Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2018, 22:36   #556
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

The New Hyundai Verna is like a now prettier woman but with no substance.My city rocks even though a few niggles at times but she is pristine.
ToothyPetrohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2018, 11:53   #557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
I own a March2017 Honda City zx cvt
I too have the ZX CVT, March 2017 and gave mine for the 1 year service. Mentioned the issue of Digipad freezing whilst connected over BT and all they did was a software upgrade.
I wasn't told or informed about the recall. It could be too early for the service centres to take necessary action or it could be a rumour.
Yes, the digipad's software iteration is below par and something has to be done to resolve the continuous issues.
Old 28th February 2018, 16:19   #558
BHPian

I called Honda Customer Care Toll Free No. 1800113121 and enquired whether my Honda City ZX CVT March2017 had any faulty airbag issues. Glad to get confirmation from the customer care that the air bags fitted in my car were not faulty -this was based on the check of my Car's chassis no. provided over phone to customer care. Regrding digipad issues (the parking guide lines turn white from yellow some times in the reverse camera), I was promised a call back after 24 hrs.

Regards,
SMSP
Old 1st March 2018, 12:02   #559
BHPian

What are your views on the CVT gearbox? I've driven the manual multiple times and absolutely love it but never have I driven the CVT. How does it compare?
Old 6th March 2018, 15:25   #560
Senior - BHPian

New mini addition to the car. Samurai Bumper Lips. Looks much better in person.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180223_144036.jpg

There are chances of me moving to a different city so the car is up for sale provided I get a reasonable price. I will update the classifieds as well.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 6th March 2018 at 15:28.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 18:50   #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terrorist View Post
What are your views on the CVT gearbox? I've driven the manual multiple times and absolutely love it but never have I driven the CVT. How does it compare?
Recommend it highly. You will never go back to a manual. Unless you are a adrenalin fiend It is amazingly smooth. Plus you have the paddle shift and the sport mode should you feel nostalgic..
Old 11th March 2018, 21:00   #562

This is a rather long story of my eventually successful attempt at buying a V-CVT. I held back posting this for a while, but here goes:

Pune now has its third Honda dealer: Ethix Honda on Fergusson College Road. I was toying with the idea of replacing my ageing OHC, though not quite ready to part with it any time soon. I never liked the shapes of newer City models. Besides, the i10 automatic I bought four years back was just perfect for Pune's chaotic traffic. But on a lazy December Sunday I sauntered into the brand new Ethix showroom. Just because it's close to where I stay. It looked deserted, except for a watchman. On enquiry, he averred that the showroom was indeed open. He went in to call a sales guy.

The SA was courteous enough. He took me to the VX-CVT on display and gave his sales pitch. I turned up my nose at the Sun-roof. Well, I suppose it would not really leak, but what if it does? I asked him about the V-CVT. He offered me a test drive. Off we went, and I started melting, slowly. After the almost unimpeded view from the OHC's driver seat, the thickening A pillars of the successive models were a huge put-off for me. But maybe the i10 cockpit had prepared me, and I didn't find the visibility lacking a great deal. No deal-breaker at least. The rear view is a bit limited due to the high tail gate. But passable. The Brio AT I test-drove years ago had noticeable gaps between shifts. I found i10 a lot smoother in that aspect. The TD car that I was now manoeuvring past crazy motorcyclists was butter smooth, with the CVT shining through.

Back at the showroom the SA said they had one Modern Steel V-CVT at the stockyard. He showed me a V-MT with the same color in the basement parking. Interesting color, though it gives off different hues depending upon the lighting conditions and the viewing angle. I was not sure the better half would approve. The SA offered to drive to my house and show it to her. He said they would offer handsome year-end discount over and above the Honda offer of free insurance on the 2017 City. He came over and gave a royal treatment to my wife, with a ride to show how comfy the car was. He knew who controlled the purse strings.

Down to prices now. After sparring around the ring we shook hands on an OTR of a whisker under 13 Lac. That meant nearly 80K off the list OTR. I insisted on a PDI before registration. He said it was the last week of the year and the registration would happen in the first week of January. I gave him a token cheque of 50K for the booking amount.

It was soon 2018. The SA called and said he wants to meet me. He came along with his team leader to my office. They sheepishly told me there was a mistake and they didn't have the V-CVT they said they had. "Some system error". Instead, they offered to get a fresh 2017 car from the factory, and stick to the deal we had made. Except that the Modern Steel metallic was no longer available, and they could offer me a choice of Silver and White. They had not encashed my cheque either. I said, OK, go ahead and get me the Silver one. They indicated a mid-month delivery.

Mid January. They came over again. After hemming and hawing, they said they could not procure the 2017 model for me. I had a choice. Cancel the booking (the cheque was still not debited) or take the 2018 vehicle instead. They said they had a 2018 silver V-CVT in their stockyard already. The catch: They would not be able to stick to the agreed price. There was a price revision by Honda which jacked up prices by some 16K (albeit with a 10K accessory discount), and the free insurance carrot was gone too. After I blew my top and berated them for several minutes, I , having fallen hook line and sinker for the car, asked them to stick to the committed dealer discount. I talked to the top man who could make decisions. After much to and fro, they reluctantly agreed to somewhat match my demand.

This would be a third attempt after two false starts. I insisted on a PDI before I paid them anything.

They said they would get the car at their service center (at Khadki, a little north-west of town) from their stockyard south-east of Pune around 11am on PDI-day. I called them at 11. They said they would pick me up shortly. After a long wait, they said the driver is stuck in a jam, and will be delayed by an hour or two. After lunch, I checked again. Nothing. Finally at 4:30 they called and said the driver called and the car would be at the showroom instead at 5. I arrived at the hour. No car. No driver. Another traffic jam spiel though Google maps shows normal traffic. Come back tomorrow. Did the driver crash the car?

Finally the car is at the showroom the next morning, though unwashed. It has taken 24 hours to travel 15 km. Armed with Team-BHP PDI check-list I go over the car. It is indeed a Jan 2018 VIN. Goodyear Assurance Triplemax tires. I take a short drive. Everything checks out. I sign the necessary forms. Now time is getting critical. The better half insists on a delivery on a specific date, which is just 2 days away. How will they manage RTO registration? I transfer the amount to their account. They promise delivery on D-day. Frankly with the history I am absolutely skeptical.

D-day morning. I don't really expect them to deliver. But they call and request me to come at 4 pm for delivery. "We will get the registration number by then". I finally arrive at the showroom. Things go fairly smoothly thereafter. I unveil the car, offer Pooja, cut the cake, pose for the photos. Everybody is all smiles and apologies for the delay.

The dealership is spanking new, and all the pieces are just jelling together. Once they get in the groove, they will not make the same mistakes. The showroom is at a very convenient location for western and central areas of Pune. The SA and his team leader tried to make the best of the situation. I am sure this saga is an exception rather than the rule. This long piece is to tell my story and not to scare you
udaji is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 23:59   #563
BHPian

Slightly off topic - has anyone faced rattling behind the dashboard, near centre AC vents? my city has a particularly annoying rattle there and I intend to get it fixed during the upcoming service hence wanted to confirm if there are any precedents

Mods, please move post to relevant thread in case it doesn't fit here
Old 14th March 2018, 14:35   #564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Slightly off topic - has anyone faced rattling behind the dashboard, near centre AC vents? my city has a particularly annoying rattle there and I intend to get it fixed during the upcoming service hence wanted to confirm if there are any precedents.
This seems to be quite a common issue with this generation of the City (pre-facelift and post-facelift versions). I faced this with my car (2016, pre-facelift). The rattles on my car were coming from somewhere around the instrument cluster. Got it sorted out during the scheduled service. Nothing to worry about as such, but it's just an annoying issue that we end up having to deal with.
Old 14th March 2018, 16:41   #565

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Slightly off topic - has anyone faced rattling behind the dashboard, near centre AC vents? my city has a particularly annoying rattle there and I intend to get it fixed during the upcoming service hence wanted to confirm if there are any precedents

Mods, please move post to relevant thread in case it doesn't fit here
I am facing a similar issue and the entire dashboard rattles during the throttle. I have a 2016 City Diesel and my Third Servicing also couldn't fix the issue. Looking to change my service center to get this fixed soon.
Old 20th March 2018, 18:47   #566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
I own a March2017 Honda City zx cvt
Are there any issues reported of faulty air bags and faulty digipad necessitating recall and reinstallation for this model? Just checking as I heard rumours
Folks,

You can check if there are any recalls on your car here : https://www.hondacarindia.com/forms/customerinfo.aspx

Some Honda cars are under recall to replace faulty Takata airbags.

Apologies if posted already.

Rgds
Old 21st March 2018, 16:00   #567
BHPian

Hi Udaji,

I got a few calls from Ethix Honda for service. Did you get a chance to move around the service center? How are the facilities there?

Also, what is the location of the service center and the showroom?

I am used to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda but it is always better to know of an alternative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaji View Post
This is a rather long story of my eventually successful attempt at buying a V-CVT. I held back posting this for a while, but here goes:

Pune now has its third Honda dealer: Ethix Honda on Fergusson College Road. I was toying with the idea of replacing my ageing OHC, though not quite ready to part with it any time soon. I never liked the shapes of newer City models. Besides, the i10 automatic I bought four years back was just perfect for Pune's chaotic traffic. But on a lazy December Sunday I sauntered into the brand new Ethix showroom. Just because it's close to where I stay. It looked deserted, except for a watchman. On enquiry, he averred that the showroom was indeed open. He went in to call a sales guy.

The SA was courteous enough. He took me to the VX-CVT on display and gave his sales pitch. I turned up my nose at the Sun-roof. Well, I suppose it would not really leak, but what if it does? I asked him about the V-CVT. He offered me a test drive. Off we went, and I started melting, slowly. After the almost unimpeded view from the OHC's driver seat, the thickening A pillars of the successive models were a huge put-off for me. But maybe the i10 cockpit had prepared me, and I didn't find the visibility lacking a great deal. No deal-breaker at least. The rear view is a bit limited due to the high tail gate. But passable. The Brio AT I test-drove years ago had noticeable gaps between shifts. I found i10 a lot smoother in that aspect. The TD car that I was now manoeuvring past crazy motorcyclists was butter smooth, with the CVT shining through.

Back at the showroom the SA said they had one Modern Steel V-CVT at the stockyard. He showed me a V-MT with the same color in the basement parking. Interesting color, though it gives off different hues depending upon the lighting conditions and the viewing angle. I was not sure the better half would approve. The SA offered to drive to my house and show it to her. He said they would offer handsome year-end discount over and above the Honda offer of free insurance on the 2017 City. He came over and gave a royal treatment to my wife, with a ride to show how comfy the car was. He knew who controlled the purse strings.

Down to prices now. After sparring around the ring we shook hands on an OTR of a whisker under 13 Lac. That meant nearly 80K off the list OTR. I insisted on a PDI before registration. He said it was the last week of the year and the registration would happen in the first week of January. I gave him a token cheque of 50K for the booking amount.

It was soon 2018. The SA called and said he wants to meet me. He came along with his team leader to my office. They sheepishly told me there was a mistake and they didn't have the V-CVT they said they had. "Some system error". Instead, they offered to get a fresh 2017 car from the factory, and stick to the deal we had made. Except that the Modern Steel metallic was no longer available, and they could offer me a choice of Silver and White. They had not encashed my cheque either. I said, OK, go ahead and get me the Silver one. They indicated a mid-month delivery.

Mid January. They came over again. After hemming and hawing, they said they could not procure the 2017 model for me. I had a choice. Cancel the booking (the cheque was still not debited) or take the 2018 vehicle instead. They said they had a 2018 silver V-CVT in their stockyard already. The catch: They would not be able to stick to the agreed price. There was a price revision by Honda which jacked up prices by some 16K (albeit with a 10K accessory discount), and the free insurance carrot was gone too. After I blew my top and berated them for several minutes, I , having fallen hook line and sinker for the car, asked them to stick to the committed dealer discount. I talked to the top man who could make decisions. After much to and fro, they reluctantly agreed to somewhat match my demand.

This would be a third attempt after two false starts. I insisted on a PDI before I paid them anything.

They said they would get the car at their service center (at Khadki, a little north-west of town) from their stockyard south-east of Pune around 11am on PDI-day. I called them at 11. They said they would pick me up shortly. After a long wait, they said the driver is stuck in a jam, and will be delayed by an hour or two. After lunch, I checked again. Nothing. Finally at 4:30 they called and said the driver called and the car would be at the showroom instead at 5. I arrived at the hour. No car. No driver. Another traffic jam spiel though Google maps shows normal traffic. Come back tomorrow. Did the driver crash the car?

Finally the car is at the showroom the next morning, though unwashed. It has taken 24 hours to travel 15 km. Armed with Team-BHP PDI check-list I go over the car. It is indeed a Jan 2018 VIN. Goodyear Assurance Triplemax tires. I take a short drive. Everything checks out. I sign the necessary forms. Now time is getting critical. The better half insists on a delivery on a specific date, which is just 2 days away. How will they manage RTO registration? I transfer the amount to their account. They promise delivery on D-day. Frankly with the history I am absolutely skeptical.

D-day morning. I don't really expect them to deliver. But they call and request me to come at 4 pm for delivery. "We will get the registration number by then". I finally arrive at the showroom. Things go fairly smoothly thereafter. I unveil the car, offer Pooja, cut the cake, pose for the photos. Everybody is all smiles and apologies for the delay.

The dealership is spanking new, and all the pieces are just jelling together. Once they get in the groove, they will not make the same mistakes. The showroom is at a very convenient location for western and central areas of Pune. The SA and his team leader tried to make the best of the situation. I am sure this saga is an exception rather than the rule. This long piece is to tell my story and not to scare you
Old 21st March 2018, 16:22   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Hi Udaji,

I got a few calls from Ethix Honda for service. Did you get a chance to move around the service center? How are the facilities there?

Also, what is the location of the service center and the showroom?

I am used to Deccan Honda and Crystal Honda but it is always better to know of an alternative.
Their service center is near Harris bridge, close to Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd. I have had my first service done there, though I didn't go myself. I found no issues. They also offered free pickup and drop for the first visit. For my earlier car I always used Deccan Honda. But for me geographically this one works better.
Old 1st April 2018, 20:17   #569
BHPian

Hi folks, has anyone done any sort of paint protection for their new City? Mine is 2017 march bought, and I can see swirl marks due to cleaning by the regular apartment guys. Any idea how much 3M paint protection can cost and if it's worth it?

Is there any other "protection" worth doing? Till now I've not done absolutely anything on the car (orchid pearl VMT petrol).
Old 1st April 2018, 20:44   #570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Hi folks, has anyone done any sort of paint protection for their new City? Mine is 2017 march bought, and I can see swirl marks due to cleaning by the regular apartment guys. Any idea how much 3M paint protection can cost and if it's worth it?

Is there any other "protection" worth doing? Till now I've not done absolutely anything on the car (orchid pearl VMT petrol).

Yep, we got the paint protection done before delivery by 3M at the showroom.

And yes, it is really worth it IMO. We even got a second coating done recently.

IIRC, it costs about 5 to 6K.

Most Viewed