Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2018, 15:16   #16

Re: Well-maintained 15 year old car in Delhi NCR - Now what?

Hi,

I have a Delhi DL registered 2001 Model Zen LX ODO at 70000 which is in pristine condition.Car is in Mumbai and we are still using it for local movement in our campus. We are moving out of campus to a Society in Navi Mumbai.Need help if some one could guide the process of getting NOC from Delhi and get it re-registered in Navi Mumbai.
Old 29th March 2019, 15:41   #17
BHPian

Dear BHPians, can anyone help me how to get NOC from Delhi RTO. I want to sell my 9 year old car outside Delhi and need help.
Old 29th March 2019, 15:56   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM_360 View Post
Hi,
I have a 1999 Lancer GLXi (1.5 Petrol) in Ludhiana, Punjab. It was re-registered in 2015 after RC expiry which is now valid till 2020. I am about to move to Faridabad due to Job change. I am concerned whether I would be able to use my well maintained ~75000 kms run Lancer in Delhi-NCR? I will be travelling frequently from Faridabad to Greater Noida via Delhi on weekends to my cousin's place.
So, will I be able to drive my car regularly in Delhi-NCR without any fear of law breaking? The car has complete paperwork good for use in Punjab as per my knowledge but I am not clear with Delhi-NCR rules. My permanent address will still be of Punjab.
As far as i know, vehicle older than 15 years even with non-NCR registration are not allowed on Delhi roads.
Old 29th March 2019, 15:57   #19
BHPian

Even I have done the same; exchanged my Honda City 2004 (for a Vento TSI ) for an amount very close to what Nexa dealer has offered to you. I was aware that probably I could have fetched more resale value for her but I wasn't ready for the hassles that would have come along with it. I think 60k is a fair price for a 15 year old Accent. If I were you, I would have grabbed it before the dealer changes its mind.
Old 29th March 2019, 17:15   #20
BHPian

The dealers are very dubious .. I sold my car similarly to a dealer 1 year back , and it is still running in my name. As per Supreme Court, the official name in RTO records is considered owner of car and is responsible in case of any liability or mis-use of car. Delivery note and other such documents do not carry legal weightage
Old 29th March 2019, 22:29   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Hi,
Dealer says they will scrap the car (but I really doubt that).
This dealer claiming to 'scrap the car' is analogous to iPhone buyback companies that claim to 'dispose off e-waste responsibly'. Both cases, will refurbish the sold item and sell it elsewhere for a fat profit.What is scrapping mechanism in our country anyway?

The value quoted seems reasonable and it would be wise to go for it and save yourself the hassle of trying to sell outside. Other states would sing the same tune and try to lowball quoting that this is a NCR car.
Old 30th March 2019, 00:48   #22
BHPian

You have obviously two choices, Exchange or Sell.
If you can procure NOC, you will be able to sell it for Rs.70-80K or more depending upon condition.
There will be buyers in Haryana/Punjab who know the NGT rule and waiting for your car to be on sale.

Exchange would be hassle free. If you are okay with 10-15K less, it makes sense in all possibilities.
Old 21st September 2019, 12:35   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
Hi,
My relative has a 15 year old Petrol Hyundai Accent GLS in excellent running condition. Unfortunately the registration is expiring in May and as the vehicle will complete 15 years the registration cannot be extended in Delhi/NCR. (infact, I am told 100 kms around NCR).
I have a similar situation with my 2004 Toyota Corolla which is set to complete 15 years next month. Would love to know how did you finally disposed your car. Thank you.
Old 28th September 2019, 17:11   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
I have a similar situation with my 2004 Toyota Corolla which is set to complete 15 years next month. Would love to know how did you finally disposed your car. Thank you.
I still could not find any satisfactory answer if I could roam around in my 22 year old Contessa in Gurgaon Particularly if I get it re-registered out of Delhi NCR and have all the valid documents.

Expecting answers from experts.
Old 29th September 2019, 07:33   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashdel View Post
You can sell it to Cars24 and the likes if they offer you a good enough price ( considering the peace of mind that comes with it). The other option is to list it online and you will find many out of state buyers willing to take it from you. They need to get an NOC from Delhi RTO (costs approx 6k) and then re-register it in their state. The problem is the price you will get here is also going to be a lower than your expectation as the buyer knows you are out of option and it is sort of a forced sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpuneet View Post
I still could not find any satisfactory answer if I could roam around in my 22 year old Contessa in Gurgaon Particularly if I get it re-registered out of Delhi NCR and have all the valid documents.
Replied to your post in the other thread. The answer is NO. You cannot legally run your car older than 10 years for diesel and 15 years for petrol in Delhi/NCR, regardless of your state of registration.

Last edited by drmohitg : 29th September 2019 at 07:34.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:01   #26
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed - Sell or keep a 15 year old Esteem VX in delhi with 40000kms on it

My friends parents live in Delhi and are retired. They have a 15 year old Esteem VX with 40,000 kms in it. They do not use the car often, but it is a nice to have for the family in some situations. There are three options which are available:

Keep the car - Can the FC for a 15 year old car be done in Delhi? It is a petrol vehicle.
Sell the car to a private party. This way someone can use it and the family will get a decent price for the same.
Scrap it. This is the last option and they are being offered around 40k if they scrap the vehicle.

Trade in - Sell the car to a dealer and buy some of the latest vehicle? Due to the lower running of the car, makes it a hard choice.

Can the vehicle FC be done? I am not from delhi, but have heard some stories on older vehicles being ineligible to get an extension on?

Is there any other option available?

Thanks in advance.
Maddy
maddy42 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:09   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice needed - Sell or keep a 15 year old Esteem VX in delhi with 40000kms on it

If your car is already 15, and registered anywhere in the NCR, it could have been deregistered. So there's no choice other than sending it to the scrapyard. Even before the deadline approaches for deregistering (10 years for diesel and 15 for petrol) , it is impossible to get a NOC to sell it outside the NCR.
You have not said about the place where it is registered.Even if its registered outside the NCR, you need to get a fitness certificate from the respective RTO. Thereafter, it's advisable to dispose it of , as keeping a 15 year plus old car in the NCR could be a perpetual irritant with the owner.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 23rd February 2020 at 20:11.
anjan_c2007 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:10   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice needed - Sell or keep a 15 year old Esteem VX in delhi with 40000kms on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Keep the car - Can the FC for a 15 year old car be done in Delhi? It is a petrol vehicle.
Petrol vehicles of 15 years are banned in Delhi, so there is no way you can keep it. If possible, find a seller outside and get a NOC. Else you will need to scrap it.

ps: the ban for Diesels is 10 years.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:13   #29
Senior - BHPian

If you do it now, you can extend the FC on the Esteem. The earliest you might face issues with FC extension is post BS-VI coming into effect. With the amount of running your parents do, I would suggest extending the FC and keeping the Esteem. There is only one thing to be aware of. Spares for the Esteem are slowly getting more difficult. The only reason I sold my parents 2007 Esteem is it took Maruti a month and a half to get some SGP/MGP spares after an accident where the oil sump and front cross member needed to be replaced amongst a few other things.
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 20:51   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pganapathy View Post
If you do it now, you can extend the FC on the Esteem.
Prashanth - the car is in Delhi. Delhi has a ban on 15+ year old petrol vehicles. If the car is close to 15, then wont even be able to get a NOC to transfer it out of state - forget renewing FC
condor is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed