Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2018, 16:31   #616
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

2017 city- V

both sides request sensor's rubber buttons have fallen off after a high dose of Agra's super hot summer and then constant rainfall!!

how to get it fixed? If I ask Honda, they'll be inconsiderate as always and suggest replacing the whole door handle mechanism on both sides!

Is there anyone who had similar issues? Are the rubber buttons available aftermarket?
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180731_160319.jpg  

Old 31st July 2018, 17:16   #617
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I think you should go to someone more confident. This guy either doesn't know his job or is trying to pull a fast one on you.
Highly recommended guy from teambhp directory
Old 2nd August 2018, 11:56   #618
BHPian

I have a very noob question.
Is the Honda City 1.5 iVtec engine single VVT or dual VVT?

An early reply will be much appreciated.
Old 2nd August 2018, 14:24   #619
Senior - BHPian

VMT price hiked by about 25K. Last month the price was 9.99 lac . Insurance is being offered at Re 1/- but the higher tax bracket will make the VMT a lot more expensive in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-city.jpg  

Last edited by sdp1975 : 2nd August 2018 at 14:27.
sdp1975 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:30   #620
BHPian

I am in for some bad luck I guess. I had booked the City VMT Petrol and working through the Company Lease process, and this price hike will certainly impact my decision of going ahead with City. The Company Lease guy (Lease Plan) took 7 days to process the request, it was approved by my Org on 25-Jul, and he gave me the quote only today - sheer carelessness and mismanagement by them

Any idea what would be the OTR price in Bangalore for VMT Petrol with the price hike?

Looks like Yaris G model will have a little more takers now
Old 3rd August 2018, 18:03   #621

So I noticed this gap below the power socket in the center console around 2 or 3 weeks after I got the car in June 2018, not sure whether it existed when I took delivery. I could see a couple of wires behind it and also during the day I feel like I could see the ground through it, not sure if it's just the sunlight coming through the sunroof reflecting on some part behind the gap.

Since it was bothering me I mentioned it during 1st service at Brigade Honda Bangalore and after checking another 2014 model City, the service advisor says it's normal and that's how it's supposed to be. I ask him if I can check any other new city and so we checked another 2017 model in which the gap wasn't there. Unfortunately it was late in the evening when I pointed this out to him, since he forgot to get it checked even though I mentioned in the morning that day. He asked me to come again on Sunday.

As requested I went there again on a Sunday, met another service advisor, who went ahead and showed me 4-5 other City's with the same gap - some wider some smaller. I told him clearly that this wasn't acceptable, after which they raised the height of the bottom console and reduced the gap a little. But it still exists as seen in the picture below. He told me that if I wanted it fixed completely they'll have to remove the entire front console. So before they go ahead and do this in the next service, I wanted to know from fellow BHPians if this is usual and not an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180803_173508.jpg  

Old 3rd August 2018, 18:57   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashik93 View Post
So before they go ahead and do this in the next service, I wanted to know from fellow BHPians if this is usual and not an issue.
Here is how it looks like on my 2014 City...

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180803_184244.jpg
Connectivity Console - Looks Fine in This View

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180803_184303.jpg
Close Up View

When I took the first two pictures it looked like there is no issue...then I took the smartphone some distance back and tried multiple angles and finally captured the below:

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20180803_184447.jpg
Tilted View - Distance Increased

I will leave the judgement to you to say whether it is normal or not
vsrivatsa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 12:53   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
When I took the first two pictures it looked like there is no issue...then I took the smartphone some distance back and tried multiple angles and finally captured the below:
Yeah it's the same with my car too, it's only visible from a high angle while taking pictures but from our normal line of sight where we sit it's visible. Ideally I don't think it should be visible. I'll post an update after my second service.
Old 4th August 2018, 17:06   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashik93 View Post
So I noticed this gap below the power socket in the center console around 2 or 3 weeks after I got the car in June 2018, not sure whether it existed when I took delivery. I could see a couple of wires behind it and also during the day I feel like I could see the ground through it, not sure if it's just the sunlight coming through the sunroof reflecting on some part behind the gap.
There is no gap visible in my 2018 Honda City.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-plug-ins.jpg

Yours seems to be a case of poor build quality/ poor quality check which current honda city is famous for. Its better to adjust with it than asking service centre to open complete dashboard.
hotspot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 10:18   #625
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

I will leave the judgement to you to say whether it is normal or not
Well, this is a very small issue even for us petrolheads, obsessive with our rides.
IMO, please just refrain from thinking about it. It is just one of many quality issues the current gen City has been plagued by.
In fact the two City owners I know, a 2014 and a 2015 model, those vehicles are doing okay, with only a few quality issues, and not the ones that gave some city owners horrible days and nights like water seeping through and door unlock request sensors falling off.
So, enjoy your ride and for that itself, stop thinking too much about the niggles. Honda's cost cutting has been killing it for us. I myself just couldn't buy the City because of the threads and numerous posts about the fallen quality control and cost cutting in the 2014 City.
BTW the 2017 City looks much better, the subtle changes that Honda has done to the front and to the back, and those ugly alloys of the 2014 model being ditched have worked IMO. Even the paint seems to have a better gloss. So my question to 2017-18 model owners, has the quality improved in this facelift? Or is it just that the niggles kept coming down since the first few lots of the 2014 model?
Old 7th August 2018, 09:47   #626
BHPian

Honda Launches special editions of City(Edge), WRV(Alive) and BRV (Style).

Source: https://www.hondacarindia.com/
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-capture.jpg  

GRAND23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:23   #627
BHPian

Headlight Upgrade!

I plan to upgrade the headlight of my newly acquired City (Specifically the low beam)

I had almost finalised on to be launched Philips Racing Vision 150% bulbs as they are even better than Osram Night Breaker Laser. Also it has bagged the bulb of the year 2017 in UK. They are been launched in H4 & H7 socket type only. And as per user manual low beam is H11 and high beam is HB3 hence I cannot look forward to opting them.

Anyone here has changed their bulbs on 2017 City model to better ones? If yes which ones?

I would be glad if anyone could help me out.

Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 21:53   #628
BHPian

Re: Headlight Upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
I plan to upgrade the headlight of my newly acquired City (Specifically the low beam)

I had almost finalised on to be launched Philips Racing Vision 150% bulbs as they are even better than Osram Night Breaker Laser. Also it has bagged the bulb of the year 2017 in UK. They are been launched in H4 & H7 socket type only. And as per user manual low beam is H11 and high beam is HB3 hence I cannot look forward to opting them.

Anyone here has changed their bulbs on 2017 City model to better ones? If yes which ones?

I would be glad if anyone could help me out.

Thanks
I've been using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited (both Low & High beam) since last 1 year. The vision has slightly improved over the stock. I'm happy with it as my night driving is very limited and mostly within city limits.
samkat1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:02   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
I've been using Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited (both Low & High beam) since last 1 year. The vision has slightly improved over the stock. I'm happy with it as my night driving is very limited and mostly within city limits.

Thats great to hear. But the difference is definitely felt over the stock bulbs right? Also is the light output whitish or like stock yellow?
Old 24th August 2018, 14:14   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayhonda View Post
Thats great to hear. But the difference is definitely felt over the stock bulbs right? Also is the light output whitish or like stock yellow?
It's not whitish. There is certain improvement as compared to the stock for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks