Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2018, 20:43   #526
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Folks,

I own new Honda City CVT 2017. Can you please help answer my queries below?

1. For CVT is it better to slot the gear to Neutral (N) while waiting on signals or should I keep it in D mode with my foot on break?

2. Do we always need to press the unlock button on CVT stick while changing gears or is it only when changing from R to N?

3. When I connect my mobile to HU via Bluetooth and make a call, he call is not audible until the person I'm calling picks up the call. I mean I can't hear phone ringing. Is it by design?

4. While driving it the sun is directly in front of me, I can see the windshield gets blurred and visibility is reduced. Is anyone else facing this?

TIA!

Last edited by navin : 20th January 2018 at 10:57. Reason: Abreviation used
Old 4th January 2018, 20:58   #527
BHPian

Hi @Ford_d_kool sir,

1.) Not only for CVT but infact for any slushbox, shifting the gear to (N) is recommended if the vehicle is standing for long in the traffic.

2.) Again, it's better shift the gear with pressing the unlock button.

Regarding 3 and 4 maybe the owners here can help you out.

Regards
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2018, 22:13   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
I own new Honda City CVT 2017. Can you please help answer my queries below?
Reg #1 , I don't move to Neutral and don't see a need to do it. However would like to hear if there are technical merits in moving to Neutral. [In US, where it's heavily automatic, I haven't seen folks move to Neutral at signals ]

#2 : Not necessary to always press it, as system itself enforces the button only for select gear changes . Rest its OK to move with out pressing [ Manual has list of all such moves]

#3: I hear the ring comfortably. Can you check with other phone, just to confirm phone's bluetooth isn't misbehaving. Also try increasing the volume button when its ringing. May be the ring volume setting is set to low ( not sure though)

#4: Don't recollect observing such thing. May be next time, I'll pay attention.

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 07:29. Reason: changed quoted post; Trimmed quoted post
sudhakaromr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 16:11   #529
BHPian

I took our 2017 Honda City ZX CVT on a work assignment to Pune yesterday. The car has done approximately 5500 kms so far with my father being the primary driver.

Over a 300 km return trip, the FE that I got (as per the car's MID) was a stonking 18.8 kmpl with a maximum of 19.3 kmpl and minimum of 17.5 kmpl. Attached image was taken shortly after entering Pune city and getting stuck in traffic due to metro construction at Kothrud. This was also the first time I got to drive it solo on an expressway run. Few observations-

1. The trip meter was reset before I started in the morning around 6:45 AM.
2. FE readings on the other trip meter (last reset over 1500 kms ago) improved from 11.x to 14.x kmpl. This data mostly pertains to the city drives my father takes.
3. Since I did not have to go too deep into Pune, the traffic botheration was minimum. Mercifully, I did not face any snarls on the return trip either with the exception of the infamous Kalwa bridge.
4. Car was driven sedately for the most part, with cruise control being engaged wherever possible. I think this helped a lot in achieving these economy figures.
5. A/c was used full time and eco mode was used in the city.
6. The road noise was a bit excessive IMHO. Though it was easy to drown it with music, I wonder if the OE Ecopias played a part in this.

Even after discounting the difference between MID readings and actual efficiency, these figures are amazing for a 1.5 liter petrol engine. I am now seriously considering a Honda City V CVT as a replacement for my Chevy Spark
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20180109_093302.jpg  

Last edited by navin : 20th January 2018 at 10:58. Reason: abreviation used
anirudh_85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2018, 19:00   #530
BHPian

I have a Honda City zx cvt purchased in March2017 and have been having a great rides in city traffic!

A minor glitch I am facing is that some times when I reverse the "yellow" guidelines in the digipad turn "white". I tried getting it fixed by the Honda service centre but so far this issue is not resolved. Let me know if any of you guys have a solution
Old 19th January 2018, 11:24   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
I have a Honda City zx cvt purchased in March2017 and have been having a great rides in city traffic!

A minor glitch I am facing is that some times when I reverse the "yellow" guidelines in the digipad turn "white". I tried getting it fixed by the Honda service centre but so far this issue is not resolved. Let me know if any of you guys have a solution
I am not sure how many of us even noticed that.

However has it got to do with if your lights are switched on ? I do see that the screen dims on switching on the parking lights. Maybe the guidelines also change color with that. Just a thought.
Old 19th January 2018, 11:51   #532
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
I do see that the screen dims on switching on the parking lights.
There is a way to cancel out this auto dimming feature of the digipad. Have done it in my car.

While the parking lights are ON, power up the digipad and go to 'settings', then change the brightness setting to 'full/max'. Now the brightness of the digipad will remain the same irrespective of the parking lights being ON/OFF.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 15:23   #533
BHPian

Quote:
I am not sure how many of us even noticed that.

However has it got to do with if your lights are switched on ? I do see that the screen dims on switching on the parking lights. Maybe the guidelines also change color with that. Just a thought.
Hello sir,

I own a Honda city zx cvt 2017 too and i've observed that when the parking lights are switched on, the screen does dim but the guidelines stay yellow all the time.

Were you travelling on the 23rd of December 2017? Our Honda city was right behind yours during the traffic jam before the toll.
Old 19th January 2018, 16:53   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Hello sir,

Were you travelling on the 23rd of December 2017? Our Honda city was right behind yours during the traffic jam before the toll.
Yup, we were on the way to Kodaikanal.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2018, 23:09   #535
BHPian

Nothing to do with headlights or dimming of digipad
The issue is still not resolved
Old 31st January 2018, 16:10   #536
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted my Honda City Facelift. DIY using removable Rubber paint for the black and wrap bought from aliexpress for the red.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180126_131840.jpg
Altocumulus is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 16:27   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Facelifted my Honda City Facelift. DIY using removable Rubber paint for the black and wrap bought from aliexpress for the red.
Loved this! The black looks so much better than the high dose of chrome. That red line is a nice touch!

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 07:30. Reason: Formatted quoted post
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 17:36   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Looks nice, probably, I would have liked without the red label
I believe, the white to black contrast looks good. Not sure, how it would look on other body colours though!

Prem.

Last edited by ampere : 1st February 2018 at 07:30. Reason: Formatted quoted post
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 01:38   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Loved this! The black looks so much better than the high dose of chrome. That red line is a nice touch!
Thanks. I am not a fan of chrome myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Looks nice, probably, I would have liked without the red label
I believe, the white to black contrast looks good. Not sure, how it would look on other body colours though!

Prem.
Thanks.

I actually tried 3 combinations for the lower part.

1. Kept it Chrome as is, however it was looking incomplete overall.
2. Painted it black as well, however the it wasn't looking that great. The lower part was getting lost. The grill was looking like one big black piece.
3. Wrapped it in Red (current state) and this was looking the best since it also accentuated the shape of the grill.

I think it would also look good in a silver car. I have a Granite Grey Ritz in which I have painted the alloys black with red lips and a red tow took along with SUZUKI in red on the left side of the bonnet. The combo is not bad. So I presume it wont look that bad on Metallic Steel Grey as well.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 1st February 2018 at 01:44.
Old 3rd February 2018, 20:22   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sir,

Your car looks amazing after the facelift!!
Wanted to do something similiar to this on our modern steel City. Will the same wrap suit a modern steel City?

If you don’t mind, may I know where you purchased your number plate and Mugen logo from?

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2018 at 20:36. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks