Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2019, 10:16   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Creta was high on my list. But a very close friend of mine who has an sx petrol manual is getting less than 10kmpl.
That is too low. Maybe some creta peteol owners can clarify this.
Also we are open to both petrol and diesel. Since many diesel engines are superior to the petrol counterparts we are happy to shell out more money and get the diesel.
If fuel efficiency is priority, then the Honda City/ Verna/ Ciaz petrol powertrains will all make for a good buy. However, please do not expect miraculous figures in this segment, since users typically get anywhere between 10 kph and 12 kph in the city for these cars. On the highway, depending upon how conservatively you drive, the Honda City would give you 15-18 kpl. The Creta will have slightly lower numbers since it is a heavier car, for starters.

However, purchasing a diesel in today's day and age, when diesel vehicles are on the decline, and especially if your monthly running is not very high, purely for fuel efficiency considerations, does not make sense. There are fantastic petrol options available in the segment that you are looking at, and in my view, you should stick to those.
Old 13th May 2019, 12:29   #737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Considering all the factors you have mentioned - adequate fuel efficiency, automatic transmission, hassle-free ASS, sedate driving - I would suggest you to go for the ZX CVT. Please do check for the lower variant (VX) if price is really a concern. With the VX, you only miss out on a few non-essentials. Build quality is comparatively a downside here, I agree.

City ZX gives a better mileage than Creta, around 10+ in cities & around 15+ in highways, provided you drive with a light foot. Paddle shifters are helpful only if your father likes to have a little fun while driving - it's of not of much use in bumper-to-bumper city traffic or for the sedate driver. If the former is the case, coming from a Punto manual, he will definitely find the City CVT more boring to drive.
Is it worth spending almost 4.5 lakhs extra fo zx cvt when compared to sv cvt since we dont really need many features available in zx. I haven't looked at the full feature list of zx but from what i heard the only thing that we really care about is 6 airbags when compared to 2 in sv and paddle shifters (don't know how useful they will be to my dad).

Apart from that the Sv that we saw had fog lamps, alloy wheels, touch screen ice with android auto etc fitted by the current owner. Because of that it is hard for me to convince myself and get zx.
Please share your input.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:05   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Please share your input.
I suggested the ZX over the SV variant because I thought you would need an automatic transmission since you'd mentioned about your father's knee problem. If that's not an issue, then the SV fitted with alloys, fog laps & touch screen ICE sounds good. Most importantly though, you will miss out on those extra airbags.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 13th May 2019 at 14:06.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:07   #739
BHPian

Quote:
I suggested the ZX over the SV variant because I thought you would need an automatic transmission since you'd mentioned about your father's knee problem. If that's not an issue, then the SV fitted with alloys, fog laps & touch screen ICE sounds good. Most importantly though, you will miss out on those extra airbags.
The Honda City sv i was talking about is cvt.
Old 13th May 2019, 14:23   #740
BHPian

Quote:
The Honda City sv i was talking about is cvt.
Oh, so this is the pre-facelifted City. Then by all means, do go ahead with it.

PS - Check whether tyres have been upgraded from skinny 175s (OEM).
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2019, 18:27   #741
BHPian

Is there any way to make a 2016 city look like 2017 version externally?
The 2017 version looks much more elegant than the pre facelift model.
Old 13th May 2019, 21:31   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any way to make a 2016 city look like 2017 version externally?
You can get the front grill replaced. I have seen it for sale online on AliExpress & Boodmo. That's basically the main thing you can do. The rest depends upon how much you're willing to splurge on aftermarket mods which are all readily available.
Old 14th May 2019, 11:39   #743
BHPian

Quote:
You can get the front grill replaced. I have seen it for sale online on AliExpress & Boodmo. That's basically the main thing you can do. The rest depends upon how much you're willing to splurge on aftermarket mods which are all readily available.
Also which one is better between ciaz at and city at?
Main priorities are driving experience, comfort and overall quality.
I saw a 2017 ciaz at zxi+ with 15k kms for 8.9lakhs. Is it better than the 2016 honda city sv cvt with 24k kms for 8lakhs?
Old 14th May 2019, 11:58   #744
BHPian

Quote:
City CVT is arguably more smooth & refined. Nevertheless, I'd recommend extensive test drives before choosing one.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2019, 12:44   #745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Main priorities are driving experience, comfort and overall quality.
With regard to the driving experience, there is no comparison at all. The City's free revving iVTEC is way better than the Ciaz's K15B, in terms of immediacy of response, and of course mid range and top end power. The City's performance easily betters that of the Ciaz. In short, if you are looking for a more fun to drive car, walk away from the Ciaz and pick up the City.

One aspect which not many people talk about is that Honda City has a relatively more compact footprint than the Ciaz (or for that matter the Verna as well)- this is one quality that I really love. If you see a Ciaz and City standing next to one another, you will immediately perceive the City to be a slightly smaller car with a sleeker and more cohesive silhouette. However, Honda being the masters of space maximisation that they are, the interior space/ comfort in the City will not leave any room for complaints whatsoever. At the same time, its relatively compact exterior dimensions make it very easy to pilot around tight city traffic, and the car just wraps itself around you when you get behind the wheel. These are slightly intangible differentiators, but they make a big difference to the overall driving experience. Of course, the Ciaz is also a very comfortable car, with oodles of space inside, however, it is a trifle too long and ponderous for my liking.

Build quality wise, I think both are evenly matched. Nothing spectacular, but decent enough at their sticker price.

Test drive both, and see which suit your specific requirements better. When I bought my City earlier this year, the Ciaz was not even in my consideration because I simply found the driving experience to be yawn inducing. As a chauffeur driven car though, it will work quite well.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 14th May 2019 at 12:52.
arindambasu13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 21:45   #746
BHPian

I recently drove a 2016 honda city with 205 45 17 inch alloys with kenda tires ( is it good?). Even though the drive was smooth, i am not sure about its ride over broken roads when compared to r15 ( drive was through well paved roads).
Will it pose any problems in general day to day use?
The car has done 25k kms and i find tires to be better than general Indian brands. Does anyone have any experience with Kenda?
I am planning to buy this car and the car is probably going to spend 80% of its life in cities with average roads . Will this tire size pose huge problem?
This is the only deal breaker to an otherwise good deal.
Old 19th May 2019, 23:31   #747
BHPian

I have a 2019 City where the front bumper isn't visible. Most of the times I am okay but while parking when the gap is too less, I cannot tell if it's going to hit or there is gap! So far, my judgement was worked but I am bit anxious as it's a new car.

wondering if there are any tips from city owners on turning it in closed spaces or parking into tight spots?
gary4gar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2019, 01:53   #748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
ISo far, my judgement was worked but I am bit anxious as it's a new car.
You've answered your own question. Drive a couple of times in peak traffic and you will know exactly where the bumper and bonnet ends.
Old 20th May 2019, 08:01   #749
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary4gar View Post
wondering if there are any tips from city owners on turning it in closed spaces or parking into tight spots?
As you drive more in different conditions, your brain will record all those calculations and as time goes by you will no longer wish to see the bonnet edge to make the calculations. I graduated from a WagonR to City, and now I don’t feel any difference between driving both of the cars in any situations.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 15:24   #750
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hey guys. I have a problem. I gave my 2019 City VCVT for service at Cherish Honda, Mangolpuri, Delhi for some bodywork under insurance. I forgot to take the Navigation MicroSD card out and nor I was reminded of it by the advisor.

When I got the car back, the card was missing and nobody is ready to take responsibility for it. A new one is worth around 9000/-.

I understand it's on me that I forgot to take it out, does that mean anything I happen to leave behind in my car by mistake is presumed to be stolen? Where's the trust? Where's the responsibility?

Most Viewed