Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2019, 09:55   #781
BANNED

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraj.515 View Post
Can the front brakes of a car get stuck when in parked position? If yes, what are the possible reasons?
I have a question for you. How did your friend found out it is the front brakes which are stuck? Sometimes if we apply handbrake for some days (especially after a car wash), the next time when you start moving car the rear brakes may remain stuck. But once the car starts moving it becomes fine.
Old 31st July 2019, 10:23   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I have a question for you. How did your friend found out it is the front brakes which are stuck? Sometimes if we apply handbrake for some days (especially after a car wash), the next time when you start moving the car the rear brakes may remain stuck. But once the car starts moving it becomes fine.
He tried to get his car out of his parking space but he found that the car is not moving. At first, he also assumed that the parking brakes are the culprit. Later, he asked for breakdown assistance from Honda RSA. A technician arrived and tried to move the car and the car started rolling. He drove it off to the nearby Honda ASC.

After 4 hours, he gets a call from the service in charge that the front brakes were jammed due to water accumulated in the scoring area between brake rotors and brake pads. The brake rotors have lines on the surface. The brake rotors and brake pads need replacement. The service in charge suggested brake rotor skimming as a cheaper alternative for the solution.

My question here is "Why did it happen? Is it normal?"

The flatbed was about to arrive. It was arranged from another location by the RSA team because the only dealership in our town does not have the flatbed. The technician was sent by the dealership to attend the breakdown. He told that we have got a request from the RSA team to attend the breakdown. He drove it off to the workshop in spite of my friend insisting him multiple times not to drive it and wait for the flatbed to get the car transported to the workshop in the safest way. He completely assured him that there will be no problem driving it off t the workshop. My friend trusted him because of his firm assurance.

When my friend told the service manager that the rotors and pads are damaged due to driving the car by the technician, he simply declined his complaint. Further, he added that the technician drove the car upon your permission.

My friend has raised the complaint to the Honda Customer Care and waiting for the response from the upper authority at Honda. The car is in the workshop for the last 5 days.

He is asking for help from us BHPians.
Old 31st July 2019, 19:29   #783
BHPian

I need to replace my Stepney Tyre for my Honda City ZX CVT 2017 model. Currently the factory fitted Tyre is Bridgestone Ecopia 185/55/R16. I wanted to try Michelin tyre this time and when I checked in the Michelin website the Tyre size started only with 195 width for 16 inch wheel dia - for eg. 195/55/R16. However when I checked with one of the Tyre dealers he informed that 185/55/R16 is available- I am confused- is the dealer giving false info? Should I again go for My same Bridgestone Tyre- appreciate advice from Team Bhp
Old 1st August 2019, 19:33   #784

Hello guys, I have booked white city ZX CVT and just heard from a friend that the next generation city is around the corner.
Does any one have any idea about that? I can wait another 2-3 months more but if its later than that than i would not cancel the booking.
Please help.
Old 1st August 2019, 22:04   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praiththa View Post
Hello guys, I have booked white city ZX CVT and just heard from a friend that the next generation city is around the corner.
Does any one have any idea about that? I can wait another 2-3 months more but if its later than that than i would not cancel the booking.
Please help.
As far as public domain information goes, the new City will arrive only next year in Indian market. I suggest you go ahead with your booking given the great deals which are on offer at this time.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 15:05   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Please help.
Today I was at Honda dealer. They are expecting a launch in October this year.
evilminstrel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 23:05   #787
Senior - BHPian

Got the mandatory general service done on my Honda City VX CVT, there were no complaints: Charges ₹ 1533 just a diagnostic scan and fluid top up. The car was picked up and dropped by Capital Honda Meenambakkam. 13351 kms run in 2.5 years.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 13:05   #788

Hello everyone,
I continued with the booking and took the delivery of my ZX CVT white (named Shadowfax) on 16th aug, done 290 km until now.
Am all smiles.
praiththa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2019, 12:34   #789

Hi all,
has anyone noticed that the front windshield glass in honda city does not have rubber beading at the sides but only on the top and bottom margins.
All other cars i have seen has it. Even Jazz has it.
Will share the picture later.
Old 29th August 2019, 16:32   #790
Senior - BHPian

Had to change the RHS tail light as a two wheeler banged into me after I had to brake hard. Luckily nothing much to the bumpers: just tyre marks which I rubbed off. I thought I had a lucky escape after inspection, what I missed was a small hit to the tail lamp lens, it had cracked. Got in touch with Capital Honda, Meenambakkam and they ordered the unit and got it replaced today. Damages ₹ 1881 (inclusive of labor and spare part cost). Frankly I was surprised with the such a VFM cost of the tail lamp for the City (it's non LED) mine being a VX. On the way back I was smiling at the thought Honda didn't rip me off.
Old 29th August 2019, 19:24   #791
BANNED

Guys if you are looking for a good paint protection and water beading agent, try Gyeon Cancoat. Please check the below link.

Gyeon Cancoat (A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide)
Old 1st September 2019, 20:56   #792

Hello,
Few pictures of my Shadowfax:[ATTACH=33865F8C98B3446C82A929B09E10D3F7.jpeg]2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-fec48e5123b74728a34b93ac1f7e5368.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-94d29a7b83f0448a9f1e0a79d11a2cb1.jpeg

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-33865f8c98b3446c82a929b09e10d3f7.jpeg[/ATTACH]
One of them shows the side rubber bead region i was talking about..its not a problem, just noticed it so.
praiththa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2019, 13:15   #793
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone noticed that the front windshield glass in honda city does not have rubber beading at the sides but only on the top and bottom margins.
The City has thin rubber strips that are concealed behind the front glass and hence are not visible, but they are there.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 11:48   #794

I have given my 2018 City V MT for paid service today (~6.5K Kms). They have quoted me an estimate of ~6K. This includes "AC Evaporator Cleaning Treatment" of 2.3K, other than the Engine oil and the labour charges.

When I probed into this, the SA told me that this needs to be done once a year. Is this needed? Also considering the fact that City has 2 services every 6 months, we end up paying 13K per year :-(

Please share your thoughts.

I also filed a compliant on my Digipad 1 being very laggy, but as usual they haven't agreed to replace it with the latest one. Seems the 2019 City is coming up with Digipad 2 (but still no support for Carplay & Android Auto). Can any of the 2019 owners please confirm?

Thanks a lot everyone for the great insights.
ramvarvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2019, 13:25   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
I have given my 2018 City V MT for paid service today (~6.5K Kms). They have quoted me an estimate of ~6K. This includes "AC Evaporator Cleaning Treatment" of 2.3K, other than the Engine oil and the labour charges.

When I probed into this, the SA told me that this needs to be done once a year. Is this needed? Also considering the fact that City has 2 services every 6 months, we end up paying 13K per year :-(

Please share your thoughts.

I have Feb 2014 City diesel model and have done multiple paid servicing so far. The car is clocked more than 60K on the odo but till date never done this "AC Evaporator cleaning treatment". When ever I go to serving, they offer me such fancy things but I ask them get the service manual and do the thigs only which are mentioned in the manual. Average cost of Diesel car serving for me till date at the authorized dealer is ranging 5000-6000.

Honestly, till date the AC working is top notch and cooling is effective. No smell, No issue so far.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks