Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2017, 00:16   #31
BHPian

Re: The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Earlier I assumed CLIMBER to be the off road edition of successful Kwid with more ground clearance and manual mode in AMT but at the end they offered only cosmetic changes. Such a nice branding wasted
Even I thought the same way.The name Climber gives that impression.
They could have saved this name for some future iterations of Duster or another future SUV, rather than wasting it on the cosmetic mod of an entry level hatchback.

With no features that do justice to the Climber tag, like 4WD, hill-hold control, increased ground clearance or atleast even a marginal increase in the engine's output figures for namesake, I wonder why they had to give it a name like this!

This name creates over-expectation and may be that's why some of us are disappointed when we find out that there is nothing inside to justify that name.

With another no-nonsense name, this would still be a passable special edition according to the "high standards" set by MSIL for special edition cars in India.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 10:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How it actually looks. These images give a realistic view:
I am not sure how realistic those images are. The two gentlemen look bigger than an average Indian, making the car look smaller
Old 17th March 2017, 07:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

""The Renault Kwid Climber has been developed keeping in mind specific customer needs and caters to diverse audiences, becoming the perfect offering for young achievers who are moving up places steadfastly," Renault India Operations Country CEO and MD Sumit Sawhney told reporters here."

How does adding some highlighting Orange strips here and there, cater to specific customer needs?
Old 17th March 2017, 08:05   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I had checked out the car. Absolutely no difference except for some cosmetic nightmare. But loved the steering. Here's the price difference (Cochin):

Kwid 1.0 Ltr RXT MT - 4.71L on road
Kwid 1.0 Ltr RXT MT (Climber) - 5.13L on road

Kwid 1.0 Ltr RXT AMT - 5.18L on road
Kwid 1.0 Ltr RXT AMT (Climber) - 5.46L on road
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2017, 15:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
The only factor that might sell this offering is the color, Electric Blue, which looks mesmerizing. Below are the new features offered (nothing to drool about)

Attachment 1617010

Just booked a climber AMT for my father-in-law. He needed a small car for short local trips. These wheels are not alloy rather they are normal steel wheels with alloy like cover.

Booked it at Noida Renault. Bad buying experience. All sales guys are shady, trying to sell add-ons at exorbitant cost. For example as per Renault site "basic kit" is 2700 (car cover, mudflaps, carpet mats etc) and they are selling it for 5000.

They charged me "handling charge" of Rs 6000. As per them this is mandated by Renault. Did not had time to waste for a 5 lac odd car so just booked and got over with it. On Road Noida 5,32,000/- purely cosmetic but looks good.

I advised him for Hyundai grand i10 automatic as I drove it in Mauritius while on vacation for few weeks and I liked it.

Initial test drive was disappointing with AMT lacking hold and creep functions.

I will try to do a review when we pick the car in a week's time.

Last edited by rishi_kapoor : 11th May 2017 at 15:20.
Old 11th May 2017, 18:29   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYSTEMIZED View Post
Earlier I assumed CLIMBER to be the off road edition of successful Kwid with more ground clearance and manual mode in AMT but at the end they offered only cosmetic changes. Such a nice branding wasted
Ha ha! We ought to know better don't you think?
"Social Climber" is probably nearer the mark!
Old 14th May 2017, 13:36   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor View Post
Just booked a climber AMT for my father-in-law. He needed a small car for short local trips. These wheels are not alloy rather they are normal steel wheels with alloy like cover.

Booked it at Noida Renault. Bad buying experience. All sales guys are shady, trying to sell add-ons at exorbitant cost. For example as per Renault site "basic kit" is 2700 (car cover, mudflaps, carpet mats etc) and they are selling it for 5000.

They charged me "handling charge" of Rs 6000. As per them this is mandated by Renault. Did not had time to waste for a 5 lac odd car so just booked and got over with it. On Road Noida 5,32,000/- purely cosmetic but looks good.

I advised him for Hyundai grand i10 automatic as I drove it in Mauritius while on vacation for few weeks and I liked it.

Initial test drive was disappointing with AMT lacking hold and creep functions.

I will try to do a review when we pick the car in a week's time.
Dealers are not authorized to charge handling charges. You can shoot an email to the Renault Customer care and that will take care of this.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2017, 11:13   #38
BHPian

Another special edition of KWID to mark the second anniversary and attract footfalls in the festive season.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/r...-rs-3-43-lakh/
Old 25th November 2019, 14:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks to Aditya for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Attaching photos of the Renault Kwid testing on the old Mumbai Pune highway. Looks like the Climber edition mostly.
The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-kwid-climber-1.jpg

The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-kwid-climber-2.jpg

The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-kwid-climber-3.jpg

The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-kwid-climber-4.jpg
ChiragM is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks