Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 14:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: End of the road for Honda Mobilio

@smartcat: You can actually earn rewards equal to Rs. 3000/- per new car purchase referred by you. Honda buddy program or something.
But coming back to the thread, what safety issues are detailed by Honda? Being a Mobilio owner, I'm worried. Will the company be recalling all Mobilios?
Overall I'm happy. Getting a mileage of 18 kmpl in city and 16 in the highway. Comfortable on a recent trip with 6 adults and 2 children and luggage for 2 days. Lot's of rattles, engine cuts off at 140 kph, The thing I miss most is bluetooth connectivity.
@mi2n: The mobilio is >4m in length, Engine >1.4L and GC> 180mm so there are no sops. Ertiga gets all 3.
wildsdi5530 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2017, 14:17   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
@mi2n: The mobilio is >4m in length, Engine >1.4L and GC> 180mm so there are no sops. Ertiga gets all 3.
I think you have mistaken. Both cars are over 4 meters in length, above 180mm in Ground Clearance and have sub 1.5 L diesel engines. Both are in the same tax bracket. Kindly refer to the official review for the specifications.
mi2n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 00:43   #33
RSR
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand what safety issue Honda India is taking about!

Global NCAP crash tested two Indian Mobilios - one with 0 airbags and another with 2 airbags.

Mobilio with 0 airbags = 0* G-NCAP rating (as expected):

Mobilio with 2 airbags = 3* G-NCAP rating:

Clearly, Honda has to merely make dual airbags standard on the Mobilio for it to get an acceptable 3* G-NCAP rating. And mind you, G-NCAP's 40% frontal offset test is carried out at 64 kmph, which is tougher than the upcoming BVNSAP offset test which will be carried out at only 56 kmph.

Clearly, Honda merely want to dish out some excuse for discontinuing the Mobilio, and hence are stating safety and the upcoming BVNSAP test as the reason.

I'm sorry, Honda! The mainstream media morons and lay people who believe the mainstream media morons may believe the reason you provided for axing the Mobilio, but not those who know a thing or two about cars.

Last edited by RSR : 5th March 2017 at 00:59.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th March 2017, 13:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Honda still sells Mobilio? That it self is a news for me :P Last 6 months it was not selling at all. I don't remember when i last saw new Mobilio on Pune's streets. New Ertiga killed Mobilio with its long feature list and reasonable pricing.

On the lighter note, Honda should hire T-BHP before launching cars and finalizing pricing. I am sure they will do lot better with T-BHP people than they are doing now
Old 5th March 2017, 14:17   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Clearly, Honda merely want to dish out some excuse for discontinuing the Mobilio, and hence are stating safety and the upcoming BVNSAP test as the reason.
I've been wondering about this as well. However, it's surprising that a company would announce that it's car is not safe enough for the upcoming norms and withdraw it. The negative publicity is not really something they would want, right?

Ideally, if they wanted reasons, they should have discontinued Mobilio when BRV came out.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 08:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

While the Brio platform does have more failures than successes, the Amaze has brought in the numbers.
Agreed. But I also truly believe, that the current gen Amaze should always have been the one to be launched from the day one, instead of carrying forward those plain-jane Brio interiors. That would have given Amaze some amount of respect and pretty better numbers than what it did initially.
Old 6th March 2017, 10:42   #37
Senior - BHPian

The only Mobilio I liked was the RS edition. Those small cosmetic jobs that Honda did made a world of a difference. As for the standard edition Mobilio, I thought the car looked ungainly. On the subject of looks, it is the Ertiga for me.

Sure, it shared the same dashboard layout of several other small Suzuki cars. In comparison, the Mobilio's dashboard was spartan. The drivers cockpit is more comprehensive on the Suzuki too. Sitting inside a Mobilio, there is absolutely nothing in it that made you feel you were travelling in a car that costs a little over 10lac. This to me is very important for the private car buyer.

Space and comfort was the only trump card of the Mobilio. Yes; it had superiors engines but nobody cared about it. I traveled in one courtesy Uber. It was very comfortable. Reviews suggest a noisy diesel. I thought it was not too intrusive.

In line with what FM su1978 has said, I guess the dealers themselves were disgusted when they saw the Mobilio. Can't blame them can you. From selling a segment best City (for years in a row), to a sharp and stylish Civic (A car that appeals even today) and Accord, the Mobilio isn't remotely close to what Honda are known for. We are talking about a brand that was the Mercedes of the segment.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2017, 11:52   #38
BHPian

Well, it was a product with mixed approach to start up with. It was neither a complete SUV to attract enthusiasts nor a flexible MUV to attract fleet operators. It neither had those sporty looks to attract young boys nor did it have a matured look to attract settled men. Neither a butch (masculine) form nor an intricate (feminine) form. Neither was it a style statement nor a status symbol.

No wonder the Mobilio ended up standing in a No man's land.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks