Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 23:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Nissan Terrano facelift's details leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Nissan has no idea on how to crack the Indian Market. It should bring in the latest Nissan Micra; instead of concentrating on low selling prohibitively priced Terrano or Kicks. Terrano hardly sells and this update isn't going to see it flying of the shelves. Nissan Kicks: if and when it's launched will also be very high priced niche product and will have to contend with it's stable mate the Renault Kaptur. Micra has been ruled out for the Indian market and that's a sad thing: Just look at the Micra: if sensibly priced and kitted out, it can become the premium hatch Indians would opt for.
Completely agree with you. Just see the volumes the Baleno, Jazz, & i20 manage every month ! The Micra would be a serious competitor as its Japanese, all new and super to look at. Its seems Renault is the focus in India and Nissan is being given the step motherly treatment.
nik_kapur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 09:22   #17
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2017 Nissan Terrano facelift's details leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
.... Its seems Renault is the focus in India and Nissan is being given the step motherly treatment.
The Renault side of the garage isn't exactly raining good cars on us, is it? Except the entry-level Kwid, all their cars are duds too. Even the Indian Kwid is a structurally-compromised version but that's another debate altogether.

For all the great products Renault-Nissan have globally, we're their dumping ground for badge-engineered crap sold at premium prices.

Remains to be seen if their upcoming models bridge that gap, but I'll believe it when I see it.

P.S. I've driven a colleague's Terrano for long drives and the ride quality is exceptional, but that's all there is to it really. No other redeeming qualities to justify its 15L price tag.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2017 at 10:31. Reason: Kwid, not Qwid :)
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin489 View Post
Marketing gem from the brochure: "Dual Tone Horn. Enhances active safety, as it can be heard from a long distance"

Wow, just wow! Donald Trump would be proud.
I'd say "Chrome finished parking lever tip - Adds to the rich and premium feel to the overall interior" is the ruby
Maybe the chrome finish helps in securing the car more firmly when parked.
rav11stars is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:33   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

You know it's an unimportant launch when the company doesn't even have a press conference + speech for it. Here's a photograph from what I assume was an in-house event:
2017 Nissan Terrano facelift's details leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9.99 lakhs-image-2.jpg

2017 Nissan Terrano facelift's details leaked. EDIT: Launched at Rs 9.99 lakhs-image-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 10:56   #20
Team-BHP Support

Interior updates, though meagre, are welcome. The second row blower with a single vent was a hindrance more than anything else, chilling an already uncomfortable fifth occupant in unmentionable areas. There's enough headroom to relocate second row vents to the roof. Skipping auto a/c is a glaring miss though, on a vehicle pushing D-segment prices.

The chrome has destroyed a handsome front end. Could've left it well alone.

The platform is utilitarian but one of the best offered here w.r.t. ride quality, a full interior overhaul to Creta-esque levels with better materials would make this the tourer of choice in its segment.

Sigh!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 15:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The platform is utilitarian but one of the best offered here w.r.t. ride quality, a full interior overhaul to Creta-esque levels with better materials would make this the tourer of choice in its segment.

Sigh!
Very aptly put. We have a Terrano in the family. I was against my Dad's decision when he mentioned it. However he went ahead and got it.
But when I drove it, I was floored. The ride quality is enough to bring a nice grin.
But what really puts off is the so-so ICE, cheap plastics and all that on a 15L car
Is it that difficult getting feedback from existing customers or are the manufacturers that proud to think of asking?
Old 28th March 2017, 16:10   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
Is it that difficult getting feedback from existing customers or are the manufacturers that proud to think of asking?
Well, when the intent and energy around a new release within the company is low, then what else could you say about it? As in this release, without a press conference and showcase you know that the company is not prioritizing the face lift.

I think Nissan India has its priorities elsewhere although they have a very capable portfolio of vehicles.
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:27   #23
Senior - BHPian

Too little, too late. I am not sure about others but I just can't stand the idea of a 10 L plus car which doesn't have climate control, push-button start, power-fold ORVMs with turn light when a 7/8 L hatchbacks are having these features nowadays. Absence of these three features is a SUPER deal-breaker for me. These 3 features are like aircon, power steering and power windows in 90s.

Actually, I have stopped expecting anything of value from any manufacturers other than Tata, Mahindra and Maruti. And I find Hyundai and Toyota the greediest. And Hyundai has mastered the art of raising prices and removing features, a double whammy. Which is why my next new car will only be from Tata, Mahindra or Maruti. If it's used then I would look for good-but-flopped cars like Koleos/X-Trail which in used car sell for a lot less these days.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 11:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Well, when the intent and energy around a new release within the company is low, then what else could you say about it? As in this release, without a press conference and showcase you know that the company is not prioritizing the face lift.

I think Nissan India has its priorities elsewhere although they have a very capable portfolio of vehicles.
Same with Toyota. They "slipped" in the Corolla facelift 2 weeks ago, and there was not even a whimper of publicity, nothing on their website, etc in the days leading up to the facelift date Mar 15th. Even the salespeople denied it when I asked them (as to if there is any truth to rumors about an upcoming facelift) 4 days prior to the facelift date. Hmph!

Last edited by vharihar : 29th March 2017 at 11:47.
vharihar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks