Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2019, 14:57   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by praiththa View Post
Hello, I am going on a long highway trip (1500 km round trip), needed guidance about the recommended tyre pressure for my city zx cvt - will be with four passengers with luggage.
This is the first time i am taking my shadowfax for such a long drive
Any other pointers for the same would also be appreciated, thanks.
I would stick to the recommended tyre pressures, maybe +1 psi all round (33/31) to compensate for any instrument errors. By the way, on my highway trips in the City ZX, I always get the sense that it is a delicate/petite gal wearing party shoes for a marathon sprint, but I am proven wrong every time, and the car acquits itself decently well with its road manners. I dont know whether it is a mental block about the supposedly barely adequate tyre size.
fhdowntheline is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 16:41   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praiththa View Post
Hello, I am going on a long highway trip (1500 km round trip), needed guidance about the recommended tyre pressure for my city zx cvt - will be with four passengers with luggage.
This is the first time i am taking my shadowfax for such a long drive
Any other pointers for the same would also be appreciated, thanks.
From the comfort point of view, I haven't checked by tyre pressures in a long time (after my Dindigul trip: which was way back on 15th, Sep, 2019) and when I filled the tank today checked it and was 28-29 psi which is comfortable in the urban environment and broken backroads. I'd suggest a tyre pressure of 32 psi if on well paved highways or 30 psi if it's going to be badly broken. I got a milegae of 9.96 kmpl on a full tank with the reduced (but comfy) tyre pressures all in the urban environment.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 11th November 2019 at 16:42.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 14:02   #813

Did a round trip of 1800 km, kept the pressure at 32 and 30 psi - road manners and comfort levels were awesome .
got milage of 13.5 for whole trip (according to car meter).
praiththa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 12:51   #814
Senior - BHPian

Did a weekend trip to Kumbakonam and back. A round trip of around 590 kms. The onward journey was a little hectic: had to wake up at 2.30 am drop daughter of at airport as she was going to Singapore on an educational trip, came home caught some sleep and started the drive at around 8-15 am and reached Kumbakonam at around 2-15 pm, 6 hours at a leisurely pace with breakfast at Manoj Bhavan, Mamandur. After lunch sleep hit me on the head like a brick and slept for almost four hours till 7 pm went Temple Hopping (Sarangapani and Ramaswamy Temples) after that. Fastag worked well. Mileage: 15 kmpl with 4 persons and luggage. Returned the next day started at 3-30pm and reached by 10 pm encountered traffic on Chennai out skirts. The sunset on the way back just before A2B on NH 45 was a sight to behold and parked safely and took a few pics. All images iPhone 11 Pro Max. forget compact pro cameras like Fuji and Leica, iPhone 11 is the one to have, night mode just rocks and dynamic range is phenomenal.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7919003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7923003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7924003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7926003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7931003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_7993003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_8001003-copy-2.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_8012003-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_8015004-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 10th December 2019 at 12:55.
Durango Dude is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 15:57   #815
Senior - BHPian

BS6 Honda City launched with Digipad 2.0 with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and features such as voice commands, turn-by-turn navigation, Bluetooth and wireless infrared remote.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...9-91-lakh.html (BS6-compliant Honda City petrol launched at Rs. 9.91 lakh)

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-digipad-2.png

can we have this in 2017-19 Honda City? Digipad 1.0 is the the only thing I don't like in 2017 Honda City.
mukeshgoel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 20:28   #816

Completely agree with you Mukeshgoel. The only blip in Honda City is its crappy infotainment system. I have been waiting for it to get upgraded / replaced, but whenever I ask the SA folks, they indicate its not possible. In fact I even wrote a mail to Honda asking if we can replace Digipad with Digipad 2. It will be really great if the existing BS4 versions of 2017 City get Digipad 2. In case any of you get it, please let me know.
ramvarvish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 21:06   #817
BHPian

Hey guys,
Few questions about the ZX CVT:
1.How is the suspension at the front and the back?
2. How does the gearbox perform on the Highway? ( I read that it's a CVT+ AT)
3. How is the bite of the brakes and do the horns require an upgrade?
4. Is the rear bench comfortable for tall passengers (5'10 and 6 feet)
Thank you
Old 14th December 2019, 22:22   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey guys,
Thank you
Hey Sreesh

1) The front suspension is a staple Mcpherson strut and a torsion beam at the rear. At City speeds, ride quality is decent, although I wouldn't say it's exceptional. However, it gets better with increase in speed. On undulating roads, uneven patches and expansion joints, there is a fair
amount of vertical movement and the car won't stay stable. Where the city's suspension really shows it's bad side is on broken/bad tarmac. The ride gets crashy and most bumps filter into the cabin.

2) The 1.5 + CVT combo performs pretty well on the highway, once you learn the characteristics of the CVT gearbox. Where the gearbox really shows its weakness is when you suddenly floor the throttle, probably for an overtake manoeuvre. There's an increase in RPM and engine noise, but no corresponding increase in speed (the rubber band effect). Pedal to metal doesn't work here, only soft accelerator inputs do. The S mode on the gearbox does make a difference on the highway since it stays in a lower gear and gives instant response, and also aids engine braking. Manual mode can also be accessed using the paddle shifters.

3) One thing I love about the City are the brakes. Brake pedal bite is sharp and the brakes are very strong. Braking from high speed makes the car stop in a straight line with zero fuss.
The dual horn on the City is absolutely horrible and an upgrade is a must!

4) The rear bench has loads of legroom and decent under thigh support for someone of decent height. Even a 6 footer sitting behind a 6 foot driver will have more than adequate legroom. The seat is well cushioned and is very comfortable, even on long drives.

Regards
Prathik
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:27   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Thank you
1) Depends on what car you own at present; I moved 'down' from an old gen Elantra so felt the suspension to be hard, but now after almost 2.75 years of ownership I've gotten used to it.
2) It performs flawlessly on the highways.
3) Brake's are good; horns definitely need and upgrade, that said I haven't upgraded it yet.
4) I wouldn't know as no one's that tall in my family; that said it's probably the most comfy backseat in this segment. Even the front seats are high set with comfy ingress-egress.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 14th December 2019 at 22:29.
Durango Dude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 22:55   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
1) Depends on what car you own at present; I moved 'down' from an old gen Elantra so felt the suspension to be hard, but now after almost 2.75 years of ownership I've gotten used to it.
2) It performs flawlessly on the highways.
3) Brake's are good; horns definitely need and upgrade, that said I haven't upgraded it yet.
4) I wouldn't know as no one's that tall in my family; that said it's probably the most comfy backseat in this segment. Even the front seats are high set with comfy ingress-egress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prathiiik View Post
Hey Sreesh

1) The front suspension is a staple Mcpherson strut and a torsion beam at the rear. At City speeds, ride quality is decent, although I wouldn't say it's exceptional. However, it gets better with increase in speed. On undulating roads, uneven patches and expansion joints, there is a fair
amount of vertical movement and the car won't stay stable. Where the city's suspension really shows it's bad side is on broken/bad tarmac. The ride gets crashy and most bumps filter into the cabin.

2) The 1.5 + CVT combo performs pretty well on the highway, once you learn the characteristics of the CVT gearbox. Where the gearbox really shows its weakness is when you suddenly floor the throttle, probably for an overtake manoeuvre. There's an increase in RPM and engine noise, but no corresponding increase in speed (the rubber band effect). Pedal to metal doesn't work here, only soft accelerator inputs do. The S mode on the gearbox does make a difference on the highway since it stays in a lower gear and gives instant response, and also aids engine braking. Manual mode can also be accessed using the paddle shifters.

3) One thing I love about the City are the brakes. Brake pedal bite is sharp and the brakes are very strong. Braking from high speed makes the car stop in a straight line with zero fuss.
The dual horn on the City is absolutely horrible and an upgrade is a must!

4) The rear bench has loads of legroom and decent under thigh support for someone of decent height. Even a 6 footer sitting behind a 6 foot driver will have more than adequate legroom. The seat is well cushioned and is very comfortable, even on long drives.

Regards
Prathik
Thank you for the answers. I'm upgrading from a Honda Amaze. The problem I have with the car is the suspension is mediocre at best. Also it's more of a city car than a highway one. The other car on the table is a Hyundai Creta but I'm a little skeptical about its long term reliability and service costs. Will TD both and come to a final verdict soon.
Cheers!
Old 14th December 2019, 23:04   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the answers. I'm upgrading from a Honda Amaze. The problem I have with the car is the suspension is mediocre at best. Also it's more of a city car than a highway one. The other car on the table is a Hyundai Creta but I'm a little skeptical about its long term reliability and service costs. Will TD both and come to a final verdict soon.
Cheers!
Then may be if you're looking for a sedan, you should give the Ciaz and the Yaris a try and see what suits you. I suggest you TD, the City and above 2 and then decide, also checkout the Verna, if you're looking for a sedan.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 01:55   #822
NPX
BHPian

Quote:
3. 4.
Bite is far far far better than amaze. It gives you a lot of confidence on highway.
Also, Headlight throw is not up to the mark for highway runs. Please do upgrade if you are going for the City.

I'm 6'1. No problem at all at the back in the City. Much better than Ciaz & Verna.

Last edited by NPX : 15th December 2019 at 01:57.
NPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2019, 08:59   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvarvish View Post
Completely agree with you Mukeshgoel. The only blip in Honda City is its crappy infotainment system. I have been waiting for it to get upgraded / replaced, but whenever I ask the SA folks, they indicate its not possible. In fact I even wrote a mail to Honda asking if we can replace Digipad with Digipad 2. It will be really great if the existing BS4 versions of 2017 City get Digipad 2. In case any of you get it, please let me know.
can the existing ICE be changed to Digipad 2.0? Is Digipad 2.0 ICE offered as an accessory
Old 17th December 2019, 17:50   #824
Senior - BHPian

Leisurely short ride down the ECR from Chennai to Mahabs to see the sunrise on Sunday, 15-12-2019. Also did some birding at the Muttukadu ECR Bridge. Mostly iPhone 11 Pro Max (Mahabs and shot of the Honda City) birds and Muttukadu scenes Nikon D3200 + Tamron 150-600mm. Also spotted an LTD stickered Innova Crysta on the way back at the toll plaza, this toll plaza is non-Fastag till date.
Attached Thumbnails
2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_81862_snapseed.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-img_81902.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-81213.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8133.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8137.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8139.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8145.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8147.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8161.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8171.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-8172.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-9857-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-9943-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-9949_snapseed_filtered-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-9962-copy.jpg  

2017 Honda City Facelift : A Close Look-topaz-9965-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Durango Dude : 17th December 2019 at 17:54.
Durango Dude is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2019, 13:53   #825

Hi all, I recently lost the rubber button (for car lock-unlock) on the drivers side door handle, don't know where and how.
Rest of the handle is fine with all sensors working. I showed it to the Honda service centre they said I will have to replace the whole handle as rubber button is not available separately. And it will cost 5k. kindly help.

Most Viewed