Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2019, 19:21   #706
BANNED

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoticoreventon View Post
Meet Mr. Spock. My 9 month old VMT iVtec.

This is after a 3 hour wash and wax session. I am so proud of my work, I am even gonna go ahead and say this looks better than the 3M job.

The paint is protected as I point blank refuse the water wash provided at the service center.
Good job. How many kilometres have you covered till now?

Note: need more pics, make it rain.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 13:46. Reason: edited post to remove special characters
Old 14th February 2019, 13:44   #707
BHPian

Our 1 year old City VX CVT just recently hit the 7k km mark on the odo. During the last couple of drives, I noticed that the braking ability has slightly reduced. I' ve read earlier posts on this forum about members having to replace brake discs after driving 8k kms.

I was wondering whether this is a common complaint in all the new Honda City cars? or is it specifically for the City CVT cars only?

I would also like to add that the brake works fine at lower speeds (city traffic) and the problem arises during higher speeds, especially during highway driving.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th February 2019 at 13:48. Reason: Please don't give space between end of word and punctuation marks at end of the sentence.
Old 15th February 2019, 21:29   #708

reduction of 5% supplier base

by FY2021, we will be at 50% supplier base

This is my first post in our beloved team-bhp :-) I recently (July 2018) purchased a Honda City V MT which is my second car (my wife has an Alto K10 VXi). I have driven only ~3K kms so far and hoping to take it on a long drive to south Tamil Nadu in March. Based on my drive experiences (90% within the city and I do take it to airport once in a while), the car performance is phenomenal. The iVtec engine is such a pleasure to drive and I enjoy every moment of it!!

The only (so far) concern is the city's shoddy entertainment system. Though I had researched extensively before zeroing on it and knew that entertainment system is laggy, I didn't expect such a lag. It just freezes sometimes and the bluetooth quality is abymal. I have shown it twice to the Honda service center and each time they certify that its performing good (whereas its not). Also the pathetic maps which comes along with it (i-go) :-(

I went for City primarily because of its very good rear seat comfort (I had verna also in my shortlist and didn't choose it only for the above reason). My question is has any City owners installed any third party infotainment system? I was researching few and found Sony XAV-AX5000 6.95 to be really good (it also has Android Auto which would be an icing on the cake for me as I use maps literally every day). In case we install it, does the existing warranty go void?

I'm in two minds whether to go for it or get used to this crappy music system every day. Please help!!
Old 16th February 2019, 15:36   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
I'm in two minds whether to go for it or get used to this crappy music system every day. Please help!!
Posting the link to a team-bhp forum page based on this. Hope this helps

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...onda-city.html
Old 17th February 2019, 22:16   #710

Thanks a lot!! I will check the other forum and decide.
Old 18th February 2019, 13:37   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheknandan View Post
Hi Guys, anyone facing issues with the Cruise control?

Though I hardly use it on my 2017 VXMT, I tried it last week on a highway ride. The "Cruise" button gets on as displayed, however, once I press "Set", there is no display, neither the cruise control gets activated. Can it be due to the issues with the buttons itself?(Deposit of carbon etc) or anything else which I need to bring to the notice of my SE in my next service due in Feb.
Guys an update on this. I visited the service center over the weekend for a major(20K) service and mentioned about the Cruise Control issue. The SA took a test ride and figured out that the issue may be due to the Cruise Control reading the brakes getting engaged. I was infact feeling some amount of jerk during highway rides as well(which is kind of similar to what @durangodude had also highlighted). They did some disk clean up during the tyre rotation and the Cruise Control issue is fixed now.

The rattling sounds coming from the A pillar and dashboard are also gone. I wonder what exactly they do to fix it and if this is something which can be a DIY.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th February 2019 at 19:53. Reason: fixed typo
abhisheknandan is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 18th February 2019, 19:19   #712
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
Thanks a lot!! I will check the other forum and decide.
Do check out this Indian made music system called Hypersonic. I have read some really great reviews for this and they also supply the frame along for city.

Planning to buy one from them soon.

Hypersonic FB Page

The Great is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 22:31   #713

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Do check out this Indian made music system called Hypersonic. I have read some really great reviews for this and they also supply the frame along for city.

This is really great :-) Just went through their FB page and seems to be impressive. Will DM them for more details along with price. Not sure if Android Auto is supported since the HU itself seems to be purely out of Android (its more like a phone fitted in the frame)

Last edited by ampere : 18th February 2019 at 22:45. Reason: Removed video link from quoted post
Old 20th February 2019, 16:03   #714
Senior - BHPian

As I had posted on the 2019 Civic thread a lot of features on the upcoming Civic were already available on the top end City. So now by deleting a few features from the City do they want to make the Civic look more feature loaded and charge a premium for it?
Old 21st February 2019, 09:17   #715
BHPian

What's Honda trying to do now? I read an article just now which states that the new model misses out on some features compared to the 2018 model like LED headlamps, fog lamps, leather seats and soft-touch dashboard. And to compensate all this, they add LED tail lamps and revised trim pieces on the door pads. Is Honda being serious?

The 'V' variant is the most selling Honda City trim in general. People opted for 'VX' just for the sunroof and LED headlights. To get the LED headlamps, customer has to shell another 1.2L for the 'ZX' variant now. I personally was looking at the Honda City VX for quite sometime now, but this update just turned things.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2019, 23:53   #716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post
What's Honda trying to do now? I read an article just now which states that the new model misses out on some features compared to the 2018 model like LED headlamps, fog lamps, leather seats and soft-touch dashboard. And to compensate all this, they add LED tail lamps and revised trim pieces on the door pads. Is Honda being serious?

The 'V' variant is the most selling Honda City trim in general. People opted for 'VX' just for the sunroof and LED headlights. To get the LED headlamps, customer has to shell another 1.2L for the 'ZX' variant now. I personally was looking at the Honda City VX for quite sometime now, but this update just turned things.
Exactly. Everyone is trying to figure out not only who is making these ridiculous decisions about trims, variants, models, etc and more importantly what are they smoking. It's just stopped making sense anymore. I've a couple of folks too who were prospective buyers and are still reeling from disbelief from the said changes and can't imagine where is Honda getting to with this. Some still have their mouths agape in disbelief. Very irritatingly stupid, I must say.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st February 2019 at 23:56. Reason: No first letter also is allowed
Old 22nd February 2019, 21:38   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just got lucky and own a 2017 Honda City VX CVT. It's running like a dream and engine has become creamy and eager now and has enough power provided you don't give it the stick and drive it sedately. This is old image taken in 2017 on a foggy December morning at Muttukadu on ECR, Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-dsc_6400001_filtered-copy.jpg  

Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 17:54   #718
BHPian

I just came back from a Honda Dealership sometime back. Checked the 2019 City VX in flesh.

They're giving fabric seat covers, Halogen bulbs on headlight and fog lamps, the door handles have fibre now instead of leather.
And they've added rear parking sensors & LED tail lamps. I wasn't aware of the rear parking sensors.
They've reduced the price by 30k as per the SA. And almost 50k discount is going on.
Swapnil_Alto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 09:20   #719

Quote:

Generally one feels missed out when a facelift/ update models are released just within few months of you buying an outgoing model, but now I feel extremely lucky to have bought VX CVT in July 2018. I got all that I wanted in a premium car. Now the VX version doesn't make any sense and only thing that I feel Honda is doing here is trying to sell the more expensive ZX variant to the buyers wanting to have the premium feel in their car.
Cool_SRK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 18:57   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
10 inch system looks very good. Any idea what version of Android is it based on and the price? Also any idea if they provide installation in Bangalore?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks