Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 12:46   #496

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Thrissur is not too far behind (from Mumbai) when it comes to traffic jams. And those super narrow roads just add to the chaos
An AT will be a better bet if the car of your choice have that option.
Ouch.

I just received the delivery yesterday of the V MT. So far, very happy with it!
krishnamarathe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 11:48   #497
OSH
BHPian

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-fb_img_1512192779834.jpg

Source : Honda's facebook page
Old 2nd December 2017, 12:52   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I rode in the new honda city in singapore just last month. The automatic transmission gear lever is so different to the ones we get here. Why the bad treatment for us Honda?
Hello, what you have seen must be the Honda City/Grace( JDM name ) hybrid car which comes with the 7-speed DCT (which is a poor copy of German dual clutches). It looks very sleek since its not a physical gear shifter but a mere switch mechanism which then triggers an electrical system to slot in the gear requested.
Old 2nd December 2017, 16:06   #499
BHPian

My brother's has recently purchased the Facelift version of City. From past few days, the vehicle navigation was not working with some error of missing folder. During servicing the rep told that the card is broken and it costs somewhere around 8K to replace that card.

I am wondering that the card used is simple Micro SD card. what makes it so costly?

Will it be possible that I purchase the card from market and load the files if they are available somewhere else? Spending 8K on just a card will be stupidity.

Please advice.
Old 2nd December 2017, 16:20   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post
I am wondering that the card used is simple Micro SD card. what makes it so costly?
Will it be possible that I purchase the card from market and load the files if they are available somewhere else? Spending 8K on just a card will be stupidity.
Please advice.
It has to be an SD card. In my car, the card is easily inserted and removed from the card slot placed right under the screen on the dashboard. It is just a normal SD card.

Too bad City doesn't come with Android Auto or Apple Car Play. I haven't used the built in navigation even a single time because of Android Auto - Google Maps serves the purpose in a better way!
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-psx_20171202_153219.jpg

Last edited by clevermax : 2nd December 2017 at 16:23.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 00:32   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGunner View Post
My fear seems to be coming true. I got a call from the service advisor of Whitefield Honda and they said they have checked everything and couldn't figure out the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
I doubt they have completely removed the gearbox, they must have just checked/replaced the mounts of the gearbox to rule out any vibration related noise. Removing an entire gearbox will most probably need removing the exhaust system, cross members(sub frames), drive shaft and what not, it is definitely a major job.

No, nothing to worry as such. Hondas are fairly simple to work on compared to say germans which are loaded with electronics. I would just advise you to let them work at their desired pace, do not make them hurry or rush into delivering the car ASAP.

Getting a basic hang of your car's mechanicals will be very helpfull to you, otherwise some people might take undue advantage of your lack of knowledge and fool you into doing stuff to your car which is not required at all. There are many such useless services which even the service center will ask you to go for eg: pest control, AC disinfectant, silencer coating etc and many people agree to it because the SA says it's a part of service. One rule to keep in mind; NEVER DO ANYTHING APART FROM WHAT THE OWNERS MANUAL SAYS.
Finally, the issue is resolved Kudos to Whitefield Honda. Although the whole process was too slow, it picked up when I called Honda121 after waiting for a week. The dealership told me they are waiting for an approval from Honda and then there was no update for 6 days. Once I raised a concern on Honda itself (not the dealership), it was resolved in next 5 days.

It was a faulty differential assembly. As part of the fix, differential assembly, a set of bearings and crown (that's what they said) were changed under warranty. If I understood correctly, crown is kind of a gear (with grooves) on which the drive shaft mounts. I have to say I was not happy leaving my 3 months old car with them for 2 full weeks but now I'm relaxed that the issue is resolved.

Here is how it sounded before:

I don't have a video on the lift of how it sounds after fixing the issue but I took an extensive road test for about 40 kms with the technician who worked on my car present with me throughout the drive.

Last edited by LazyGunner : 5th December 2017 at 00:34.
Old 5th December 2017, 07:49   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother's has recently purchased the Facelift version of City. From past few days, the vehicle navigation was not working with some error of missing folder. During servicing the rep told that the card is broken and it costs somewhere around 8K to replace that card.

Please advice.
Don't waste your money! Better rely on Google maps and get a good mobile phone holder for dash/ wind shield. The touch screen infotainment system on the new Honda City isn't good.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 22:43   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Please advice.
I agree to the previous post by Durango Dude that the navigation is useless. I never use it. Why don't u just download google maps to the digipad as shown in one of the threads and use your phone wifi. That's what I am using for the last few months. Works very very well. Just did trips to Wayanad, Hyderabad, Pondicherry, Chennai, Tirupati and got back today from Alleppey. Picked up every hotel, area, road as Google maps on your phone would. The only difference is you won't be able to login to your Google account. Which is fine since it saves the search history.

Also if you buy a SD card, can't the files from another car be copied into it ??

Last edited by Altocumulus : 5th December 2017 at 22:47.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2017, 16:53   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Also if you buy a SD card, can't the files from another car be copied into it ??
I understand your point. Will surely download and install Google Maps. Google maps is anyday better than static preloaded maps. But the thing is me and my brother both want our cars to be in best of the condition with everything working fine. Any minor glitches troubles us a lot.

Anyways, about the quoted post. That is what my doubt is. If it can be done then surely there is no point wasting my money on stupid SD card. Can anyone please help with the files.

I'll but a SD card from market and copy the files from here. Thanks in advance,
Old 7th December 2017, 12:28   #505
BHPian

Could we collectively bring this issue to Honda senior management? The digipad is an abomination, and even if they don't care, we should voice our concern that even low end Maruti's today come with better HUs.

This might force them to support android auto or perform some upgrades.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 13:11   #506
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Could we collectively bring this issue to Honda senior management ?
AFAIK the service centers had already taken the feedback regarding the AVN system from the initial customers and reported the same to Honda. Many owners had complained about issues with the Digipad in April-May(1st service for the initial buyers), then after a few months Honda did come out with an update but it didn't do much great.

Quote:
This might force them to support android auto or perform some upgrades.
Can a software update get Android Auto ?

According to me, the android platform will also need to be upgraded and that won't be possible if the needed hardware is missing.
Old 8th December 2017, 11:59   #507
BHPian

+1 to the point on Navigation. It shows weird routes when driving and even the traffic info is not updated real time. I understand the process of Traffic update is taken through feedback from the same map users of that route, however, it is pointless using it as you have to switch to Google Maps to get better information.

Also, what SD card to use? I had bought a Rs. 650 SD card of Kingston and the Digipad does not read it. I tried it in my Father's WR-V and the same issue. The SD card syncs well on my mobile and laptop. I know the Honda USB reader slots only read a selective set of USB devices but has anyone cracked the code of the same? I have a Kingston 4 GB pendrive which I carried over from my Brio and the City reads it as well.
Old 12th December 2017, 11:02   #508

Hey guys, I took delivery of a petrol V MT two days ago and the car has been great to drive so far. However, I noticed something that Ive never faced in any of my diesel cars, the front of the car especially the bonnet and fender areas get so hot even after a short drive, is this normal?
Old 12th December 2017, 16:26   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgrcrazy View Post
Hey guys, I took delivery of a petrol V MT two days ago and the car has been great to drive so far. However, I noticed something that Ive never faced in any of my diesel cars, the front of the car especially the bonnet and fender areas get so hot even after a short drive, is this normal?
Yes it is. Petrols get much more hotter than diesels earlier, especially ones with aluminium engines.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 08:34   #510

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
+1 to the point on Navigation. It shows weird routes when driving and even the traffic info is not updated real time. I understand the process of Traffic update is taken through feedback from the same map users of that route, however, it is pointless using it as you have to switch to Google Maps to get better information.
Absolutely right! Few days back I was navigating my way back from Coimbatore city to Thrissur and Honda's navigation was showing me the exact opposite directions to Google maps!
Thankfully I trusted my instinct and relied on Google maps. Otherwise I would've ended up in Karnataka for sure

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks