty renewed by "Anytime warranty" for 1 year which is due for expiry on 22 April 2023. Any recommendations from team BHP for getting the "Any time warranty" renewed again for 1 year? Please advise if i need to get the warranty renewed.
Old 9th February 2023, 09:38   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Please advise if i need to get the warranty renewed.
Never got extended warranty for any of my 3 Honda cars. For two of these, I even switched to FNGs within the factory warranty period, to take advantage of higher quality aftermarket oils.

Not having to think about warranties is the whole point of buying a Honda, in my view. If I were to buy a German car then for sure I would go for extended warranty as a shield.
vipul_singh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 22:44   #921
BHPian

I own a 2017 Honda City facelift ZX automatic. Recently I have been having issues with the digipad- the bluetooth tab on the touch screen is not working and some times even after pairing the sound is not getting connected to the car speakers. Please let me know authorised service centre for the digipad service in Chennai where I am currently located.
Old 29th October 2023, 12:48   #922

Hello BHPians;

How many of you listen to music or audio in car so loud that no other sound is heard from outside or inside?

I had this thought since many days, I feel listening to loud music while driving reduced you driving acumen and may cause damage to person or property (yours as well as others) and can endanger life.

Why do I feel so:
- No sound is heard from outside including that of other approaching or departing cars.
- No noise from your own car like weird or abnormal engine, brake and scraping noises.
- Prolonged listening to loud audio causes fatigue and reduces your alertness (Yes LISTENING FATIGUE is a real thing).

While listening to loud music you are cutting of an important sense of hearing which is require to drive properly (sense of smell may have little or less to do with driving but we need sense of hearing). Point in case - when there is little car engine noise the automakers add fake engine noise which is definitely a safety feature.

Fellow BHPians and car enthusiasts kindly share your opinions on the same.

Request to mods - didn't know where to post this so added here. If there is already a relevant thread kindly merge this or guide me to do so. Thank you.
Old 19th April 2024, 08:08   #923
Senior - BHPian

It's final days with my 2017 Honda City CVT VX, it's been a dream run, the final shots of the last long drive of 537 kms done this Monday (15-04-2024) from the iPhone. Honda City is making way for the Kia Carens Luxury Plus 1.5 Turbo Petrol/7 DCT as my family has grown and the car isn't enough. With a modest 41660 kms on the clock.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7502003.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7504003.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7505003.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks