Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 14:11   #256
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

My SA had told me that the hike is expected by 17 Apr, but nothing happened. I called him up and asked about it and he told it can happen "anytime". I feel that it could be a ploy to push some of the cars in stock. I was offered delivery of VX MT Golden Brown or V CVT Modern Steel within a week. (In fact, 3 days if I don't need a loan and ready with cash). Of course, at the existing price. Still I opted for V as the OTR difference in Bangalore is more than 2.5 lakhs between V and VX MT.

Now I think of making a call and asking for faster delivery than the 2 months promised. I would say there are other dealers who are ready to deliver in 1 month and see the reaction.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 19:39   #257
BHPian

Has any one purchased the original bucket mats for the interior in the city ? any feedback of the same? what is the cost ? and lastly does the rear come as one piece?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf City_Accessories_Brochure.pdf (1.04 MB, 1451 views)
Old 24th April 2017, 21:08   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToothyPetrohead View Post
Has any one purchased the original bucket mats for the interior in the city ? any feedback of the same? what is the cost ? and lastly does the rear come as one piece?
It costs a bomb - around 2.8k or so. For now I went with an online-ordered one from paytm. For 800 bucks, it is pretty decent IMHO, similar to this one: https://paytm.com/shop/p/asquire-3d-...T368773F4F4074

Yes - the rear does come in one piece for the above - despite what is shown in the picture (though the rear fit is a little odd).

Last edited by quadmaniac : 24th April 2017 at 21:10.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 12:47   #259
BHPian

Quote:
I did purchase it. The beige ones.Cost was 3200, if I remember correctly. It comes in 4 pieces. The driver's side is fixed with the screw type fixture. Others are secured by a velcro. The back centre hump is exposed and you need a jugaad to cover the mat there. I have stuffed plastic that I removed from the seats and covered the hump.
IMO, the front passenger side mat coverage is inadequate and my left foot top side rests on the carpet and not the mat completely.
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 13:13   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nothing to complain, easier to clean and since these are rigid water may not spill on to the carpets. The driver side is anchored with hooks to prevent movement. Looks good. I have beige.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 16:25   #261
BHPian

Thanks a lot Durango Dude,quadmaniac and riteshritesh .

I will be looking at the Coozo and Autofurnish brands. My concern is for the rainy season when water tends to accumulate on the floor and seeps on the carpet.

On another note I have looked at this Site: Carplus

http://www.carplus.in/honda/city-201...a-city-14-7285

They have the boot Mat (KMH cargo boot tray mat) .I purchased it and am very happy with it.( worth the expense). It came in a good package,but,took approximately 10 days arrive by courier.

It covers the entire boot space very well and the fit is good too .

It has raised borders so any spill can be contained.I have place it on top of my existing mat.

Those interested can have a look.I had pre ordered it .The cost was Rs.2443/- but since I am a registered member got the product for Rs.2269/- (Shipping was free)

I also have checked out the floor mats sold by them, though have not yet purchased.
Old 25th April 2017, 16:54   #262
BHPian

I have one dumb question for fellow City owners. In my previous car (Chevy beat) i could just turn off the key one notch to keep the AC fan and the music system on whenever I have to halt at signals. How do I do that with the keyless City? I tried pressing clutch and turning off the engine button but everything turned off.. neither did pressing brake help.

How do I just keep the fan and music system on? ☺
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 16:59   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Just Press the Start Stop Button Twice, without pressing the Clutch Pedal. This should bring the car into Accessory Mode (Audio/AC/Power Windows). It should work without much issue. BTW, this is how cars with Keyless Ignition work.

Last edited by CarguyNish : 25th April 2017 at 17:01.
CarguyNish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 19:40   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Dear ToothyPetrohead,

IMO, it doesn't make much sense to buy expensive Honda genuine accessory bucket mats. Instead, you make look for an aftermarket 3D mat set from your preferred car accessories shop. I am using 3D washable mats of "Coozo" brand in both my Honda City as well as Honda Jazz. A set of 5 pieces (includes the one for rear floor hump) should cost you around INR 1300. Honestly, I am very satisfied with its fit, finish and durability. It is available both in black as well as beige color options. For picture reference of how these mats look, you may check out my post on Honda Jazz:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4179059 (Honda Jazz : Official Review)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Simmi

Quote:
I have one dumb question for fellow City owners. In my previous car (Chevy beat) i could just turn off the key one notch to keep the AC fan and the music system on whenever I have to halt at signals. How do I do that with the keyless City? I tried pressing clutch and turning off the engine button but everything turned off.. neither did pressing brake help.

Dear quadmaniac,

While you have turned off the car, all you have to do is without engaging the clutch, simply press the "start/stop" button twice. This will turn on the battery to let all the electrical gadgets to function.

On the other note, thanks for turning off the engine at signals and helping conserve the precious fossil fuel.

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th April 2017 at 07:45. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote option (QUOTE+) while quoting and responding to multiple posts together. Thanks!
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 07:21   #265
BHPian

Thanks @nohoking, @carguynish - but what you've suggested is not exactly the same. In my Beat, if I turn the key one notch off, then the music system and AC fan continue to work. The key word is 'continue' - that is - there is no interruption in the music and the ICE does not restart.

In my City, when I do what you say, the entire ICE switches off and then switches back on, which takes time and is not what I was looking for :-)

If this is not possible in modern cars, it's really surprising!

BTW yeah - I do try to turn off the engine at signals. I'd read somewhere on tbhp that if you are going to be stationary for > 10 seconds, then that helps in FE too (helps if it's not extremely hot).
Old 26th April 2017, 07:42   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW yeah - I do try to turn off the engine at signals. I'd read somewhere on tbhp that if you are going to be stationary for > 10 seconds, then that helps in FE too (helps if it's not extremely hot).
I think I've read some where that the engine start stop system is a joke! It's done to get better fuel efficiency for the "record", besides that it does nothing and also puts enormous pressure on the starter motor and adds to wear and tear, so it may not be a good idea to turn off the engine at signals, I don't do it.
Old 26th April 2017, 10:11   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @nohoking, @carguynish - but what you've suggested is not exactly the same. In my Beat, if I turn the key one notch off, then the music system and AC fan continue to work. The key word is 'continue' - that is - there is no interruption in the music and the ICE does not restart.

In my City, when I do what you say, the entire ICE switches off and then switches back on, which takes time and is not what I was looking for :-)

If this is not possible in modern cars, it's really surprising!
Dear quadmaniac,

Conventional wave key type and push button start/stop work differently. Whereas in a car with conventional key system, while the engine is running and you turn the key one notch counter-clockwise, it lets remain the ICE playing uninterrupted, on the other hand, in a car with push button start/stop, while the engine is running and you press the button, it turns off everything as though you are going to park the vehicle. This is how push button start/stop works. No option, if you have it, you need to live with it. Thanks.
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:13   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I think I've read some where that the engine start stop system is a joke! I don't do it.
Yes, I don't do it too. Is this what you had seen?
riteshritesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 17:01   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Yes, I don't do it too. Is this what you had seen?
https://Youtu.be/k159M8QhCIE
Yes it is! Thank you for jogging my memory!
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 22:43   #270
BHPian

Owners of the facelifted City, have the quality related complaints with the old City (inconsistent panel gaps, plastic quality etc) been addressed? Some pics would be helpful too. A relative is keen on picking up a petrol V M/T.

Just happened to observe two Citys side by side, a '14 model and a '16 model. The '14 car had huge panel gaps especially around the bonnet and boot, while the '16 model was better.

Last edited by Aaron:) : 27th April 2017 at 22:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks