Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 15:45   #211
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)
Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Isnt this car heavily overpriced at 16 odd lacs on road Bangalore?
Viewed in isolation, definitely yes! When viewed with respect to the competition, no. Show me another automatic in this segment at this price point with even remotely comparable features and I will gladly go in for it.
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 15:50   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Just checked with my S.A. He says a 4% hike on ex-showroom price with effect from 01 May and an announcement to this effect is expected shortly. I have told him to kiss my order goodbye if my car is not delivered before the price hike. I'd rather go with a brv cvt / Creta AT at this price point.
Are you sure its May? If it's May, I might still be able to get my VMT. I was about book the SVMT in 30 mins.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:08   #213
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
Are you sure its May? If it's May, I might still be able to get my VMT. I was about book the SVMT in 30 mins.
At this point, I am not sure of anything. I am merely reproducing what my S.A. quoted to me. However, even despite this news, my S.A. has not asked me to pay up in full or for that matter, promised early delivery.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:22   #214
BHPian

The sales head I've been interacting with (after escalating my case with the SA), asked me to wait for 2 days for him to get back on the pricing. They still haven't got the revised pricing and he says vehicles havent been dispatched by Honda for this month. The invoice is generated based on that. I was about to make a full payment for SVMT. I will make the initial booking now and wait for two days. Not sure how this will pan out though. Wondering if the prices will still hold for SVMT (that is already in stock) even if the prices are revised in two days.
Old 10th April 2017, 16:28   #215
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Now that the rupee is strengthening against the dollar and yen, I dont see anyone reducing the prices. Earlier, the companies used to give the weakening rupee as an excuse to increase the prices.

I had gone for a test drive last month. The SA called me up last week and mentioned there is a 20K price increase on VMT ex-showroom. Which translates to 50K increase on-road. I told him I am not interested in that case. Havent heard back from him after that.
Old 10th April 2017, 17:07   #216
BHPian

Quote:
The 2017 Honda City prices are going up in the range of 50k-90k. VMT petrol is going up by 70k. I'm likely to skip my HC purchase going by this update from the sales rep. The SV is what dealers are pushing as most are in stock. But without the alloy wheels, digipad, push start, the SV variant looks pretty bare bones to me.
In Kerala, these days at the time of booking, dealers are informing prospective buyers about a possible price increase in coming days.

Quote:
It may happen before May, sources say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
The SA called me up last week and mentioned there is a 20K price increase on VMT ex-showroom. Which translates to 50K increase on-road. I told him I am not interested in that case. Havent heard back from him after that.
SA is bluffing. Price is same as what it was at the time of Feb launch.

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 10th April 2017 at 17:23.
Old 10th April 2017, 18:29   #217
BHPian

I have heard that the new City bookings have started dropping.

A couple of interested buyers whom I know, had taken a test drive and when the SA was asked about discounts/freebies, he said there are no offers currently and there is going to be a price increase from mid April. Both the buyers said that they would get back after checking the Rapid, Vento, Ciaz.

After a couple of days itself, the SA called up and tried to convince them to book the car.

My reading is that dealers are being pushed to keep the sales at a healthy level by using some way of garnering bookings.
Old 10th April 2017, 19:35   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
SA is bluffing. Price is same as what it was at the time of Feb launch.
SA might not be bluffing but quoting just what Honda has conveyed officially through media press releases

Official Source:
https://www.hondacarindia.com/PressR...e%20prices.pdf

Extract:
Mr. Jnaneswar Sen, Sr Vice President, Marketing and Sales, Honda Cars India Ltd. said, "Due to the increase in freight charges and input costs, we are forced to consider increasing the car prices for most of our models. The increased price will be effective from first week of April 2017."
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:37   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
SA might not be bluffing but quoting just what Honda has conveyed officially through media press releases
Couple of days back went to dealer for a test drive. Attaching a copy of the Price List shared with us.

Here is the link to price list at the time of launch. Link

Ex-showroom price untouched.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-new-city.jpg  

Last edited by Scorpion 10 : 10th April 2017 at 23:43.
Old 11th April 2017, 01:16   #220
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys
Can we reterofix the auto dimming frameless mirror to the VMT version?
Old 11th April 2017, 06:35   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion 10 View Post
Couple of days back went to dealer for a test drive. Attaching a copy of the Price List shared with us.

Here is the link to price list at the time of launch. Link

Ex-showroom price untouched.
Yes, the dealers are yet to get the revised pricing. From what I heard, they should get it by the 15th (could be earlier) of this month. Some dealers are saying that if I make payment before this, they can retain the old price. Per my understandung, this is for cars that have been booked earlier and either in transit or being despatched from Honda facility prior to hike announcement.
Old 11th April 2017, 11:14   #222
Senior - BHPian

Completed 2k kms in my 2017 VMT Petrol in a day less than a month. Went on a Bangalore - Ooty trip last weekend (700 odd kms). The engine is opening up beautifully and sounding much better after the trip. I guess an oil change would make it sound even better which I plan to do during the 2nd Service at 3k kms. Enjoyed the ivtec to the fullest. The 36 bend route was managed with ease. While coming down the car gave an FE of 29 kmpl with nearly zero throttle all the way down , however all that was lost in the forests, thanks to the umpteen speed breakers and elevations. The average FE of the car since it was bought is 13.5 kmpl with 50% city and 50% highway driving.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 11th April 2017 at 11:18.
Altocumulus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 07:38   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Has the dealer shared the VIN number for you ? If yes, decode it & if it's a March 2017 make, the old price should apply and you should pay the same at time of delivery.

If it's an April 2017 make, you will get it at current price if
1. It's delivered before price hike
2. If the full payment is done with registration being done by dealer.
3. Invoice price is same as last month's stocks.

Check these & if they match you, you should be good to go.
Thanks, CarguyNish. I think Honda dealership is also going by the same approach you've given.

I had called Honda Customer Care to ask about revised pricing and my concern about not receiving the Honda City from the dealer even after booking in March second week. A day later, the Honda dealership calls to find out details of my request (I had booked a car on 13th and was supposed to receive the car by April 2 but was allotted to another person who paid in full).

After Honda intervention, the dealership confirmed that they will give me a car that got dispatched yesterday from HCIL. The revised prices are yet to be released and we have various reports on the effective date so the dealership suggested I pay the amount in full to avoid the revised pricing (there has been an increase of insurance cost by 1-2k from April1).

By paying in full, I may be able to retain the older price but would I still be able to confirm delivery of the vehicle based on PDI inspection? I have been insisting on full payment after PDI inspection. The dealership said I can refuse delivery if I don't want to take the car (after PDI) but just wanted to know if this is the best approach.

I will also be handing over my old car at the same time of paying the full amount.
Content Reactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 09:49   #224
BHPian

Quote:

By paying in full, I may be able to retain the older price but would I still be able to confirm delivery of the vehicle based on PDI inspection? I have been insisting on full payment after PDI inspection. The dealership said I can refuse delivery if I don't want to take the car (after PDI) but just wanted to know if this is the best approach.

I will also be handing over my old car at the same time of paying the full amount.

This is not the ideal approach. Once you pay the full amount and hand over your car, it will be invoiced in your name and they will then force you to take it.

If there are any issues in the PDI, they will fix it in the same car but not allot you a different car since it would already have been invoiced to you.

So hold some part of the payment back and tell them you will only release it after PDI. Till some payment is pending, they cannot invoice the car to you.
Old 12th April 2017, 11:07   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil994 View Post
This is not the ideal approach. Once you pay the full amount and hand over your car, it will be invoiced in your name and they will then force you to take it.

If there are any issues in the PDI, they will fix it in the same car but not allot you a different car since it would already have been invoiced to you.

So hold some part of the payment back and tell them you will only release it after PDI. Till some payment is pending, they cannot invoice the car to you.
Thank you, Akhil. This is the concern I have. the car is expected to reach the yard on April 23-24. I'm wondering if I should give a post-dated check for April 24 for now. I can also reply to their email that I will confirm delivery only after PDI inspection after it reaches the yard. And as you said, I will make the full payment only after inspection. So I can hold off say Rs 20k and make that payment on the day of inspection. Hope this is sufficient.

One more query: If I wait till April 24 and the revised pricing comes into effect, they may say they cannot give it at the old price. Wondering what can be done in that case.

Last edited by Content Reactor : 12th April 2017 at 11:27. Reason: Added addtional query

Most Viewed