Team-BHP - The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/184808-2020-next-gen-mahindra-thar-driving-report-page-86-a-29.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reinhard (Post 4676860)
Its the MRF Wanderer - 245/75R16. Its clearly visible in the last of the set of pictures Tushar posted above. Its a close up of the tyre specifically.
Link - Post above on this page.

Looks like MRF is specifically making them for new gen Thar. MRF website does not list this specific size for Wanderer AT. This is good. I have been hunting for this specific size for some time now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by howler (Post 4674793)
None of the ‘hard-core’ off-roaders I know would even go within a mile of a thar for serious off roading. Enlighten me on the high benchmarks that this model set ?please: ? The owner s I know love they way they look but hate almost everything else about it from the quality, ride and continuous niggles .
No offence to Thar owners but it’s about time we call a spade a spade. I’m hoping for better things with the new gen Thar and it should cover all the deficiencies of the original thar.

It would be interesting to know just what the term 'hard-core' off-roader means. Not the kind, I hope, who go hunting in packs & spend a day splashing about in mud and other assorted "off-road" trails, with a decent safety-net of other like-minded individuals around them

I understood the term to mean the few intrepid souls who go out on their own to get to a place (usually far from civilisation & without a well demarcated approach) which is largely inaccessible to lesser mortals like me. Such individuals can be found on these pages, though rare.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shashanka (Post 4677649)
It would be interesting to know just what the term 'hard-core' off-roader means. Not the kind, I hope, who go hunting in packs & spend a day splashing about in mud and other assorted "off-road" trails, with a decent safety-net of other like-minded individuals around them

I understood the term to mean the few intrepid souls who go out on their own to get to a place (usually far from civilisation & without a well demarcated approach) which is largely inaccessible to lesser mortals like me. Such individuals can be found on these pages, though rare.

Hahaha ! Just quoting the same term maverick has stated in his post, but we’re both on the same page. Unfortunately or fortunately, the place where I’m from ‘off roading ‘ is a way of life given the terrain and general absence of roads in many parts. We fall into the latter category. Function usually takes precedence over form in such situations

If this would be launched in AutoExpo 2020 shall we expect the sales by Mar'20 ?

Anyone heard about the news recently ?

Next-gen Thar expected to make its debut at the Auto Expo 2020. :Cheering: March might be too early for sales to start. I'm waiting for the same :D

Mahindra’s Next-gen Thar Will Also Get A Petrol Mill And Automatic Transmission.

Quote:

-The petrol option alongside the diesel could be the 2.2-litre engine axed from the XUV500 updated to BS6 norms.
-It could also feature a 6-speed torque converter along with the expected 6-speed manual gearbox.
-Will get minor cosmetic enhancements on the outside compared to its predecessor.
-Interior layout will be completely revamped alongside additional features.
-Expected to carry a hefty premium over the current Thar 700 owing to its upgrades
The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-mahindra0.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-mahindra0-2.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-mahindra0-1.jpg

Link

The interiors are sure a step forward and the Automatic is an excellent addition. But the Thar still doesn't seem to have internally adjustable mirrors? I am not even talking about electrically adjustable or foldable. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron_head (Post 4691070)
The interiors are sure a step forward and the Automatic is an excellent addition. But the Thar still doesn't seem to have internally adjustable mirrors? I am not even talking about electrically adjustable or foldable. :Frustrati

The mirrors you see are just dummies. The new ones will be adjustable internally.

Looks like Mahindra has appointed an independent agency - The Womb, to handle advertising for the Thar relaunch. Budget allocated is 50crores, as per the below media report.

https://www.exchange4media.com/adver...cy-100799.html

A friend shared these couple of pics of the next gen Thar that he saw around Pune.

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screenshot_2019111500013701.jpeg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-screenshot_2019111500013401.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by //M (Post 4693144)
A friend shared these couple of pics of the next gen Thar that he saw around Pune.

Attachment 1935131

Attachment 1935132

This post is the source of this news published on cartoq! clap:

https://www.cartoq.com/production-re...ra-thar-spied/

Any other leaks / updates about the 2020 Thar? Dimensions?

Quote:

A friend shared these couple of pics of the next gen Thar that he saw around Pune....

The rear lamp cluster and the front turn signal clusters are rather pathetic. Hoping that the actual launch model will have better better fitments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by howler (Post 4677665)
Hahaha ! Just quoting the same term maverick has stated in his post, but we’re both on the same page. Unfortunately or fortunately, the place where I’m from ‘off roading ‘ is a way of life given the terrain and general absence of roads in many parts. We fall into the latter category. Function usually takes precedence over form in such situations

Well put. We have spent a good part of the past couple of decades traipsing around Uttaranchal and there too, the absence of good roads - or the total absence thereof over parts of it! - is a fact of life.

And yet, after reading the photologues of some of the folks here (and doffing my hat to them, may I add!), I feel I'm an amateur in their company!

MOD Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

The news of Thar coming with a petrol+Automatic combo has gotten me all excited! Hope they give us a 4x4 in this too. Any other Petrol+Auto+4x4 combos around?

Quote:

Aah! the P-51 Mustang!!clap:

MOD NOTE: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.
We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Found these today on NH 32. Apologies for the photo quality, it was cloudy and on the other side of the road as I stopped for a coffee break.The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-20191214_145147.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-20191214_145203.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-20191214_145202.jpg

The 2020 next-gen Mahindra Thar : Driving report on page 86-20191214_145153.jpg

The more I look at it, the less it looks like a Jeep (e.g. Classic) and the more it looks like a hybrid of Scorpio & Wrangler.

Don't know if that is for the better or worse.