Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2017, 13:45   #436
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Point 1.

Point 2. He asked for niggles in the city as well, which more often than not are a result of poor workmanship, which in turn are covered under the warranty
Thanks for your replies @fuelinmyviens and @itsashishsharma.I am sorry if my question was not clear. Actually I meant whether Honda has improved the build quality of the new City.I read a lot of posts about the Pre facelift version that the car suffered from rattles early in its lifecycle. So I wanted to know whether Honda has improved on this point and how it fares in comparison to the new Verna.
Old 8th September 2017, 07:23   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmanjeet14 View Post
Thanks for your replies @fuelinmyviens and @itsashishsharma.I am sorry if my question was not clear. Actually I meant whether Honda has improved the build quality of the new City.I read a lot of posts about the Pre facelift version that the car suffered from rattles early in its lifecycle. So I wanted to know whether Honda has improved on this point and how it fares in comparison to the new Verna.
I wouldn't say entirely niggle free, my car was without 1) headlamps for 2 days and they set it right, there was an 2)irritating rattle from the left 'A' Pillar that was set right during the first service and 3)the HU is slow and buggy sometimes. I keep my phone in my left breast pocket and when connected to HU with Bluetooth, if cross my left arm across then sometimes the Bluetooth get's cut. I've just got the 3rd service done (3275 kms) and it's running a lot smoother now: charges ₹1683 for fuel and oil filter. Of the three niggles the first 2 has been set to rest promptly by Capital Honda, Meenambakkam. But HU I guess I've to live with it. But one thing is it drives beautifully and seating comfort is spot on: a perfect sporty family sedan.

All car's have niggles it depends on how the service centre addresses the issue and sets it right. I've absolutely zero regrets in having bought the City. Honda service has been good to me so far in this 6 months of ownership they are receptive, courteous and well versed in setting things right: that's what counts. I'd recommend the City to anyone: it's pricey but a wholesome package: "features" don't make a car, how it drives is most important. I've found the Verna lacking in seat comfort, it's very low set and lacks thigh support, especially in the back, and the new one is no different. At least, sit in the City and Verna back to back and you'll see what I'm saying.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th September 2017 at 07:27.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 08:15   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
I keep my phone in my left breast pocket and when connected to HU with Bluetooth, if cross my left arm across then sometimes the Bluetooth get's cut.
Many websites including reputed ones warn about health issues of placing phones in the pockets over the long term.

Perhaps you could look at using a holder, to keep the mobile closer to the HU. That could solve the issue of range getting cut while you move the hands as well. There are smaller holders available these days which won't mess with the interior looks as well.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th September 2017 at 08:38.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 09:57   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Many websites including reputed ones warn about health issues of placing phones in the pockets over the long term.

Perhaps you could look at using a holder, to keep the mobile closer to the HU. That could solve the issue of range getting cut while you move the hands as well. There are smaller holders available these days which won't mess with the interior looks as well.
Thank you for your concern. I used to have a hip pouch and as the phones became bigger & the hip pouches went out of fashion and are plainly unavailable for the iPhone 7 plus that I have. I'm aware of the warning but there's no way to carry a 'mobile' phone except on one's own self; radiation hazards notwithstanding one can't live without a mobile device period.
Old 8th September 2017, 10:33   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your concern. I used to have a hip pouch and as the phones became bigger & the hip pouches went out of fashion and are plainly unavailable for the iPhone 7 plus that I have. I'm aware of the warning but there's no way to carry a 'mobile' phone except on one's own self; radiation hazards notwithstanding one can't live without a mobile device period.
Get a magnetic phone holder in your car. That way, you won't get these issues at least while driving. The other clip-on phone holder maybe a tad complicated to release / snap on but the magnetic ones work like a charm.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:01   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you for your concern.

Radiation hazards notwithstanding one can't live without a mobile device period.
Guess you misunderstood my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Get a magnetic phone holder in your car.
Exactly what I mentioned.

A small holder could solve the issues. Here's the one I have. It's so small that anyone barely notices it, but very effective in holding my 5.5 inch phone. Many similar phone holders are available these days.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_3904_800.jpg

Also with a holder placing the phone right next to the HU - you won't face issues of the connectivity dropping when the hand comes in between the two.

More pics in my car thread here.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th September 2017 at 11:07.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 16:58   #442

Does anyone have the full specifications for the new Honda city 2017 please? I need this for parameterization of the Car OBD interface.
Some of the details I am looking for are:
1. Gear ratio for each gear
2. Final Drive ratio
3. Brake Specific Fuel Consumption
4. Most economical Gear Shift RPM

Thank you for having a look. Google didn't return much info . There are some Malaysian forums where they had data for the old Honda city , but the specs did not match the Indian version.
Old 8th September 2017, 21:15   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
A small holder could solve the issues. Here's the one I have. It's so small that anyone barely notices it, but very effective in holding my 5.5 inch phone. Many similar phone holders are available these days. Also with a holder placing the phone right next to the HU - you won't face issues of the connectivity dropping when the hand comes in between the two.
I bought a phone holder and attached it to the dash but it wouldn't stick after the service guys used some sort of glaze polish on the dash. I guess I'll try one like yours. Thank you.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 8th September 2017 at 21:17.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2017, 01:11   #444
BHPian

Durango dude I had bought a good quality mobile phone holder and yes it did not stick to the dash as the honda guys had put a dashboard polish . I solved the problem by taking a little doctor's spirit and cotton and rubbed it on the area I wanted the holder to stick and " Viola" it is stuck and have never had a problem so far it's been 6 months now. Do try
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 19:54   #445

About to get my City car in another week ( V-CVT-Petrol). Need some guidance on Sun films (I'm in Chennai and needless to say how high temperatures soar through out the year): Does the car come with heat reduction in windshields, side/rear glasses ? Should we go for external sun films & how effective these films are .
Was in 3M Care Care center and I was suggested to go with CR 70 for windshield and RE70 for side, rear glasses. Do they really reduce the heat as they claim.

Given the ban on these films continue, I'm wary of taking risk of stripping them in near future ( & these turn out to be costly than I've imagined)
Old 13th September 2017, 20:12   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakaromr View Post
About to get my City car in another week ( V-CVT-Petrol). Need some guidance on Sun films (I'm in Chennai and needless to say how high temperatures soar through out the year): Does the car come with heat reduction in windshields, side/rear glasses ? Should we go for external sun films & how effective these films are .
Was in 3M Care Care center and I was suggested to go with CR 70 for windshield and RE70 for side, rear glasses. Do they really reduce the heat as they claim.

Given the ban on these films continue, I'm wary of taking risk of stripping them in near future ( & these turn out to be costly than I've imagined)
'Films' will always be illegal. Doesn't matter if they conform to the transparency guidelines. It's to much of a risk imo.

If you really want a legal solution, get the glass tinted per guidelines.

Last edited by McLaren Roxx : 13th September 2017 at 20:14.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 11:52   #447
BHPian

Has anyone ever tried to buy fully synthetic engine oil and oil filter over the counter i.e. from Honda service centres? Do they allow it? DIY is what I am looking for. Why pay for labour charge, service charges, GST, etc? By the way, my warranty has expired.
Old 14th September 2017, 13:35   #448
BHPian

Quote:
About to get my City car in another week ( V-CVT-Petrol). Need some guidance on Sun films (I'm in Chennai and needless to say how high temperatures soar through out the year): Does the car come with heat reduction in windshields, side/rear glasses ?
Congratulations. Films are banned and you should not get them installed. Regarding heat reduction, you can choose from the magnetic type sunshades to the stick on types, which are temporarily fitted and can be removed, if anyone objects. There is a thread called 'Alternative to sunfilms' on tbhp, where you can get a lot of ideas for sun ray blocking in your car.
The window glasses aren't UV reflecting types ( like in baleno).
riteshritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 13:51   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Has anyone ever tried to buy fully synthetic engine oil and oil filter over the counter i.e. from Honda service centres? Do they allow it? DIY is what I am looking for. Why pay for labour charge, service charges, GST, etc? By the way, my warranty has expired.
I think currently HASS uses 0W20 fully synthetic and probably you may have to Job card the vehicle so that they can bill it to you and handover the oil with a gate pass. Just walking in without the vehicle may not work, not sure.

@sudhakaromr - you can get nice magnetic sun shades from GP Road (car specific for approx Rs. 900/set) and they are great by looks and also protects. I have it on my XUV5OO and very comfortable.

Swami

Last edited by swami69 : 14th September 2017 at 13:54.
swami69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 21:09   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

As suggested by others, I too use the magnetic sun shades in my City as well the Ritz. Does the job well for me, even in Chennai 40C. I have the zippered one which helps while paying mall parking, etc. Also from the outside it gives a nice subtle black look as in the pic below. Have been using in the Ritz for the last 2.5 years.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-city-sun.jpg
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks