Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2019, 13:36   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
I have given my 2018 City V MT for paid service today (~6.5K Kms). They have quoted me an estimate of ~6K. This includes "AC Evaporator Cleaning Treatment" of 2.3K, other than the Engine oil and the labour charges.

When I probed into this, the SA told me that this needs to be done once a year. Is this needed? Also considering the fact that City has 2 services every 6 months, we end up paying 13K per year :-(

Please share your thoughts.

I also filed a compliant on my Digipad 1 being very laggy, but as usual they haven't agreed to replace it with the latest one. Seems the 2019 City is coming up with Digipad 2 (but still no support for Carplay & Android Auto). Can any of the 2019 owners please confirm?

Thanks a lot everyone for the great insights.
Digipad gripes are about the only issues I have faced in my ownership of the City. I had a couple of instances of the system hanging up or behaving erratically. On one occasion, I switched off, restarted the car, and in the small time window of the screen starting up, I did a system reset. No issues since the past 2months . I was told to take a video of the behaviour and have been offered a replacement for any future issues.
Old 16th September 2019, 07:12   #797

Thanks for the feedbacks. I asked the SA not to do the AC Evaporator Cleaning part and had the usual service done (came to around 4K). W.r.t Digipad, I was also told to take a video and send incase of issues, when we checked with the SA, it seemed to work well though there is a noticeable lag. I'm definitively contemplating replacing mine with some 3rd party like Sony after the warranty period is over (I definitely need the Android Auto)
Old 18th September 2019, 17:02   #798
Senior - BHPian

Had a 840 kms round trip to Dindigul from Chennai. It was a smooth drive with 4 on board and luggage. Went for a wedding and stayed at the Ramora Grand, Dindigul. Chennai to Dindigul an early start on 15th, Sep, 2019, by 6-30 am with half hour breakfast at Aaryas at Tindivanam we reached our hotel by 12-30 pm. (6 hours). On the way back we started by 12-15 pm on 16th, Sep, 2019, we reached by 7-15 pm due to traffic in the Chennai City and a heavy down pour on the way (7 hours). Mileage 14.97 kmpl. All shots on iPhone X. Ended up driving 13 hours in a little more than 36 hours wasn't tired at all. Highlight of the trip was a sumptuous lunch at Venu Biryani after the 6 hour drive to Dindigul.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_64873.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_64902.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_65012.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 18th September 2019 at 17:06.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 17:17   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Had a 840 kms round trip to Dindigul from Chennai. It was a smooth drive with 4 on board and luggage. Went for a wedding and stayed at the Ramora Grand, Dindigul. Chennai to Dindigul an early start on 15th, Sep, 2019, by 6-30 am with half hour breakfast at Aaryas at Tindivanam we reached our hotel by 12-30 pm. (6 hours). On the way back we started by 12-15 pm on 16th, Sep, 2019, we reached by 7-15 pm due to traffic in the Chennai City and a heavy down pour on the way (7 hours). Mileage 14.97 kmpl. All shots on iPhone X. Ended up driving 13 hours in a little more than 36 hours wasn't tired at all. Highlight of the trip was a sumptuous lunch at Venu Biryani after the 6 hour drive to Dindigul.

Thanks for posting this dude Durango. How's the city for the lower back. I have a lower back issue and hate sedans, but have just booked a V MT now in the modern Steel Metallic shade. Did Blr-Goa last year and that was no problem in my Creta.
akshays is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 18:24   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshays View Post
Thanks for posting this dude Durango. How's the city for the lower back. I have a lower back issue and hate sedans, but have just booked a V MT now in the modern Steel Metallic shade. Did Blr-Goa last year and that was no problem in my Creta.

I've had no problems with City seats. It's comfy and with height adjust you can get a comfy driving position. Hope you took a TD prior to booking.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 18:33   #801
BHPian

Quote:
I've had no problems with City seats. It's comfy and with height adjust you can get a comfy driving position. Hope you took a TD prior to booking.

It's actually funny or not so funny. The immediate 3 cars purchased - City, Nano, Figo in that order have been booked without even having sat inside the cars. Past 2 decisions were perfect
Old 18th September 2019, 21:43   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's actually funny or not so funny. The immediate 3 cars purchased - City, Nano, Figo in that order have been booked without even having sat inside the cars. Past 2 decisions were perfect
Before zeroing on the Honda City, I did a TD of the Etios, Verna, BR-V, Polo GT TSI, Ciaz Automatic and manual and finally the City CVT. You can't go wrong with the Honda City, but it's always good to do a TD before spending money to see if the car satisfies your requirements. Since you say you have back pain, I suggest you do a TD to see if it suits you.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 18th September 2019 at 21:44.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 22:03   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Before zeroing on the Honda City, I did a TD of the Etios, Verna, BR-V, Polo GT TSI, Ciaz Automatic and manual and finally the City CVT. You can't go wrong with the Honda City, but it's always good to do a TD before spending money to see if the car satisfies your requirements. Since you say you have back pain, I suggest you do a TD to see if it suits you.

Point well taken and believe it makes sense if I'm going to cash out a bit
Old 19th September 2019, 07:27   #804
BHPian

Quote:
If you have a lower back pain then it is always advisable to go with a SUV. Sedans don't have good ingress and especially City and VW/Skoda are low seating cars.

I too have lower back pain and have gone through a minor slip disc as well. Even though the City fares well in most parameters, I would highly recommend you to look for alternatives like Nexon, Creta or the newly launched Seltos.
Old 19th September 2019, 07:56   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
If you have a lower back pain then it is always advisable to go with a SUV. Sedans don't have good ingress and especially City and VW/Skoda are low seating cars.

I too have lower back pain and have gone through a minor slip disc as well. Even though the City fares well in most parameters, I would highly recommend you to look for alternatives like Nexon, Creta or the newly launched Seltos.

Thanks mate. You are right, sedans in general are low seating and point well taken. I'm giving away my Verna for this precise reason and the fact that the 1.6VTVT came with a hydraulic rather than an E PS. This will be majorly used by my wife while I am happy with the Nano. For the highway runs, I have a Creta that does it job fairly well.

For now I have a final nego price on the V MT-11.8OTR with all cooked including a car cover and seat covers. Any benefit on the GST will be passed on to me beyond the no mentioned above.

Offtopic- I drove past a white Seltos last evening and must say the pearl white looked very impressive, a rather good change from the front fascia of the Creta.
akshays is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 18:58   #806

Quote:
Hey there,
I recently bought Honda city and i too faced low back pain in the first few days, but then i started using the pillow provided in ascessories as lumbar support.. no problems since then.
praiththa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2019, 07:51   #807
Senior - BHPian

Did a 560 kms round trip to Kumbakonam and back end of last month with 4 people and luggage also went to the Upilliappan Temple (5 hr to and 7.5 hr fro due to Chennai outskirts traffic). Drove for 12.5 hrs in 36 hours. The drive was smooth and City delivered a mileage of 14 kmpl. All shots on iPhone X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
I may differ with you, City has one of the best seating in sedans: seats are high, ingress/egress is not an issue. I would say Ciaz comes next to the City is seating comfort. Agreed VAG sedans and even my old Elantra have low set seats.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6586.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6587.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6619.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6643.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6647.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_6655.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 7th October 2019 at 08:11.
Durango Dude is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 18:18   #808
BHPian

I own a 2017 Honda cityZX and will be going out of station for a week - do I need to disconnect the battery before I go out of station? Please advise
Old 19th October 2019, 18:26   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSP View Post
I own a 2017 Honda cityZX and will be going out of station for a week - do I need to disconnect the battery before I go out of station? Please advise
Nope, not required at all.
Old 9th November 2019, 14:17   #810

Hello, I am going on a long highway trip (1500 km round trip), needed guidance about the recommended tyre pressure for my city zx cvt - will be with four passengers with luggage.
This is the first time i am taking my shadowfax for such a long drive
Any other pointers for the same would also be appreciated, thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks