Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2017, 09:29   #301
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I had just finished reading your thread (on migrating from the safari to the city) a few days back and hence the above comes as a big surprise. Anything that happened in particular?
So far, so good with the car.
I think, I mentioned in my ownership thread - Me buying City CVT is not by the "process of selection" but the "process of elimination". There is no other car available in this price range that has a balance b/w power & comfort. I had a hard requirement of "Auto" transmission. If not, I would have definitely bought Linea TJET. Vento was a strong contender but only from "Driver" perspective.
As a matter of fact, I went inside the showroom for Jazz and ended up in City because of my family pressure Of course, more space and power is good. But, to them, Sun-roof is the winner! I just hate telling this myself :(

With the current City's pricing, I would probably upgrade to the next segment, possibly, Altis or Elantra Petrol AT.

One convincing factor in my 1+ year of ownership with City - My next car would be a better Sedan. I think, I have come out of Cross-Over/SUV liking/Maya!

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 12:00   #302
BHPian

So, the eagerly awaited price rise has come ! Hits me hard who booked a V MT in Bangalore on 15 Apr with waiting period of 2 months. The new OTR in Bangalore would be around 12.79 as per the SA, who gave me a call to "officially" inform the price hike. An increase of nearly 60K in OTR, the major component being the 30K increase in road tax. SA is asking whether I would like to upgrade to VX as the OTR price gap is narrowed down now !

I am in a dilemma. The ridiculously high road tax in Bangalore makes the V MT not much of a value buy now. It was, when the ex-showroom price remained at 10,99,990.

Launch of Duster Petrol CVT at 10.32 lakhs ex-showroom price is another factor. I will wait for some initial report on TBHP on this new launch and a test drive (God knows when the Renault dealers will have a test drive car for this new launch !).
Old 4th May 2017, 18:03   #303
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
So, the eagerly awaited price rise has come !

The new OTR in Bangalore would be around 12.79 as per the SA, who gave me a call to "officially" inform the price hike. An increase of nearly 60K in OTR, the major component being the 30K increase in road tax.

I am in a dilemma. The ridiculously high road tax in Bangalore makes the V MT not much of a value buy now. It was, when the ex-showroom price remained at 10,99,990.
Could you kindly share what's the price hike for a zx cvt (ex showroom). My SA says no intimation yet to his dealership.
Old 4th May 2017, 18:07   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Could you kindly share what's the price hike for a zx cvt (ex showroom). My SA says no intimation yet to his dealership.
I didn't ask my SA about CVT prices as I had dropped the idea of going for an automatic. Carwale site shows the price of ZX CVT as 13,87,798 in Bangalore with an OTR price of 17,01,976. Hope that is reliable information.
Revy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 13:04   #305
BHPian

Hello Everybody! One more newbie joined Team BHP. The reason is this particular thread
I have a couple of questions

Booked a City 2017 VMT (Alabaster Silver) for my dad on third week of March 2017. The shocker is I haven't got the vehicle yet. The dealer is giving some lame excuses. It was scheduled to be on 15th of April. Later they pushed it to May first week and as per yesterday's discussion the vehicle will be delivered on first week of June. The main reason is the model and color (VMT and Alabaster Silver). Did anyone face this issue?

I was really worried when I learned about the price hike happened through this forum. When I checked this with the dealer, the manger confirmed that for those who booked early, there wont be any price hike (he confirmed the same by showing an email from Honda India). So will be getting it at 9,99,990 . Can anybody confirm the same?
alenp07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 16:16   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenp07 View Post
Hello Everybody! One more newbie joined Team BHP. The reason is this particular thread

Booked a City 2017 VMT (Alabaster Silver) for my dad on third week of March 2017. The shocker is I haven't got the vehicle yet. The dealer is giving some lame excuses. It was scheduled to be on 15th of April. Later they pushed it to May first week and as per yesterday's discussion the vehicle will be delivered on first week of June. The main reason is the model and color (VMT and Alabaster Silver). Did anyone face this issue?

I was really worried when I learned about the price hike happened through this forum. When I checked this with the dealer, the manger confirmed that for those who booked early, there wont be any price hike (he confirmed the same by showing an email from Honda India). So will be getting it at 9,99,990 . Can anybody confirm the same?
That should be good news for Revy as well. Which dealer is this ?

I had also initially booked a Silver (wife and FnF choice) but them shifted to white (my choice). Was not told anything that it would be a delay because of the colour. However, mine was booked initially and got the car in 10 days.
Old 8th May 2017, 16:57   #307
BHPian

Quote:

If they honor that commitment, it is great ! May be because they took the booking in March third week and you were supposed to get it before price hike. In my case, booking was made on 15 Apr and at that time itself, they put a delivery date of 2 months and told that price rise can happen any time. So I don't know whether I will be lucky to get at old price, I will check with my SA. Which is your dealer ?
Old 8th May 2017, 21:40   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
That should be good news for Revy as well. Which dealer is this ?

I had also initially booked a Silver (wife and FnF choice) but them shifted to white (my choice). Was not told anything that it would be a delay because of the colour. However, mine was booked initially and got the car in 10 days.
This is at my hometown Kottayam/Kerala. The dealer's name is Peninsular Honda.

Quote:
If they honor that commitment, it is great ! May be because they took the booking in March third week and you were supposed to get it before price hike. In my case, booking was made on 15 Apr and at that time itself, they put a delivery date of 2 months and told that price rise can happen any time. So I don't know whether I will be lucky to get at old price, I will check with my SA. Which is your dealer ?
If I am not wrong the price hike is effective from 1st May 2017. Did your SA mention about the hike while booking?
Old 9th May 2017, 13:17   #309
BHPian

Quote:
This is at my hometown Kottayam/Kerala. The dealer's name is Peninsular Honda.

If I am not wrong the price hike is effective from 1st May 2017. Did your SA mention about the hike while booking?
My SA mentioned about an expected price hike, saying they are waiting for it since beginning of April. In some other thread, I read that the booking date may not help. Once a car is invoiced in buyer's name, then the price is locked. Otherwise, whatever prevalent price announced by manufacturer has to be paid. Of course, there can be leniency on this, like in your case. But try to get it in writing from your dealer, whatever they say verbally may not be that reliable !
Old 11th May 2017, 10:53   #310
BHPian

Quote:
My SA mentioned about an expected price hike, saying they are waiting for it since beginning of April. In some other thread, I read that the booking date may not help. Once a car is invoiced in buyer's name, then the price is locked. Otherwise, whatever prevalent price announced by manufacturer has to be paid. Of course, there can be leniency on this, like in your case. But try to get it in writing from your dealer, whatever they say verbally may not be that reliable !
Yes you are right. I am eagerly waiting for the delivery. The latest update is that the vehicle will reach the dealer by 20th of this month. I will keep you updated
Old 14th May 2017, 19:05   #311
BHPian

Hi all,
Thanks for the valuable inputs..
I have booked a VMT petrol in April and luckily I was offered the old price.
Today I inspected the car, it is Feb 2017 manufactured.
Could get this by decoding the engine number. Is this OK..isn't Feb a bit old ? Kindly advise.
Also, I just looked at the alloys, are the 15inch alloy design on VMT different from 16inch alloy on VX?
Is it a good idea to.upgrade to 16inch alloy?
Old 14th May 2017, 19:44   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, the eagerly awaited price rise has come ! Hits me hard who booked a V MT in Bangalore on 15 Apr with waiting period of 2 months. The new OTR in Bangalore would be around 12.79 as per the SA, who gave me a call to "officially" inform the price hike. An increase of nearly 60K in OTR, the major component being the 30K increase in road tax. SA is asking whether I would like to upgrade to VX as the OTR price gap is narrowed down now !

Launch of Duster Petrol CVT at 10.32 lakhs ex-showroom price is another factor. I will wait for some initial report on TBHP on this new launch and a test drive (God knows when the Renault dealers will have a test drive car for this new launch !).
Stick to the Honda City. After reading about the NCAP ratings and crash test results of the Duster, I would not recommend the Duster : Renault Duster NCAP
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2017, 21:50   #313
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr1304 View Post
Today I inspected the car, it is Feb 2017 manufactured.
Could get this by decoding the engine number. Is this OK..isn't Feb a bit old ? Kindly advise.
Also, I just looked at the alloys, are the 15inch alloy design on VMT different from 16inch alloy on VX?
Is it a good idea to.upgrade to 16inch alloy?
You decoded the engine number or VIN ?

If the decoded VIN shows February 2017 manufactured, then this car is most probably someone else's cancelled booking. I took delivery of my VX MT in March and it was dispatched from the factory in the last week of February. You mentioned booking in the month of April, that is the same time when Bhpian Revy had booked his V variant and has been given a waiting period of 2 months and he will buy it at new prices, IIRC. Check the car inside-out before accepting, I remember Revy saying that there were no V variants of the City in stock throughout Bangalore.

Regarding the upsize to 16 inchers, it is a very personal choice. There are no said advantages of having them except for the looks. You will have to buy aftermarket rims and tyres unless your dealer is willing to get it for you, Honda is not selling them as official accessories.

Last edited by OSH : 14th May 2017 at 21:52.
Old 14th May 2017, 22:46   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
You decoded the engine number or VIN ?
Check the car inside-out before accepting.
I checked the VIN..sorry for wrong info.

I checked the car today it looks ok..couldn't find anything obvious.. Any tips here??

In April the dealer told me that it was the last car in his inventory and I was just lucky to get it...
Now ..I am worried after ur response.. That it might be a cancelled booking...
Old 14th May 2017, 23:14   #315
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbr1304 View Post
I checked the car today it looks ok, couldn't find anything obvious. Any tips here ?

In April the dealer told me that it was the last car in his inventory and I was just lucky to get it. Now, I am worried after ur response that it might be a cancelled booking.
You will never know the reason, the booking got cancelled, it could have been rejected by the buyer for some fault he found out or maybe he shifted his preference etc. Another angle can be that this car was a display vehicle (NOT A DEMO VEHICLE), kept in the showroom.

Tips would be, check if the seats have the plastic on them, check the carpet mat it will have a plastic film stuck throughout the floor-pans, your Odometer should be around 20 kms (before it goes for registration), look out for suspicious dirt marks or fingerprints in the interiors, there should not be any creases on your seats indicating someone has sat inside multiple times etc.

See I could be completely wrong here and your dealer must be genuinely having this car as his last peice, but because of your February date all these thaughts came up. Talk with your SA very firmly about this, ask him multiple questions about why it was lying around when demand is there in the market. After all this there is little you can do, better forget all this and enjoy the new car purchase. But I again repeat, check your car very well before it goes into registration.

Last edited by OSH : 14th May 2017 at 23:15.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed