Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2019, 13:37   #721
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
10 inch system looks very good. Any idea what version of Android is it based on and the price? Also any idea if they provide installation in Bangalore?
The 7 inch system is about 17k with the custom OE looking frame and it runs on Android 7 (2gb Ram and 16 ROM), which is the older generation one. This is available on amazon.

I have inquired about the 10 inch system to them which is the latest one and should have the latest updates.

Don't know about Bangalore installation, though the system features direct plug and play with the original socket provided by Honda which makes it compatible with the warranty too as we don't have to cut the wires, hence it should be an easy job for any local shop there.

The original android system from Honda, which is a replacement for the OE system, costs a whopping 78k plus gst here in Mumbai, which doesn't make sense to me.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2019, 13:47   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
I have inquired about the 10 inch system to them which is the latest one and should have the latest updates.

The original android system from Honda, which is a replacement for the OE system, costs a whopping 78k plus gst here in Mumbai, which doesn't make sense to me.
I am not worried about Honda Warranty as mine is 2014 City. But wanted to understand more on the warranty for the Head Unit that they provide.

Also the Touchscreen Sensitivity is another key thing we may have to figure out thru some demo if they are able to provide before finalizing. They claim it to be a HD Screen - any idea what is the resolution ? I dropped them a message on their Facebook page and have not received any response. Keep me posted on what you hear from them.
Old 28th February 2019, 22:42   #723
Senior - BHPian

Changed the battery for my key fob in just 2 years time on my 2017 Honda City VX CVT. I think the Keyless Entry system drains the battery faster.
Old 1st March 2019, 00:08   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Changed the battery for my key fob in just 2 years time on my 2017 Honda City VX CVT. I think the Keyless Entry system drains the battery faster.
How much does it cost? Did you change for both?
Old 1st March 2019, 16:33   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
How much does it cost? Did you change for both?
It's CR2032 got it from my general merchant and changed it myself. I haven't changed for the other, only for the one that's always in my pocket.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 15:26   #726
BHPian

Has anyone figured out an effective way to keep the black piano-finish panels clean ? Especially the area around the touchscreen and the gear tends to get messed up with dust & fingerprints and is also much visible from the rear (passenger) seat. I've been using the cloth that comes with spectacles for cleaning.

I'm eager to learn about any other remedy for this.
Old 2nd April 2019, 15:30   #727
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the PDF version of the user manual for the 2017 Honda City? the Honda India website does not provide the same. If anyone has this, it will be very helpful if uploaded here. Thanks!
Old 2nd April 2019, 15:40   #728
BHPian

Maybe this team-bhp thread will help.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...df-format.html (Download the Owner's Manual (of Indian Cars) in PDF Format)
Old 14th April 2019, 18:04   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Did you hear back from them on the details for the 10 inch system? I never heard back from them on the FB page and the number shown on the FB Page also no one responded properly.
Old 6th May 2019, 15:25   #730
BHPian

Team BHP,
Please advise the best way to update Google maps in digipad 1.0 of HONDA CITY 2017.
Old 12th May 2019, 23:46   #731
BHPian

My dad has been using fiat punto mjd for the past 9 years and finally decided to buy a new car since it is nearing 10 year mark. The car has done 80k kms and has been trouble free with good service support from fiat.

For our next car he wants to buy a petrol manual ( since our monthly driving is low and doesn't need diesel), but i am forcing him to buy petrol auto ( he has a weak left knee) . We have shortlisted Honda city, hyundai verna, Maruti Ciaz and Hyundai creta. Volkswagen vento and rapid were high on our list, but since one of our relative got transmission failure in less than 70k kms we have removed them.

We are ok with both new as well as used cars since we got some great deals for preowned ones. Since i am not in my home town my dad went to check out Honda City and also saw few preowned cars.
1. Honda city sv auto- 2016, 23000km-₹8lakh
2. Honda city zx auto- 2017, 15000km-₹12.5lakh
Both the cars have full service history but needs to do a pre purchase inspection.

Should we buy preowned or new?
Should we go for sv or zx? The sv model he saw had an aftermarket alloys and fog lamps. The only thing that we miss out is paddle shifters (don't care about sunroof, touch screen ice and other similar features). How useful is manual mode and paddle shifter?
Since my dad is slightly spoiled by punto will he be happy with Honda city in long run?
He did a short test drive and was happy with car except the poor quality.
How good/bad are the other cars i shortlsted when compared to City especially in petrol auto form? He hasnt done test drive of any other cars.
Old 13th May 2019, 00:24   #732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
My dad has been using fiat punto mjd for the past 9 years and finally decided to buy a new car...

...He did a short test drive and was happy with car except the poor quality....

....How good/bad are the other cars i shortlsted when compared to City especially in petrol auto form? He hasnt done test drive of any other cars.
If you plan on keeping this long-term, your Dad would probably appreciate something with a taller stance over a low-slung sedan. Ask him.

Check if any decent pre-owned Creta petrol autos are available. It's overpriced new, but is definitely a good car for a sedate driver, and pretty comfortable. The 1.6L petrol motor is smooth and refined, and shared with the Verna. Not the best FE-wise but your low running will ensure it doesn't pinch much.

Honda cars aren't what they used to be. Their global models are still well-made (CR-V has good fit, finish and material quality), but the City isn't what it used to be. It's a bit of an industry trend, not Honda-specific. The petrol motor is still the best in that size.

You probably won't find a like-for-like replacement for the Punto, ride & handling wise. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Happy car-hunting!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th May 2019 at 00:25.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:19   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Team BHP,
advise the best way to update Google maps in digipad 1.0 of HONDA CITY 2017.
Last time I checked, only the beta version of Google Maps could be accessed via Digipad. Here's how that can be done -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...pad-1-0-a.html

But I guess you could get Android Auto to work on your Digipad and use the later versions. I haven't tried this out though. Here's the thread on how to go about it -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...pad-1-0-a.html

Personally, I've just been using the preloaded MapMyIndia maps. My experience with it has been satisfactory so far - but of course, nothing can beat good ol' Google Maps.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 09:26   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If you plan on keeping this long-term, your Dad would probably appreciate something with a taller stance over a low-slung sedan. Ask him.

Check if any decent pre-owned Creta petrol autos are available. It's overpriced new, but is definitely a good car for a sedate driver, and pretty comfortable. The 1.6L petrol motor is smooth and refined, and shared with the Verna. Not the best FE-wise but your low running will ensure it doesn't pinch much.

Honda cars aren't what they used to be. Their global models are still well-made (CR-V has good fit, finish and material quality), but the City isn't what it used to be. It's a bit of an industry trend, not Honda-specific. The petrol motor is still the best in that size.

You probably won't find a like-for-like replacement for the Punto, ride & handling wise. They just don't make them like that anymore.

Happy car-hunting!
Creta was high on my list. But a very close friend of mine who has an sx petrol manual is getting less than 10kmpl.
That is too low. Maybe some creta peteol owners can clarify this.
Also we are open to both petrol and diesel. Since many diesel engines are superior to the petrol counterparts we are happy to shell out more money and get the diesel.
Old 13th May 2019, 10:16   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Creta was high on my list. But a very close friend of mine who has an sx petrol manual is getting less than 10kmpl.
Considering all the factors you have mentioned - adequate fuel efficiency, automatic transmission, hassle-free ASS, sedate driving - I would suggest you to go for the ZX CVT. Please do check for the lower variant (VX) if price is really a concern. With the VX, you only miss out on a few non-essentials. Build quality is comparatively a downside here, I agree.

City ZX gives a better mileage than Creta, around 10+ in cities & around 15+ in highways, provided you drive with a light foot. Paddle shifters are helpful only if your father likes to have a little fun while driving - it's of not of much use in bumper-to-bumper city traffic or for the sedate driver. If the former is the case, coming from a Punto manual, he will definitely find the City CVT more boring to drive.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 13th May 2019 at 10:17. Reason: typo
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks