Team-BHP - 2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/185519-2017-hyundai-creta-gets-updates-including-apple-carplay-android-auto.html)

Went to Plaza Hyundai, New Delhi for enquiring about 2017 Creta features. The SA was sceptical about these features so I asked for the brochure, and the brochure mentions Carplay, Android Auto and Mirrorlink as standard in the S+, SX+, SX+ Dual Tone & SX(O). clap:

2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)-image00001.jpg

Hyundai has also added "Arkamys Sound Mood" which is also available in the S+, SX+, SX+ Dual Tone & SX(O) variants.

Polar White with Phantom Black, Red Passion with Phantom Black (Dual Tone Body Colours) have been added in the Colours Section.
Dual Tone colours are only available in SX+ Manual Variant only.

2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)-image00002.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Batish! Moving your post out to a new thread.

Still no cruise control though? And a few more features available on cars lower down the price Hyundai asks for the Creta.

This is a welcome addition. Is this also going to older versions via some software upgrade? Or limited into the new ones only? There are many custom made units for Creta with these features already though.

Still no AT on the top spec. Cannot understand Hyundai logic of compromising safety for convenience of an AT. If it costs more so be it. At least the customer has a choice of paying for both.

Hope the Jeep gets it right with the Compass. In the overseas market they have launched 17 variants. May take you a week to decide on the one that suits you best but it will be worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandit (Post 4170610)
still no cruise control though? and a few more features available on cars lower down the price Hyundai asks for the creta

Apparently its just plug and play.

Buy the parts off aliexpress from less than 100 USD

Get them installed and it works

Check this video. No English subtitles though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOp3E-0dA3Y

There's one Bhpian who is working on it right now. Shall wait for his updates.

Phew, thanks for confirming this. I've had an eventful week calling dealers and Hyundai customer care to get a confirmation but no one was sure of it. Ours is a March '17 make. Will take delivery this weekend and confirm these changes.

One of the dealer also confirmed that the dual tone versions will come with 17" diamond cut alloys (earlier only in automatic and SXO) but the brochure didn't mention that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver (Post 4170782)
One of the dealer also confirmed that the dual tone versions will come with 17" diamond cut alloys (earlier only in automatic and SXO) but the brochure didn't mention that.

I'm sorry, but the scanned brochure given here very clearly indicates that R17 'diamond cut alloys' available for SX+ Dual Tone variant as well?

As you mentioned, it was available only in the SX(O) and SX+(A/T) variants earlier.

The interesting thing for me is the availability of all black interiors with silver garnishing. Earlier the all black interior was available only in the anniversary edition & it was spoilt with the loud red garnishing.
The new dual tone models with all black interiors will look hot & easier to maintain.

Pricing of the new 1.4L E+ diesel variant, and the two 1.6L SX+ dual tone variants (ex-showroom Delhi) of the 2017 Hyundai Creta:

2017 Hyundai Creta gets updates (including Apple CarPlay & Android Auto)-image1w.jpg

The new 1.4L E+ diesel has a starting price of Rs 9,99,000/-, which is the same as the 1.6L E+ petrol.

The SX+ dual-tone variants come at a premium of ~Rs 38,000 over the equivalent normal SX+ offerings.

Thanks to Vikas Singhal for sharing this.

Why is the registration charge more for diesel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4171409)
Pricing of the new 1.4L E+ diesel variant, and the two 1.6L SX+ dual tone variants (ex-showroom Delhi) of the 2017 Hyundai Creta:

Attachment 1623702

The new 1.4L E+ diesel has a starting price of Rs 9,99,000/-, which is the same as the 1.6L E+ petrol.

If this is true , though I highly doubt it, til will be a price cut of close to 70000 on the Creta 1.4.

The old prices indicate the 1.4 E model (not E+) selling for 10.09 ex Delhi. The E+ demands a 60K difference over the E model in the petrol variant.

Let's see when they update the prices online. There is a chance of a mistake in the price list. The model might be the E trim instead of the E+.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragavsr (Post 4171455)
If this is true , though I highly doubt it, til will be a price cut of close to 70000 on the Creta 1.4.

The old prices indicate the 1.4 E model (not E+) selling for 10.09 ex Delhi. The E+ demands a 60K difference over the E model in the petrol variant.

If you look at the features, E+ in diesel is not having all the features of E+ in Petrol and hence 70k may not be justified.
Diesel E+ does not have

1) Steering mounted control
2) roof rail
3) 2 tweeters
4) front map lamp
5) sunglass holder.
6) 2 Din non bluetooth instead of touch screen

But i still agree with you on the price cut part upto 86K especially in chennai as we have discussed in Official review Creta thread reported by pacman2881 (Link here)

Quote:

The SX+ dual-tone variants come at a premium of ~Rs 38,000 over the equivalent normal SX+ offerings.

The 17" alloys, tyres and black toned roof, Apple carplay/Android Auto should be able to justify this. But i wonder why they dont give leather seats at least on the top variant. The dual tone red upholstery is also fabric

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 4170760)
Apparently its just plug and play.

Buy the parts off aliexpress from less than 100 USD

Get them installed and it works

Why do people want to put their lives at risk by DIY on things like cruise control. Imagine if the module malfunctions and your speed get stuck. This has happened on multiple accounts to people. Some features must be factory fitted.

http://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad/i...nction-1630368

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeldo (Post 4170917)
I'm sorry, but the scanned brochure given here very clearly indicates that R17 'diamond cut alloys' available for SX+ Dual Tone variant as well?

My bad, I was referring to the first brochure but I later realized it is talking about interiors only.

Quote:

What is the INR 7500 for body care about? The price list doesn't even mention it as optional.