Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2017, 23:35   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuvidC View Post
Thanks for the perspective guys.

He has decided to live with the stock 15 inchers for now and upgrade to bigger shoes when the original ones wear out.

Also, since the RM at Samara Lajpat Nagar sounded rude, they've lost his business and he is on a lookout for better Honda Dealerships in Delhi. Any inputs on the same?

I bought my jazz from delight Honda mathura road had a pleasant experience with them. Got my car delivered in 2 hours flat from the time of first stepping inside the showroom that too within 2 weeks of its launch. They had the colour and variant I wanted in stock and got the car ready very fast. Pretty professional in their dealing and taking the delivery was a nice experience too. If you don't like samara you can try that. It's right next to Hyundai motor plane where the old Nath Nissan showroom was.

Got the first service also done from them though did take quite a lot of time almost 3 hours for just a wash even though I was waiting at the dealership and nagging them now and then.
Old 16th July 2017, 12:10   #392
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Folks, good news to share. After a long wait of 3 months, I took delivery of my Honda City V MT Petrol yesterday ! Color Modern Steel. Hope to find time to start writing an ownership thread soon.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-honda-city-delivery.jpg  

Revy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th July 2017, 00:51   #393
BHPian

That new infotainment system looks good but whenever or where ever i see that unit, its always covered with dust and fingerprints. Them LED headlight unit looks so upmarket. Wish there was a way to retrofit the housing with the LEDS and electricals of it on my Accord.
Just came across this review for the new Honda City. Its a bit late to post it up here but if it may help someone take a decision.
Old 27th July 2017, 20:13   #394
BHPian

I picked up the new city V, petrol MT. Happy 2 months of ownership! Absolutely dislike the touch panel HVAC controls, some buttons would be very welcome!

Has anyone taken a body cover from Amazon etc? I live in Agra, dusty and really hot. Need a reasonably priced cover, suggestions would be helpful!
Old 27th July 2017, 20:54   #395
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
Need a reasonably priced cover, suggestions would be helpful!
I don't have a first hand experience with covers bought online but my colleague had picked up one from amazon for around 900 bucks and was not happy with it. The cover he ordered did not have the provision for the roof antenna, after a few days it started to tear from that area. I even remember him saying that the cover had not got any anchor points, so he used to tie it down with nylon ropes. To get to the point, he threw away that cover within 1 month and bought the official accessory from the showroom.

So, if you want a very high quality one, you will have to shell out quite a bit, there is some company called Tyrex or something, that custom makes covers with multiple layers and stuff, there is a thread on TeamBhp just search. However if you want something economical and fairly good in quality, the one that Honda offers is your best bet, it was for 1300 IIRC when I bought my car.

Just to let you know, a cover can do more harm than good if not used properly, you will have to be very carefull while fitting/removing the cover or else your paint is going to take a beating. You also have to dust the car before the cover goes on, lift the cover rather than pull it while removing and many such things.

Last edited by OSH : 27th July 2017 at 20:59.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 09:53   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemedico View Post
I picked up the new city V, petrol MT. Happy 2 months of ownership! Absolutely dislike the touch panel HVAC controls, some buttons would be very welcome!

Has anyone taken a body cover from Amazon etc? I live in Agra, dusty and really hot. Need a reasonably priced cover, suggestions would be helpful!
I just ordered one yesterday from amazon. Let's see how it turns out to be. For me it will be used in my basement parking itself, however since it's a new building a little bit of construction is still going on. So loads of dust.
Old 1st August 2017, 21:41   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Folks, good news to share. After a long wait of 3 months, I took delivery of my Honda City V MT Petrol yesterday ! Color Modern Steel. Hope to find time to start writing an ownership thread soon.
Congrats on the new buy! I believe we have lot of reviews for Honda City. Anyway you can bring in some learning/improvement on this car into forum.

BTW which showroom is this? I am unable to recognize.

I see Rolls-Royce T-Shirt. I too work for same company.
Would love to see your car in office, If we are able to meet.
Old 5th August 2017, 16:29   #398
BHPian

Well well well. I've been waiting to post these lines here for a long time now. And here it goes.

Booked my City VMT i-VTEC Modern Steel Metallic in Chennai today. Expected delivery by September 1st or 2nd week!!

Feeling excited. And now begins the longest days of my life. The waiting time.
connect2prashan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 18:19   #399
Senior - BHPian

Bessy Beach and my Honda City CVT with moody skies, iPhone 7 plus.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-4833_snapseed_snapseed.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-4832001_snapseed.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2017, 23:04   #400
Senior - BHPian

Need a small favor ! Can anyone with the 2017 face lift iDtec please PM me their car's Chassis number. Actually I need to order the bonnet inner lining for my car. The new petrol are not as silent as the previous ones so was hoping this would help.
The Honda showroom is willing to order and fix one for me but they need a iDtec's chassis number to get one for me.
Old 6th August 2017, 23:11   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Need a small favor ! Can anyone with the 2017 face lift iDtec please PM me their car's Chassis number. Actually I need to order the bonnet inner lining for my car. The new petrol are not as silent as the previous ones so was hoping this would help.
The Honda showroom is willing to order and fix one for me but they need a iDtec's chassis number to get one for me.
Wish I could help bro. Just wondering if they can use any of the chassis numbers from one of the units they've already sold or have in stock. Is it like they need a consensus /approval from the diesel owner whose chassis number is to be used?

Old 6th August 2017, 23:12   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Is it that noisy or do you have your antennae up while driving? I haven't faced any refinement issues, so far.
Old 6th August 2017, 23:32   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Wish I could help bro. Just wondering if they can use any of the chassis numbers from one of the units they've already sold or have in stock. Is it like they need a consensus /approval from the diesel owner whose chassis number is to be used?

No problemo ! They did not have a iDtec for the new 2017 in the workshop. We both went for a walk looking for one. Even to check a different spare for my car they took the chassis number to get the price. They donot need an approval but for the part to show up on their screens they need to input the chassis number. Also personally, I would prefer to let the owner know as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Is it that noisy or do you have your antennae up while driving? I haven't faced any refinement issues, so far.
Antennae up as in ?
For someone new to Honda City, it won't be an issue I guess. At idle it is super silent. But I had a 2010 City before this which I used to drive extensively, so I can understand the difference when the revs climb, specially 2-3.5k RPM. And to top it, I am very finicky about the slightest noise in my car.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 6th August 2017 at 23:34.
Old 6th August 2017, 23:54   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Bessy Beach and my Honda City CVT with moody skies, iPhone 7 plus.

Beautifully captured. With a tonal filter I guess. Awesome. Looking forward to play with my modern steel metallic at bessy beach (Eliot's beach) soon.
connect2prashan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 10:30   #405
BHPian

Hey guys, there is a trivial scenario. Need some comments/opinios. I have booked my City VMT on 5th August. payment of 4.59 done. I will be taking a 6.5 finance and the rest will be paid by card.
Now, my allotment is being shipped from the plant on 28th august and would reach chennai by 5th September. Tentative delivery by 7th September. My concern was regarding the price increase. :(
The sales person assures that price increase will be in September only and that there will not be any impact for me. They also say that the vehicle will be invoiced early (direction given to the sales person by manager) so that customers are not impacted.
My worry is that they should not be coming up and saying at the time of delivery whatever the price that should be paid. Because this price hike will put VMT (P) over 10 lakh bracket.

Advice

Most Viewed