Team-BHP - The 2017 Force Gurkha
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The 2017 Force Gurkha (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/185323-2017-force-gurkha.html)

A much better looking Gurkha at last!! Available in 3 and 5 door configuration!

Website is up now - http://www.forcegurkha.co.in/

Further read - http://indianautosblog.com/2017/03/2...aunched-261143

this looks good enough even against a G Wagen.....till you step inside! Would it really kill Force India to give half decent interiors to match the stunning exterior looks? This vehicle has the potential to be the Indian equivalent of a Defender if not the G wagen. If only the company has the inclination to do something about it.

FORCE should seriously pitch this against THAR but before that they may require to spruce up the dash (at the least). Give that windshield a little sharp corner, HID headlights and may be a two step roof rather than one that is increasing in height towards the rear. I cannot contemplate the flow of rain water falling on your windshield while waiting for lights or at standstill during monsoons with that roof design.

Quote:

Originally Posted by himanshugoswami (Post 4166589)
Would it really kill Force India to give half decent interiors to match the stunning exterior looks? This vehicle has the potential to be the Indian equivalent of a Defender if not the G wagen. If only the company has the inclination to do something about it.

I guess that leaves an opportunity to companies like Chelsea Truck Company to plug in that gap. This company takes the mundane Defender and does its magic to make it luxurious and more desirable.

anybody interested?

Looks stunning indeed, from the outside but hold on... the engine?! Would I pay 12+ lac on-road (in KA) for something that develops a meager 85 bhp and 230 NM? Anybody's guess...

Edit - just saw the complete list of specs. Imagine this engine pulling a 2.5 ton vehicle :eek: What an abysmally low power:weight ratio. What were the chaps at FM smoking when they approved this "re-launch" :Frustrati Really sad to see such potent vehicle being wasted...

The Xpedition (5-door) is cheaper than the Xplorer (3-door). The price difference is 1 lakh on ex-showroom in Karnataka. But the Xplorer has higher ground clearance than the Xpedition (by about 1.5cm) and is lesser than 4m in length (at about 3992mm) thus getting the excise benefit. Did not see any other difference apart from these.

So then why is the 3-door Xplorer more expensive than the 5-door Xpedition?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownThinker (Post 4166688)
The Xpedition (5-door) is cheaper than the Xplorer (3-door). The price difference is 1 lakh on ex-showroom in Karnataka. But the Xplorer has higher ground clearance than the Xpedition (by about 1.5cm) and is lesser than 4m in length (at about 3992mm) thus getting the excise benefit. Did not see any other difference apart from these.

So then why is the 3-door Xplorer more expensive than the 5-door Xpedition?

The pics below have the answer to your questions and doubts (Brochure attached for reference):

Quote:

Originally Posted by VKumar (Post 4166705)
The pics below have the answer to your questions and doubts (Brochure attached for reference):

Well, I guess then the communications department at Force motors is asleep. The website claims both variants to have 4x4

Screenshot of their web-site giving the specs.
The 2017 Force Gurkha-gurkha.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeantownThinker (Post 4166723)
Well, I guess then the communications department at Force motors is asleep. The website claims both variants to have 4x4

Screenshot of their web-site giving the specs.
Attachment 1620608

What you are watching is about 3 door and 5 door version. Now the explorer version is available in both 3 door and 5 door trims, so probably they have decided not to put the specs of expedition version on the website.

EDIT: They have given both the options on the top, you can click on expedition version and it will appear that expedition as no 4x4.
The 2017 Force Gurkha-gurkha.jpg

This one looks good and its direct competitor Thar doesn't have an OE hardtop. But I hope they fixed the shortcomings before asking for 12Lacs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anil Vincent (Post 4163946)
The original build quality of body works in Gurkha is pathetic, Rameshan and his team at Marvel Auto was found very much excited and highly involved with this modification works he has attend to every minute details, every weak or shabby body joints are reinforced and all the areas suspected to generate cracks are strengthened with mig welding. We tried to eliminate vibrations and rattlings as much as possible.

Quoted from:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...-makeover.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by VKumar (Post 4166737)
What you are watching is about 3 door and 5 door version. Now the explorer version is available in both 3 door and 5 door trims, so probably they have decided not to put the specs of expedition version on the website.

EDIT: They have given both the options on the top, you can click on expedition version and it will appear that expedition as no 4x4.

Damn, this getting ever more confusing. They have given the specs of the 3-door AND 5-door Xplorer as well as the specs of the 5-door Xpedition. But in the pricing given for Xplorer it does not mention whether it is for the 3 door or the 5 door.

So... what are the safety features provided in the 2017 Gurkha, apart from seat belts?

Obviously, no air bags, no ABS, no TCS or EBD. I guess the Gurkha moves very slow thanks to the weak engine, therefore no safety features are required.

A more squat design will give it better appearance, IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 4166808)
A more squat design will give it better appearance, IMO.

It already seems to be weighing high on appearance but low on safety, features and power. Besides, not sure if the A.S.S. has improved at all. I doubt even giving it the hummer like stance you are suggesting is going to make for any increased sales. Force just doesn't seem to have money or inclination to seriously run this project. :D

The Gurkha still remains a vehicle for those who can run and maintain their cars by themselves. Even they probably have a headache once in a while!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 4166789)
no air bags, no ABS, no TCS or EBD. I guess the Gurkha moves very slow thanks to the weak engine, therefore no safety features are required.

The specification sheet and feature list do not even mention 'safety'.

The brakes have 'LCRV', and there are 'front and rear steel bumpers', if that is of any comfort.

And as you rightly said, this is a vehicle that is not going to be driven extensively on open roads with any significant traffic, and so regular safety equipment is in turn not significant. stupid: Or should we say "a vehicle that is not going to be purchased by any significant number of people"?

However, I still feel that with better marketing effort and service back up, this vehicle could be made into an option for those looking at the Mahindra Thar.