Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2019, 08:02   #766
BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Had a drive to see the sunrise at Mahabalipuram
Sir, if I'm not mistaken it has been more than 2 years since your purchase of the 2017 City CVT.

How has the experience been so far? Did you have any further problems after changing the brake pads? Have you noticed any rattles or change in fuel efficiency? How far up the odo has it been ?

Sorry, if I'm being intrusive, but yours was the first purchase & ownership review on this thread. I'd found your feedback very helpful while making my decision to buy the same car last year.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 15:32   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Sir, if I'm not mistaken it has been more than 2 years since your purchase of the 2017 City CVT.

How has the experience been so far? Did you have any further problems after changing the brake pads? Have you noticed any rattles or change in fuel efficiency? How far up the odo has it been ?

Sorry, if I'm being intrusive, but yours was the first purchase & ownership review on this thread. I'd found your feedback very helpful while making my decision to buy the same car last year.
It's been smooth sailing and it's become a lot more refined and return's around 10 kmpl in the city. After the disc change the brakes are fine. Thank you. Mileage is 13 k Kms

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th June 2019 at 15:41.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2019, 17:47   #768
BHPian

Can I connect my phone to my Honda City 2017 version Digipad 1.0 via HDMI port present. I want to avoid connecting wireless to it through Bluetooth for audio fidelity. I will play FLAC and also stream through Spotify. Is it possible?
Old 17th June 2019, 08:34   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible_driver View Post
Can I connect my phone to my Honda City 2017 version Digipad 1.0 via HDMI port present. I want to avoid connecting wireless to it through Bluetooth for audio fidelity. I will play FLAC and also stream through Spotify. Is it possible?
The manual says that it's possible. FLAC audio files work but all the song details will be shown as "Unknown". Please let us know if it works.

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_20190617_083255.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 17th June 2019 at 08:38.
Old 19th June 2019, 11:23   #770
BHPian

Is it a good idea to buy a city since the new model will be launched some time next year?
I was planning to buy a used Honda City cvt(2016) with 25k kms but i am held back by this news.
I was getting one at an incredibly cheap price.
Old 19th June 2019, 11:46   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
Is it a good idea to buy a city since the new model will be launched some time next year?
I was planning to buy a used Honda City cvt(2016) with 25k kms but i am held back by this news.
I was getting one at an incredibly cheap price.

Since you are looking for a used Honda city, i am not sure how will the new launch matter in your decision. Even if they launch it, it will be at least 2023 or so before you start seeing those cars in used market. If you are happy with the deal and car condition, its a safe choice i feel.

However If you are buying a new one(and can wait till March 2020) it is better to wait.
Current Honda city still scores so high as compared to its peers and one of the best "petrol" + "automatic" options out there.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 12:16   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Since you are looking for a used Honda city, i am not sure how will the new launch matter in your decision. Even if they launch it, it will be at least 2023 or so before you start seeing those cars in used market. If you are happy with the deal and car condition, its a safe choice i feel.

However If you are buying a new one(and can wait till March 2020) it is better to wait.
Current Honda city still scores so high as compared to its peers and one of the best "petrol" + "automatic" options out there.
The car i looked was a 2016 city cvt sv model which was converted to v model by the current owner. Price came down to 7.8 lakhs after some shrewd negotiation which makes the deal more tempting.

If we were to buy the upcoming city with cvt i guess it would be 14+ lakhs on road. Is it worth spending almost double on the upcoming city?
Old 19th June 2019, 12:32   #773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If we were to buy the upcoming city with cvt i guess it would be 14+ lakhs on road. Is it worth spending almost double on the upcoming city?
This is purely subjective question here. Firstly the new City might be seen on our roads only after 2020 march/april and with BS-VI etc and being a new model, expect the price to be more than the current V AT.

You seem to be convinced about the deal already. Are you planning to keep the car for very long time ? You can always upgrade/change after 3-4 years and save/invest the extra cash. This is my personal view.

P.S: I have been delaying my new purchase due to similar confusion(but i haven't found a very good used car deal yet)
Old 19th June 2019, 12:47   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
This is purely subjective question here. Firstly the new City might be seen on our roads only after 2020 march/april and with BS-VI etc and being a new model, expect the price to be more than the current V AT.

You seem to be convinced about the deal already. Are you planning to keep the car for very long time ? You can always upgrade/change after 3-4 years and save/invest the extra cash. This is my personal view.

P.S: I have been delaying my new purchase due to similar confusion(but i haven't found a very good used car deal yet)
We generally use the car for 8-10 years. Presently we have a 2010 fiat punto which will get replaced by the city.
Old 19th June 2019, 13:07   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We generally use the car for 8-10 years. Presently we have a 2010 fiat punto which will get replaced by the city.
Personally i feel that the current gen honda city doesn't have the build of previous generations(rattles and niggles etc). in a bid to compete with Maruti, they ended up making it like a Maruti. Since I do not own any Honda cars in my family, its better if existing owners comment on long term reliability aspect
rajshenoy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th July 2019, 09:24   #776
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone advise on how to turn on the auto-door lock feature when one turns off the car and walks away, having forgotten to lock the car manually? My earlier Swift used to have the feature, and used to lock automatically after 30 seconds or so of turning off the car. However, in the City I have noticed that it does not lock automatically and that the doors remain open even after a minute or more of the ignition having been turned off and the key being outside the car.

Help will be appreciated
Old 17th July 2019, 13:33   #777
BANNED

Quote:
I have a 2014 model Honda City and I do agree the plastics quality is nothing more than average. A number of rattles have cropped up especially at the dashboard area. I have covered 85,000+ kms till now. My brother-in-law has 2017 model (facelifted) Honda City. I have noticed better fit and finish in his car and till now his car is rattle free. So I think the facelifted Honda City is a better bet.

The engine and gearbox are still a Honda and I love the smoothness and the free revving nature of the engine. Another thing to note is the new City has slightly more stiff suspension compared to previous model, hence a slightly less cushioned ride is experienced.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2019, 15:03   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
It's CR2032 got it from my general merchant and changed it myself. I haven't changed for the other, only for the one that's always in my pocket.
Even I had to change the battery for my key fob after two years, it is better to check and change the battery in the duplicate key fob also as mine had drained even when let unused for two years!
One question popped up in my mind: how to start the car when the battery in the key fob is dead, say in case of emergency when you don't have a spare battery or your duplicate key fob is misplaced?
Old 25th July 2019, 17:09   #779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
Even I had to change the battery for my key fob after two years, it is better to check and change the battery in the duplicate key fob also as mine had drained even when let unused for two years!
One question popped up in my mind: how to start the car when the battery in the key fob is dead, say in case of emergency when you don't have a spare battery or your duplicate key fob is misplaced?
You just have to keep the key fob next to the start/stop button to start the car and it will work. There are many videos on Youtube illustrating how to start the car in case of dead key fob battery.
Below is one among them specific to Honda, but the procedure is same for all the cars.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2019, 02:11   #780
BHPian

Can the front brakes of a car get stuck when in parked position? If yes, what are the possible reasons?

Recently, my friend faced the same issue in his Honda City which is less than a year old. Dealer is stating that it happens usually in monsoon due to the water accumulated in the scoring area of brake pad and brake disc.

Please help.

Most Viewed