Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2017, 11:37   #331
OSH
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

BHPian Altocumulus has just reported that there is a software update for the Digipad infotainment system, it will be done by the authorised service centers.

Last edited by OSH : 27th May 2017 at 11:39.
Old 29th May 2017, 17:23   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
BHPian Altocumulus has just reported that there is a software update for the Digipad infotainment system, it will be done by the authorised service centers.
This update is supposed to fix the bluetooth voice and audio drop issue that has been reported by many users. I got mine updated at the first free service on 6th May. This issue is fixed, but now whenever I disengage the reverse gear to put it in first, the music player/radio goes into mute. More updates needed, I guess.
Old 29th May 2017, 17:47   #333
BHPian

Has any VX or ZX owner upgraded the rubber from stock 185/55/16 to 205/50/16, which is the max recommended size for a 6J alloy.
I wanted to know if it is safe to go for the max recommendation and if this upgrade would fit correctly within the wheel well without touching.
Old 29th May 2017, 19:03   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
This update is supposed to fix the bluetooth voice and audio drop issue that has been reported by many users. I got mine updated at the first free service on 6th May. This issue is fixed, but now whenever I disengage the reverse gear to put it in first, the music player/radio goes into mute. More updates needed, I guess.
Are your phone calls working fine ? I seem to have a problem where the person on the other side is unable to hear me when I am connected via bluetooth after the update.
Old 29th May 2017, 19:40   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Are your phone calls working fine ? I seem to have a problem where the person on the other side is unable to hear me when I am connected via bluetooth after the update.
It comes and goes. I'd say it works like 8 times out of 10, but my cheapo Redmi phone might be responsible for the 2 drops
Old 30th May 2017, 08:34   #336
BHPian

Honda working on new premium city, jazz, amaze. Plan to launch by 2020.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...y-2291347.html
Old 30th May 2017, 09:17   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuj View Post
It comes and goes. I'd say it works like 8 times out of 10, but my cheapo Redmi phone might be responsible for the 2 drops
I need to make a few more calls and check I guess. By the way the other issue you mentioned about volume going into mute, I do not seem to have that issue. Maybe you can try to reset to factory settings and see if that works.
Old 6th June 2017, 23:01   #338
BHPian

What is the headlight bulb specification for the V MT model? Was wondering if any LED setup could be done on this like the higher models.
Old 7th June 2017, 07:57   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
What is the headlight bulb specification for the V MT model? Was wondering if any LED setup could be done on this like the higher models.
High Beam: 60W (HB3) Low beam: 55W (H11).

The LED set up is completely different in the higher models. The Bulbs are at the ceiling of the reflector and uses the reflectors to throw the light out. You would need to change the entire assembly which I understand is very expensive, someone mentioned 75k in an earlier post.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 09:25   #340
BHPian

Quote:

The LED set up is completely different in the higher models. The Bulbs are at the ceiling of the reflector and uses the reflectors to throw the light out. You would need to change the entire assembly which I understand is very expensive, someone mentioned 75k in an earlier post.

7.5k sounds apt. 75k can replace the entire front end of the City.
Old 8th June 2017, 13:57   #341
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Bro.

Do you have any idea on any compatible LED bulbs or 4300K equivalent halogen replacements for the VMT model so that I can improve the visibility and at the same time don't play with the warranty?
Old 8th June 2017, 17:08   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro.

Do you have any idea on any compatible LED bulbs or 4300K equivalent halogen replacements for the VMT model so that I can improve the visibility and at the same time don't play with the warranty?
I am using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited for both High and Low. Wanted NB Lasers however it was not available for these specifications. Visibility has definitely improved however I do feel visibility affected a little bit after rains on a wet road maybe due to higher kelvin.

LEDs should not be used on stock reflectors I presume, since the light would scatter and also may blind the opposite lane.
Old 8th June 2017, 17:38   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Visibility has definitely improved however I do feel visibility affected a little bit after rains on a wet road maybe due to higher kelvin.
Affected as in gone worse or improved?
Old 8th June 2017, 17:59   #344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Affected as in gone worse or improved?
A bit worse. I mean on a lit road you can barely understand that the headlight is on after rains, however in a dark road it is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
7.5k sounds apt. 75k can replace the entire front end of the City.
The difference between the V and Vx variant is around INR 2L ex showroom. I wouldn't be surprised that 75k is the price for it when bought over the counter at Honda. However I think it includes the front and rear lights.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 8th June 2017 at 18:12.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 18:09   #345
BHPian

Booked a City VMT (P) Modern Steel Metallic today. Will try swapping the bulbs. Not sure if the service centre guys will do it or I've to get it done outside.

Need suggestions from existing owners on the recommended accessories and seat covers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks