Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2018, 15:44   #571
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

I have my doubts if the showroom folks really do the 3M coating as claimed. There may be some genuine ones who must be doing it, however, both my Honda cars, when bought, had the 3M protection done from the showroom.

Honestly, I never felt that they were even near to what the actual 3M job would do. It may also be the case that since I had asked for a complimentary thing as part of my overall deal, they wouldn't have done it seriously.

My suggestion would be to take you car to a professional 3M or similar detailer and have it done from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Yep, we got the paint protection done before delivery by 3M at the showroom.

And yes, it is really worth it IMO. We even got a second coating done recently.

IIRC, it costs about 5 to 6K.
Old 11th April 2018, 12:02   #572
BHPian

Hi All,

Whitefield Honda, Bangalore has some 2017 Honda City models in their yard. I think the dealer couldn't sell some of the variants in 2017. Hence, he is providing some discounts on these models.

If interested, please contact Whitefield Honda, 9980137869 (Shivakumar).
Available Variants are VX only.
Old 11th April 2018, 16:11   #573
BHPian

Folks, completed the 1 year service of the City, only traveled 5.5k kms so far. I decided against getting any coating done for the time being by the service center (Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyderabad).

However the total damage to my wallet seems on the higher side - 5.1k! Out of this, around 1800 was for the oil change. When I asked why an oil change is needed so soon, the SA said that it's advisable every 6 months or 10k kms whichever is *earlier* (note: my oil was changed at the 6 month service).

I couldn't find anything relevant from the manual regarding the interval at which the oil should be changed. Further, I don't see much noticeable difference in smoothness post service as well. I just hope they changed the oil at all (any way to verify?) - what's the oil change interval that's recommended for City VMT petrol?

In any case, I'm planning to switch my servicing center to Honda Gachibowli/Miyapur. Not so much satisfied with these Madhapur folks. They also made a slight scratch near the front bumper - it was my bad that I didn't take a photograph before servicing - and they refused to admit that they did it (though it's a minor scratch) - I've seen them drive really recklessly in the service centre.

Last edited by quadmaniac : 11th April 2018 at 16:13.
Old 11th April 2018, 20:43   #574
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
When I asked why an oil change is needed so soon, the SA said that it's advisable every 6 months or 10k kms whichever is *earlier* (note: my oil was changed at the 6 month service).
Yes, he is correct. The oil change is to be done every 6 months/10000 kms even though they are using synthetic oil (Idemitsu 0w20).

Quote:
I just hope they changed the oil at all (any way to verify?)
Not a full proof way but you can check the colour of oil. Honda's oil is orangish brown when new and starts becoming dark brown as the kms lap up.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2018, 18:06   #575
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
Folks, completed the 1 year service of the City, only traveled 5.5k kms so far. I decided against getting any coating done for the time being by the service center (Pride Honda, Madhapur, Hyderabad).

However the total damage to my wallet seems on the higher side - 5.1k! Out of this, around 1800 was for the oil change. When I asked why an oil change is needed so soon, the SA said that it's advisable every 6 months or 10k kms whichever is *earlier* (note: my oil was changed at the 6 month service).

I couldn't find anything relevant from the manual regarding the interval at which the oil should be changed. Further, I don't see much noticeable difference in smoothness post service as well. I just hope they changed the oil at all (any way to verify?) - what's the oil change interval that's recommended for City VMT petrol?

In any case, I'm planning to switch my servicing center to Honda Gachibowli/Miyapur. Not so much satisfied with these Madhapur folks. They also made a slight scratch near the front bumper - it was my bad that I didn't take a photograph before servicing - and they refused to admit that they did it (though it's a minor scratch) - I've seen them drive really recklessly in the service centre.
Gachibowli / Miyapur folks are not so different from Madhapur folks.
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2018, 11:11   #576
BHPian

04-May-2018: Took delivery of my 2018 Honda City V MT iVTEC in modern steel metallic colour. 😁

From looking at a ford EcoSport in 2015 to the Tata Hexa in 2017-2018 and a used 2012 Honda City V MT for sometime, it's been quite a journey to arrive at the Honda City facelift. And I'm glad I chose this car. Has been awesome and a definite upgrade to my 2006 Honda City VTEC.

I've named the car Mr. Spock, in memory of Leonard Nimoy and also as the car was the "Logical" choice.

Some quick pics for your pleasure.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20180508_110555.jpg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-20180508_110627.jpg
esoticoreventon is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 10th May 2018, 21:54   #577
BHPian

Hi all

Please tell me how do we connect my android phone to the Honda City 2017 digipad ? Actually I generally listen to Gaana and generally use the auxiliary in port of the car system to listen to music in my car. I think in Honda City VMT there is no auxiliary in port.
Old 10th May 2018, 21:59   #578
BHPian

Hi all

Please tell me how can I listen to Gaana in Honda City 2017 VMT through my android phone ? Since I heard that there is no auxiliary port in the digipad. Mirror Link is not the option for me. Can I use the HDMI port in the car for the same?
Old 10th May 2018, 22:23   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible_driver View Post
Hi all

Please tell me how can I listen to Gaana in Honda City 2017 VMT through my android phone ? Since I heard that there is no auxiliary port in the digipad. Mirror Link is not the option for me. Can I use the HDMI port in the car for the same?

Connect via bluetooth and it should work.
Old 14th May 2018, 22:47   #580
BHPian

My family owns a January 2013 manufactured City CVT, and its been a great addition to our garage ever since. The City was purchased specifically for mom's occasional use, and its an excellent car to cater to urban commuting requirements. Its had its fair share of urban mishaps, so to speak, what with a speeding innova blunting the rear side of our parked car. But thankfully, its remained as reliable as ever, and that's partly due to the fact that the car has clocked less than 20000 kms in the last five years.

However, I was in the market for a new car last year to upgrade from my daily driver/abuser, the Hyundai i10, and although I wasn't keen to settle for a CVT City, I didn't want to rule it out either, what with the new facelift et al. In fact, I was looking for an excuse to check out the new Accord, but sadly enough, they didn't have a TD car.

I found the interior quality to have taken a sharp dip since our purchase five years ago! Sure, they have added a larger screen, and maybe a few bits of so-called leatherette here and there, but everything else looked tacky! I don't know if its just me loving my family's City all the more all of a sudden, but I am sure there's something inferior to the new City's cabin. And like I read on a previous post here, the infotainment system looks like an aftermarket setup on the FL version. The roof lining, especially, looked cheap, and I feared my hair would attract bits of the poor quality threads if and when I sat upright. Something felt wrong about the new interiors, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

The City, as it used to be prior to the facelift, was a great all-round car that was effortless to drive around in urban conditions, but the new ones are just more expensive while offering much less in quality.
Old 15th May 2018, 00:19   #581
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk1234 View Post
My family owns a January 2013 manufactured City CVT, and its been a great addition to our garage ever since. The City was purchased specifically for mom's occasional use, and its an excellent car to cater to urban commuting requirements. Its had its fair share of urban mishaps, so to speak, what with a speeding innova blunting the rear side of our parked car. But thankfully, its remained as reliable as ever, and that's partly due to the fact that the car has clocked less than 20000 kms in the last five years.

However, I was in the market for a new car last year to upgrade from my daily driver/abuser, the Hyundai i10, and although I wasn't keen to settle for a CVT City, I didn't want to rule it out either, what with the new facelift et al. In fact, I was looking for an excuse to check out the new Accord, but sadly enough, they didn't have a TD car.

I found the interior quality to have taken a sharp dip since our purchase five years ago! Sure, they have added a larger screen, and maybe a few bits of so-called leatherette here and there, but everything else looked tacky! I don't know if its just me loving my family's City all the more all of a sudden, but I am sure there's something inferior to the new City's cabin. And like I read on a previous post here, the infotainment system looks like an aftermarket setup on the FL version. The roof lining, especially, looked cheap, and I feared my hair would attract bits of the poor quality threads if and when I sat upright. Something felt wrong about the new interiors, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

The City, as it used to be prior to the facelift, was a great all-round car that was effortless to drive around in urban conditions, but the new ones are just more expensive while offering much less in quality.

Are you sure yours is a CVT? As you have mentioned of it being a Jan 2013 City, I am guessing it's the last gen which came with a 5-speed TC and not the CVT. Is it the one in the pic below? Because the City CVT I-vtec was launched in Jan 2014.
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-imageuploadedbyteambhp1526323617.629001.jpg
asit.kulkarni93 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 04:11   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The interior material quality used in the Gen-3 City is no doubt better than the Gen-4 City.
However, the Gen-4 City is not just a mere facelift of the Gen-3 City but a completely rebuilt car from the grounds up and offers much more practicality compared to the Gen-3 model such as:
1. 70 mm longer wheel base (translating to better handling, 70 mm more legroom at the back and a bigger cabin), and additional 40mm more shoulder room in the Gen-4 with the width being the same as the Gen-3 City.
2. Completely redesigned floor and stiffened suspansion, eliminating the underbody scraping problem of the Gen-3 model. The Gen 4 City is simply a take anywhere car with no fear of underbody scraping speed breakers.
3. Better engine efficiency with exhaust gas recirculation and lower friction pistons, bigger boot.
4. Much more safety with ABS, EBD and airbags as standard, and a completely redesigned and more rigid body shell and a host of useful features (ACC, rear AC vents, CC et al) most of them missing in the Gen 3 City.
The car has truly evolved in terms of practicality in the right direction.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 15th May 2018 at 04:13.
for_cars1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 09:16   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by for_cars1 View Post
The interior material quality used in the Gen-3 City is no doubt better than the Gen-4 City.
However, the Gen-4 City is not just a mere facelift of the Gen-3 City but a completely rebuilt car from the grounds up and offers much more practicality compared to the Gen-3 model such as:
1. 70 mm longer wheel base (translating to better handling, 70 mm more legroom at the back and a bigger cabin), and additional 40mm more shoulder room in the Gen-4 with the width being the same as the Gen-3 City.
2. Completely redesigned floor and stiffened suspansion, eliminating the underbody scraping problem of the Gen-3 model. The Gen 4 City is simply a take anywhere car with no fear of underbody scraping speed breakers.
3. Better engine efficiency with exhaust gas recirculation and lower friction pistons, bigger boot.
4. Much more safety with ABS, EBD and airbags as standard, and a completely redesigned and more rigid body shell and a host of useful features (ACC, rear AC vents, CC et al) most of them missing in the Gen 3 City.
The car has truly evolved in terms of practicality in the right direction.
No doubt the newer City is more spacious than the previous gen model, and that it’s got more features than before, then again, and it’s probably just me, I never felt the need for additional space that the extended wheelbase offered. The previous Gen City never felt cramped inside, not for urban commutes at least, especially at the rear, but one can’t argue against more space if it doesn’t hurt anything else. Sure, the safety electronics are definitely necessary. To be clear, I didnt mean to suggest the new City isn’t better, but it’s a lot more expensive for what it offers now, and at the cost of interior quality, which is a pretty big deal to me. Also, perhaps because we had opted for one of the higher variants for our car, we didn’t feel pinched when it came to features. As for the ground clearance, I will agree with you, but then again, we have never had to use our car as a family sedan, so those additional mm didn’t matter much to us.

Btw, ACC is cruise control, you mean? Sorry, but not very good with these acronyms. our car has it, too, but maybe it was restricted to the higher variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Are you sure yours is a CVT? As you have mentioned of it being a Jan 2013 City, I am guessing it's the last gen which came with a 5-speed TC and not the CVT. Is it the one in the pic below? Because the City CVT I-vtec was launched in Jan 2014.
Attachment 1760951
You are right, I think. I checked the car’s papers, and it says Honda City 1.5 V AT. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 15th May 2018, 10:00   #584
BHPian

Quote:
To be clear, I didnt mean to suggest the new City isn’t better, but it’s a lot more expensive for what it offers now, and at the cost of interior quality, which is a pretty big deal to me.
Btw, ACC is cruise control, you mean? Sorry, but not very good with these acronyms. our car has it, too, but maybe it was restricted to the higher variants.

ACC - Automatic Climate Control.

Its not only the old city messing with you, its the i10 which is messing with you. I don't know about Grand I10, but the I10 and I20, I own a 2009 and 2013 models respectively, make you feel interiors of many cars in the same segments and above segments look far too cheap.

I have zeroed upon City quite a few times and dropped the plans after test drive, though I like the drive, only due to interiors and NVH levels.

Last edited by aadya : 15th May 2018 at 10:01. Reason: additional info.
aadya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th May 2018, 14:01   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
ACC - Automatic Climate Control.

Its not only the old city messing with you, its the i10 which is messing with you. I don't know about Grand I10, but the I10 and I20, I own a 2009 and 2013 models respectively, make you feel interiors of many cars in the same segments and above segments look far too cheap.

I have zeroed upon City quite a few times and dropped the plans after test drive, though I like the drive, only due to interiors and NVH levels.
Agreed. The i10 (2013 make) has a pretty nice cabin, and fairly decent equipment, even in the base model, so yeah, that explains a lot.

As for the ACC - thanks for the info, but I’m not sure if our car has it. But I do recall how effective the AC is in the old city. It was beautiful, even in peak Delhi summer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks