Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2017, 23:36   #301
BANNED

Re: Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8

I am interested in buying the upcoming Ecosport and went through the thread just to get an idea on the Future of Ford. I personally love the company's products overall, but I am equally doubtful on the company's future. What if the company's best selling product, the upcoming Ecosport fails to garner the sales that the company expects?
This is especially important as I intend to own the car for quite a bit of time.
I would have infact booked the Nexon, had it not been for its niggles.

And the only other choice, after these two, for me, is the Baleno RS, which honestly my heart doesn't want to go with.
Old 30th September 2017, 09:34   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanket View Post
I am interested in buying the upcoming Ecosport and went through the thread just to get an idea on the Future of Ford. I personally love the company's products overall, but I am equally doubtful on the company's future. What if the company's best selling product, the upcoming Ecosport fails to garner the sales that the company expects?

This is especially important as I intend to own the car for quite a bit of time.

I would have infact booked the Nexon, had it not been for its niggles.

And the only other choice, after these two, for me, is the Baleno RS, which honestly my heart doesn't want to go with.

There was a recent article in Autocar India which spoke about Ford's future in India. Although they do not have any new product launches for the next 2 years ( only existing product refreshes ) Ford seems to have planned newer models in India in 2021. I think Ford is here to stay, so you shouldn't worry too much. Even this article from Auto car seemed to reiterate the same.

With Chevrolet, the issue was different, remember that Chevy had nearly 6-7 models and yet did not materialise in to decent sales every month? While ford has just 2 product types ( Figo Aspire and Figo being one and the Ecosport being the other) in the mass segment, whether investments may have been high.

Also Chevy india had heavy investment from SAIC China who might have had a big say in pulling out, while Ford is in no such position.
Old 1st October 2017, 01:08   #303
BANNED

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum. We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd October 2017 at 23:43.
jsanket is offline   Received Infraction
Old 3rd November 2017, 15:03   #304
BHPian

For the benefit of other Chevrolet vehicle owners in Goa, there is a newly appointed Chevrolet authorised service centre since October 2017 located in Verna -

Bosch Car Service Goa
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rvice-goa.html

The technician’s name, details & contact number are still valid from the above thread.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

ChoosetoCruze
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 18:26   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
For the benefit of other Chevrolet vehicle owners in Goa, there is a newly appointed Chevrolet authorised service centre since October 2017 located in Verna -

Bosch Car Service Goa
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...rvice-goa.html
That is some convincing move by Chevrolet. Hope they make Bosch authorized service centers across India. There were rumors doing rounds about Chevy in talks with Mahindra First Choice.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2017, 04:16   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post
That is some convincing move by Chevrolet. Hope they make Bosch authorized service centers across India. There were rumors doing rounds about Chevy in talks with Mahindra First Choice.
Unless the service centres employ qualified & knowledgeable staff, it’s a lost cause.

The previous authorised Chevrolet service centre was the anti christ. We had our battery swapped out and replaced with a battery from another car during a routine service. Only got to know this last month when the battery died and the receipt at home didn’t match the battery in the engine bay.

Hopefully this new one is better. From the first impression, they look promising. But time will tell.
Old 3rd January 2018, 07:45   #307
Distinguished - BHPian

GM looking to return to India?

Sergius talks about General Motors exiting India and its potential for a re-entry.

Quote:
Come 2030, India plans to be an all-electric vehicle nation. So how does this help GM? For one, it levels the playing field for all manufacturers, and secondly, EVs is where GM actually has a slight advantage over its rivals. It already has an EV on sale, the Chevrolet Bolt, that has received many accolades and garnered good traction in international markets. Also, the car’s electric range is longer than the BMW i3 and the Nissan Leaf.

link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 11:33   #308
GTO
Team-BHP Support

An example of a JUNK article. Wondering why they didn't add that GM sold more cars than Ferrari, Lamborghini & Rolls Royce in India.

Title "GM raced ahead of peers, selling more vehicles as it exited India"

Quote:
US carmaker General Motors (GM) exited the India market in December last year, even the final lap, it raced ahead of some domestic and international peers in sales. Between April and December, 2017, GM sold 2,500 vehicles — more than what Force Motors, Mahindra Electric Mobility, Isuzu Motors managed to sell in the same period.

If one excludes the new marquee launch Jeep from Fiat, then it too trail behind GM, with only 1,738 vehicles sold in April-December, 2017. In FY17, it sold 4,706 vehicles.

At the time of its exit, GM had a 0.1 per cent share of the passenger vehicles segment of the Indian car market.

In the period under consideration, GM India sold 897 cars, more than what domestic major Mahindra and Mahindra sold (341). With its focus on electric vehicles, Mahindra Electric Mobility, maker of Reva, was also behind GM with 572 units sold in this period.
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 13:46   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
An example of a JUNK article. Wondering why they didn't add that GM sold more cars than Ferrari, Lamborghini & Rolls Royce in India.
Exactly. I read this article today morning and thought what was the need of this article ? or what is the writer trying to say or imply ? I was wondering if they were just trying to fill space
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:05   #310
Senior - BHPian

It was nice to still hear from them. Got a mailer from GM, they are holding a service camp this month. Details are here.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-chevrolet-service.jpg  

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-chevrolet-service2.jpg  

ashutoshb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:43   #311
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It was nice to still hear from them. Got a mailer from GM, they are holding a service camp this month. Details are here.
Service camps are generally a means for a dealer to make some more money on things they do in the check up.

I guess it will help them liquidate stocks of spares and help customers get their cars rejuvenated.
Old 11th July 2018, 18:29   #312
BHPian

Came across this sticker on an Optra. The irony had me in splits.

Chevrolet to stop selling cars in India? EDIT: Confirmed on page 8-chevy.jpg

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 11th July 2018 at 18:33.
Enigmatic is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:38   #313
Senior - BHPian

Kropex dealer closed their GM service center on Singasandra, Hosur road in Bangalore.

New GM/Chevrolet service center is opened on Bannergatta road (near Roayal Meenakshi mall), and is run by Sai Motors.

address:
Chevrolet Sai Motors, Industrial shed unit no.6, Ashok Industries, No. 98, Kalena Agrahara, Begur Hobli, Bannergatta Road, Bangalore 560076
Old 5th September 2018, 22:11   #314
BHPian

Guys what are you doing with your Chevrolet cars? Planning to keep, sell or anything else? If i intend to keep will i have to sell for peanuts and onions in the next couple of years?

Last edited by bharatbits : 5th September 2018 at 22:37.
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 22:25   #315
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Guys what are you doing with your Chevrolet cars? Planning to keep, sell or anything else? If you intend to keep will i have to sell for peanuts and onions in the next couple of years?
My Chevrolet Sail Uva LT ABS Petrol turned 5 years just a couple of weeks back.
With just 73,000 kilometers on it and no problems whatsoever, I have no plans to change it right now.
Having said that, If and that is a BIG IF, my wife decides she wants to start driving again, I will trade it in for a automatic something.

I knew I will get peanuts when I sell it right when I bought it in 2013.
So that is not something, which I am worried about.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks