Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2017, 10:48   #286
BHPian

I was looking out for a Trailblazer here in Delhi- NCR. All the dealers I talked to on the phone said that they have sold out all of their stock. Even though I saw two Trailblazers at one showroom at SDA, South Delhi.

So, if the dealer only is not interested in getting his stock out. Who can we blame.
Old 12th June 2017, 15:25   #287
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Buying a chevy now will be the most foolish decision. Even if they offer it at half the price, my opinion is to stay away from them. What you gain now will be losing during service, indefinite wait and resale.
The decision was made for me. The dealership sold out the stock before I could decide
Old 22nd June 2017, 21:02   #288
BHPian

Some relief for Chevrolet Owners

With Chevrolet shutting shop, any good news would be a welcome one.
I sure hope something works out.

https://www.gaadi.com/car-news/chevr...tent=Read_More

Mods - can you please post in the right thread, dont know where to post.
sparky@home is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 14:25   #289
BHPian

It is such a pity that Chevrolet had to shut shop in India. No doubt it was management apathy and poor planning that killed Chevy. I have fond memories of the Opel Astra, it was my first experience of a "German", "luxury" car and I was in awe.
Even now, most of the Chevy Beat and Tavera Ubers that I've traveled in seem quite tight. Can't say the same about the Enjoy though.
I was channel surfing on YouTube and I found some of the best videos that Chevrolet India had produced during their heydays. I think they are certainly some of the best brand films that I've come across.

Credit to the respective uploaders.
TejasKinger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2017, 16:51   #290
Team-BHP Support

GM dealers to protest at Jantar Mantar on Tuesday over 'inadequate' compensation
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...n-2312061.html

Quote:
GM is reportedly offering just 10-15 percent of the total investment its dealers made in setting up the showroom infrastructure as compensation. Dealers are even considering filing a class action lawsuit against GM in the US over the "inadequate" compensation offered to them
Quote:
Meanwhile, General Motors India said it has now begun regular shipment of the sedan version of Chevrolet Beat from its Talegaon export hub to Latin America markets. A consignment of 1,200 Chevrolet Beat sedans was on Monday loaded for shipping to Latin America, following the start of production on June 5. GM India said, “Our Talegaon facility is a key export manufacturing hub for GM. GM India’s exports have more than tripled in the past year. GM was India’s third largest passenger vehicle exporter in May - recording our highest monthly total of vehicle exports at 8,297 units.”
Old 27th June 2017, 13:20   #291
BHPian

The updated Chevrolet Beat has been launched in Mexico. It is largely based on the previous gen Beat and which has been renamed as "Chevrolet Spark Classic". (Some habits never change!!)

Measuring 3,635 mm in length, 1,597 mm in width and 1,522 mm in height, the new Chevrolet Beat is 40 mm shorter, 1 mm narrower and 27 mm lower compared to the old model. The wheelbase (2,375 mm) remains unchanged and the headroom has increased by 8 mm at the front and by 5 mm at the rear. The rear legroom has improved by 32 mm.

On the outside, the 2018 Chevrolet Beat features 14-inch alloy wheels, roof rails and door mirrors with electric adjustment. On the inside, the car is equipped with 60/40 folding rear seats, rear defroster, electric windows, steering wheel with audio controls, 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and 6 speakers. On the safety front, the car is equipped with front disc brakes, ABS and dual front airbags.

Prices:
  • Chevrolet Beat LS – MX$1,52,500 (INR 5,48,468.78)
  • Chevrolet Beat LT – MX$1,69,000 (INR 6,07,811.31)
  • Chevrolet Beat LTZ – MX$1,95,400 (INR 7,02,759.35)
Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatfrontthreequartersinmotion.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatfront.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatprofile.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatrearthreequartersinmotion.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatdashboard.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatinstrumentcluster.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-2018chevroletbeatinfotainmentsystem.jpg

Last edited by PraNeel : 27th June 2017 at 13:40.
PraNeel is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 17:30   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
GM is burning too many bridges. In effect, it is sealing any future opportunities to re-enter the country. Dealers who have invested crores & have stuck with the brand through thick & thin are unhappy with the settlement offered. Peugeot left the country in a hurry and had to watch all the action from the sidelines. I'm afraid GM is being penny wise & pound foolish here.

Source & Full ET Article
They wont be back, the market is too saturated and expensive for the likes of GM to have a second look. India might be a large car market but only 30% of the remaining market share is where 15 odd car makers compete for; after one takes Maruti and Hyundai out of the equation.

Considering the cost of set up, localization, marketing, homogolation etc....the pie is way too small to make a profit out of.

The only other niche is the premium end of the business and Cadillac will have a near impossible task to make any impact in India.

My fear is if this move by GM will give other struggling companies ideas as well!

Last edited by tsk1979 : 29th June 2017 at 07:59.
shortbread is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2017, 19:51   #293
BHPian

Well GM never did justice with the Indian market. They got the Chinese models and ruined their own reputation. I feel sad to see a car like Cruze dying in India. Its a fantastic car and absolute breeze to drive. GM you don't deserve good markets like India.
rajamuneeb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 01:27   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
GM dealers to protest at Jantar Mantar on Tuesday over 'inadequate' compensation
Here are some videos that I came across on YouTube. What is really shocking is that GM made false promises like 10 new models being launched, 10% market share and huge investment. What's worse they made the dealers renovate their showrooms for new launches and then shut shop.
I hope GM dealers get justice and our Govt intervenes to prevent this "Chalta Hai" attitude that is hallmark of such companies.
When they have given proper compensations in other countries, then why not in India?

Last edited by PraNeel : 29th June 2017 at 01:29.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 06:08   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...5242&type=News

Withholding service support from customers to put pressure on GM India? This will finish off whatever goodwill is remaining.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 20:55   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Withholding service support from customers to put pressure on GM India? This will finish off whatever goodwill is remaining.
Well, the dealers do not care about the customers. Many of them, would soon take some other manufacturer's dealership, in the same building.

Why would they care? We are not going to blame them for what has happened.

Also, sharing a screen capture of the OLX app in my area. It portrays, what was on expected lines, GM cars flooding the used car market.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-screenshot_201706292044161937863488.png  

ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 21:12   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Also, sharing a screen capture of the OLX app in my area. It portrays, what was on expected lines, GM cars flooding the used car market.
The prices seem to be mouth watering . I won't hesitate to pick the Spark up if prices are that low.

In my place , the prices are still on the higher side though similarly there are a flood of GM vehicles unloaded as a knee jerk reaction.
Old 22nd July 2017, 19:57   #298
Senior - BHPian

Saw these pics on whatsapp via Powerdrift page.

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-20245635_1649395705094708_1337694242104945398_n.jpg

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-20264969_1649395735094705_7083299024988277367_n.jpg
sidindica is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 16:50   #299
BHPian

Any update on the existing stock at Chevrolet factories. Can there be further cuts in prices? The prices of used Cruze and captiva are eyewatering for existing owners, but for a potential buyer they raise a few eyebrows. Wondering if its worth taking the risk.

Last edited by kvish : 23rd August 2017 at 16:51. Reason: grammar
Old 27th September 2017, 09:57   #300
BHPian

I dont have confidence in both service centers Ocean (Pashankar, Bawdhan) and Platinum, notorious for tactics ala inferior service and the day light robbery. I believe with the walk out of Chevrolet from sales, would give license to fleece even more.

Any reliable private service center to take care of my Cruze (6.5 years owned) in Pune? Many Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks