Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2017, 23:14   #451
BHPian

The 3M films do the job for you. They definitely make a big difference in terms of heat reduction. The film is also so close to being fully transparent that it is extremely difficult to figure out (with naked eye) if there is a film or not. It thus also meets the intent of supreme court which wants cars to be transparent enough so that any hideous activity going on inside the car is noticeable from outside.
Old 26th September 2017, 13:44   #452
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Completed the 6th month, 10k kms service (at only 2k kms). Overall hit to the wallet - Rs 1.7k, including Honda synthetic oil change and some other stuff (3rd free service is for the labor only - parts are chargeable).

Overall minor niggles: while adjusting the AC air dam, i happened to scratch the black paint with my mere fingers! It exposed some silver plastic, which they helped paint a bit. Other than that, nothing really - I feel the car has become more silent after this service, but need to judge thoroughly.

BTW after the 2nd service, the BT audio has performed well for me - no permanent disconnects on apps such as Gaana/Saavn. However, I do believe Honda has made a serious miss by not including Android Auto - I mean how hard could it be - basic cars have it these days!
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:55   #453
Senior - BHPian

Completed the 3rd Free Service at 3500 kms. It's running smoother than before and mileage tested today on a tank full of city driving is 10.17 kmpl A/C on 99% (actual mileage not the MID), On the highways I get around 14-15 kmpl. CVT gives the convenience of an automatic coupled with a mileage of a manual. When the fuel gauge goes to one bar there's 5 litres (approx) of fuel in the tank. Service cost was ₹1683.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 17:09   #454
BHPian

Looks like everyone is changing their Oil in the 6 monthly service. I was asked whether I wanted to change or do it at the yearly one, and I chose posterity, considering my car had done some 1100 kms. My 6 monthly service was free.
Old 28th September 2017, 02:29   #455
BHPian

Hello everyone!

I upgraded to Honda city VXMT Petrol from my 2012 Ritz VXI in August. Bought the car from Saphire Honda, Bengaluru. The delivery was bittersweet. There was really good interaction from test drive till delivery. But on the day of delivery, they screwed up my insurance, reluctant to fix it pro-actively they pushed it for almost a month. When I started following up on a daily basis, it turns out they were expecting me to pay 4K to fix the mistake they did. When I threatened them that I'll park the car right in front of their showroom blocking their entrance until it's sorted, finally they resolved it. I have yet to get my Honda pillows which was agreed to be given as complimentary, but I've given up on them now.

I finished my first service with same dealer which was not very impressive. I also own a Royal enfield which automatically puts me among the people who don't trust authorised service centres. After the advisor finished job card work and asked me to come back by evening, I saw my car entering the workshop area. Speaking to the service manager, I casually asked can I just have a look around your service facility and he agreed (this dealership is relatively new). I went straight to my car and asked the mechanic what all is he going to do in the first service. He told me in my face - "I won't do any service sir. I'll just check if everything is alright and this will take maximum of 45min to 1 hour". While talking to me he filled a can with tap water and poured it in the wiper fluid container. After 5 min, I left from there hoping they'll do the work (whatever they do) properly. When I came back to collect the car in the evening, I was handed over a bill of 50 rupees for topping up wiper fluid. I just smiled to myself thinking about the tap water, paid the bill and drove my car home. There's absolutely no difference in how the car runs (not that I had any problem except for one, but mentally I kept telling myself that after first service, vehicle will get much smoother. You see, I'm really greedy here, I just switched from Maruti to Honda).

Like I mentioned above, there is one issue which I also mentioned to service guys and they ignored to even check it. (Odometer on my car was exactly same in the morning and evening but they confidently told me they took the car around and found it perfectly normal). The issue is that when the car is running at above 50kmph, I take my feet off all the pedals, I hear noise from the wheels. I don't know if it's normal - Ritz never had it. I wonder if the improper wheel alignment can be a problem even in new cars or is it some bigger problem! Given my experience with the service center, I have no confidence to go back to them. I'm kind of confused! Any help/leads to better service centres appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 28th September 2017, 07:09   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Given my experience with the service center, I have no confidence to go back to them. I'm kind of confused! Any help/leads to better service centres appreciated.

Thanks!
Try the Whitefield Honda. I see they are improving and I hear the same from others as well. Worth a try, may be.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 08:20   #457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
Hello everyone!

I upgraded to Honda city VXMT Petrol from my 2012 Ritz VXI in August. Bought the car from Saphire Honda, Bengaluru. The delivery was bittersweet. There was really good interaction from test drive till delivery. But on the day of delivery, they screwed up my insurance, reluctant to fix it pro-actively they pushed it for almost a month. When I started following up on a daily basis, it turns out they were expecting me to pay 4K to fix the mistake they did. When I threatened them that I'll park the car right in front of their showroom blocking their entrance until it's sorted, finally they resolved it. I have yet to get my Honda pillows which was agreed to be given as complimentary, but I've given up on them now.

I finished my first service with same dealer which was not very impressive. I also own a Royal enfield which automatically puts me among the people who don't trust authorised service centres. After the advisor finished job card work and asked me to come back by evening, I saw my car entering the workshop area. Speaking to the service manager, I casually asked can I just have a look around your service facility and he agreed (this dealership is relatively new). I went straight to my car and asked the mechanic what all is he going to do in the first service. He told me in my face - "I won't do any service sir. I'll just check if everything is alright and this will take maximum of 45min to 1 hour". While talking to me he filled a can with tap water and poured it in the wiper fluid container. After 5 min, I left from there hoping they'll do the work (whatever they do) properly. When I came back to collect the car in the evening, I was handed over a bill of 50 rupees for topping up wiper fluid. I just smiled to myself thinking about the tap water, paid the bill and drove my car home. There's absolutely no difference in how the car runs (not that I had any problem except for one, but mentally I kept telling myself that after first service, vehicle will get much smoother. You see, I'm really greedy here, I just switched from Maruti to Honda).

Like I mentioned above, there is one issue which I also mentioned to service guys and they ignored to even check it. (Odometer on my car was exactly same in the morning and evening but they confidently told me they took the car around and found it perfectly normal). The issue is that when the car is running at above 50kmph, I take my feet off all the pedals, I hear noise from the wheels. I don't know if it's normal - Ritz never had it. I wonder if the improper wheel alignment can be a problem even in new cars or is it some bigger problem! Given my experience with the service center, I have no confidence to go back to them. I'm kind of confused! Any help/leads to better service centres appreciated.

Thanks!
I too bought my car from them and did 2 of the services at Sapphire. I was pretty happy with the work they did. Had posted a thread on it as well. But that was maybe I had told them I would be posting a review online. Also I was with the car all the time. I never leave the car at the service center and go. But I guess as time passes by all of them will be back to their tricks.

I did my third service at Whitefield since it is just a km or so from my house. They have indeed improved from before as mentioned by Kaviprem. I even got a free polishing for the car. However, they were supposed to come back to me on something, which they did not. It is something small, but I like promises to be kept.

You can contact Mr. Prabhat Ranjan (Mob: 96635 12266) when you get there and mention you are coming from TeamBhp. Better would be to call him before you get there.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 15:40   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Try the Whitefield Honda. I see they are improving and I hear the same from others as well. Worth a try, may be.

Prem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I too bought my car from them and did 2 of the services at Sapphire. I was pretty happy with the work they did. Had posted a thread on it as well. But that was maybe I had told them I would be posting a review online. Also I was with the car all the time. I never leave the car at the service center and go. But I guess as time passes by all of them will be back to their tricks.
You can contact Mr. Prabhat Ranjan (Mob: 96635 12266) when you get there and mention you are coming from TeamBhp. Better would be to call him before you get there.
Thanks guys! I spoke to Mr.Prabhat and set up a meeting for Monday as the service center is closed for the festival.

BTW, I would happily take off from office and stay in the workshop while they service my car. I had an impression that I wouldn't be allowed to stay in the workshop area too long because I have been asked to wait in the lounge till my Enfield servicing is finished, not once but multiple times. I thought the same rule applies here.

Anyway, looking forward to Monday to get the issue with my car resolved as I have planned for a long drive next weekend. Will update once the car is checked and something is done about the noise.

Thanks again,
Bhushan
Old 9th October 2017, 17:16   #459

Took delivery of V, Automatic couple weeks back. Have clocked 750 Kms and yet to get the first service done. Overall car performance is satisfactory and expected mileage ( 7-8 Km in City, 17 Km in Highway , per MID reading, driven in D mode, Eco switched on, except occasional S mode).

There are couple of nagging issues

a) Plastic frame on A-frame dividing the front passenger window and the windshield, was rattling ( purring noise, when driving in uneven roads, pavements etc. Not heard in smoother roads). This I noticed couple of days after I took vehicle and took this issue with service center. After 2-3 attempts of false fixes and more than a day in service center , issue seemed to get resolved ( it's the same part, but folks I believe added some padding in the plastic). However resurfaced after a 300 Km trip I took last weekend. During 1st free service, I'll be reopening the issue with them.

b) Bluetooth - Streaming Audio from your mobile, tablet ( say youtube ) there seems to be a lag ( your visuals and audio doesn't match). Not sure if this is "Bluetooth" issue or with car Digipad issue.

Wanted to share over here and see if folks have encountered these
Old 9th October 2017, 19:40   #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
2)irritating rattle from the left 'A' Pillar that was set right during the first service
Hi, I'm having the same issue & just posted a new query, before re-searching on topic to come across this. Do you know if they replaced the plastic frame or did some padding ?

In my case they've already tried a) wrapping those plastic clips fixing the plastic to the body frame with few tapes and b) padding with enough foam, but was momentarily arrested, but came back after a trip. I'm planning on insisting them changing the part and hoping that fixes it.
sudhakaromr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2017, 23:03   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhakaromr View Post
Hi, I'm having the same issue & just posted a new query, before re-searching on topic to come across this. Do you know if they replaced the plastic frame or did some padding ?

In my case they've already tried a) wrapping those plastic clips fixing the plastic to the body frame with few tapes and b) padding with enough foam, but was momentarily arrested, but came back after a trip. I'm planning on insisting them changing the part and hoping that fixes it.
Take it to the service center and they will fix it. I had the rear parking sensors fixed as a accessory and the wire runs through the left A Pillar, probably that had to do something with the rattle. I haven't visited the Service center even once as I call for my car to be picked up and dropped by a driver from Honda Service centre and communicate my complaint to the service advisor over phone. I don't know what was the issue but it was sorted at first service itself and other 2 services there were no complaints whatsoever from my side. Take it to Capital Honda, Meenampakkam.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 9th October 2017 at 23:23.
Old 29th October 2017, 13:24   #462
OSH
BHPian

A friend and fellow 2017 Honda City owner from Bangalore writes about the bitter experience he is facing with Honda's service centers.

His texts are quoted below :
Quote:
2nd service was with Magnum Honda where they soiled the seats and sent back the car. If we don't give our vehicle to the authorised service center warranty is an issue. If we give it, quality is an issue.
Quote:
3rd service was with Brigade Honda and it was as bad.

I had left my car for service yesterday at Brigade Honda's yelhanka facility. There was also some body work required on the front bumper portion which I had requested to be done as well.

Mr Sunil had informed me that the washing of the vehicle can't be done as the painting of the bumper may get affected. I had hence asked him not to wash the vehicle from outside but clean and apply polish to the interior portion of the car.

I dropped my car at around 9.30 am at the service facility and the vehicle was dropped back at around 6.45 in the evening to my residence.

To my surprise, no work of cleaning the interiors of the car including the mats has been done. Honda has set an awesome standard now perhaps.

What stopped them from cleaning the vehicle from inside if the painting was carried out to the front bumper is not to my understanding. Though i have been owning cars for 19 years, I am unaware of how time management works with Honda as this is my first Honda Car.

Please take time to explain me what all work was carried out on my car from morning till evening.

When my wife asked the person who dropped the car why interiors were not cleaned, the answer was that it was informed to me that the vehicle can't be washed. Does the vehicle require 'washing' from inside also ?

Painting is done to the bumper and all round the car there are white stains after the body work is done. Are the people working in the service station blind as well not to notice this at least ?

I am utterly disappointed with what has happened. As usual if I need to get it cleaned, I will have to again take my vehicle and wait for half a day again, they will provide a lip service of apologising but Honda will not do anything.

I am yet to test the bluetooth issue which I was informed by the service advisor to be resolved.

I shall reserve my right to file a consumer complaint if it remains unrectified even after 3 services and 7 months of buying a mistakenly fabulous car from Honda.
Also attaching the pictures I have recieved from him.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img20171029wa0000.jpg
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img20171029wa0001.jpg
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img20171029wa0002.jpg

Last edited by OSH : 29th October 2017 at 13:26.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 10:37   #463
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
A friend and fellow 2017 Honda City owner from Bangalore writes about the bitter experience he is facing with Honda's service centers.
UPDATE FROM THE OWNER - Yesterday late afternoon, Brigade Honda had the car picked up from home to resolve the issues. The car was cleaned inside/out and returned back late evening, resolving whatever complaints that were made.

The bluetooth connectivity problem was solved by a software update and on checking the same, there was a noted improvement in the audio quality.

All complaints now stand resolved. Thanks.

Last edited by OSH : 30th October 2017 at 10:40.
OSH is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 22:05   #464
BHPian

Folks,I own a VCVT (new city). The ride quality in city and at low to medium speed is very bumpy. I can littelry feel every pothole on the road.

Is this something common with Honda City or specific to my car?
Old 7th November 2017, 22:55   #465
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
Folks,I own a VCVT (new city). The ride quality in city and at low to medium speed is very bumpy. I can littelry feel every pothole on the road.

Is this something common with Honda City or specific to my car?
Check the tyre pressure. It may be overinflated.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed