Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2017, 09:12   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: February 2017 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
1. Price- I would keep this as number 1. Indian market is very value conscious. If the promised 1 lakh car had come this would really have taken off in a big way.
It was actually quite the opposite. The sentiment of owning the cheapest car didn't go down with the aspirational Indian middle class segment. In hindsight if Tata would have just marketed it as a competitor to Alto then the car might have fared better.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 09:22   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
It was actually quite the opposite. The sentiment of owning the cheapest car didn't go down with the aspirational Indian middle class segment. In hindsight if Tata would have just marketed it as a competitor to Alto then the car might have fared better.
Exactly. Even I think that marketing the product as the cheapest car, cost them the sales. It was even termed as poor man's car.
Old 9th March 2017, 16:42   #63

There is no mention of Isuzu in the chart? Does that mean they have not even sold 500 V-Crosses since its launch. I do not think so.
Old 9th March 2017, 23:46   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
4. Wonder who is lapping up the 6,000 odd Maruti Eecos. Not many are visible on the roads.
One word: Interiors! This car is a superhit in the interior areas. During my recent road trip to Rajasthan I saw thousands of Eecos on the road in Gujarat - all CNG.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 00:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
One word: Interiors! This car is a superhit in the interior areas. During my recent road trip to Rajasthan I saw thousands of Eecos on the road in Gujarat - all CNG.
I agree with you, same is the case with Maruti Omni. During my Konkan trip last Dec, I went into the interiors of Ratnagiri District (Guhagar, Ganapati Pule, Arey-Warey, Ratnagiri, Pawas). The cars with the maximum sightings were the Eeco & Omni. I see a couple of reasons for this:
  • Maruti's service network to the remotest areas, ensures that even if you get stranded on the road, help would be just a phone call away.
  • Both these cars have rear wheel drives. So when these cars are fully loaded (which they often are), they can easily pull the load.
  • Both these cars have very short turning radius, hence are easily maneuverable in the small by-lanes of interior regions.
  • Both the cars are very flexible/ versatile, can be utilized to carry goods as well as passengers
No wonder then, with the above attributes and many more these cars are not showing any signs of aging or slowing down on the m-o-m sales charts.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2017, 11:04   #66

My opinion on the SUV sales.

The Fortuner seems to be doing good numbers. Another example of how a great brand image can sell a vehicle.
The Endeavour although more capable is suffering mainly because the ford badge doesn't carry the same brand perception as the Toyota.

The HEXA - Since its a very recent launch so we may expect some fluctuations in volume while manufacturer tries to ramp up production. Based on the good reception of this production, I would expect the volumes to stabilize at a higher value may be couple of months down the line.
Old 10th March 2017, 16:03   #67
BHPian

Few observation that's seemingly amusing

1. Datsun has better market share in India than Cheverolet, Nissan, Fiat and Skoda. Datsun sells 2 cars for every 1 Cheverolet sold.

2. Renault-Nissan Alliance(+ Datsun) is slowly stacking up models and their volume together is pretty good (almost 3rd position). Is the case than Nissan seem to have considered India as 'budget' market and pushing Datsun?
murajith is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks