Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2017, 16:36   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Car delivery date 28th March 2017
Registration Certificate creation date 16th June 2017
Registration Certificate received on 06th July 2017

So approximately it took 100 days in my case (MH-14)

Is the certificate valid if I have this one "laminated"? Heard that a proof is no longer valid if it's laminated.

Heard that for road trips it's advisable to carry original docs too and produce if sought for. Does a laminated RC suffice to the purpose?
Old 7th July 2017, 17:38   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
Waiting for 7 months to just get a print out of what they call an RC book , I suggest you to file an RTI query seeking the status of our RC book.
I just got lucky today and the RC arrived by post. Its the same as Vehicle Extract / Information printed on a piece of A4 sized paper instead of a smart card or RC booklet as earlier.

Hence no need of RTI, huge relief.

Although thanks for the suggestion, I was indeed gearing up for the same.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 12:15   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Is the certificate valid if I have this one "laminated"? Heard that a proof is no longer valid if it's laminated.
You heard it correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post

Heard that for road trips it's advisable to carry original docs too and produce if sought for. Does a laminated RC suffice to the purpose?
The Motor Vehicles Act requires you to carry all Original documents at all times. However, for obvious reasons, it is advisable to carry photocopies along with the originals.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 8th July 2017 at 12:20.
Old 25th August 2017, 23:28   #34
BHPian

Hi,

I recently transferred my company owned car to my name. Hence, the RC book had to be changed.
As per details obtained from the Worli RTO, they have printed my RC Copy on 18th August. Post multiple repeated entries, they even sent me a scanned copy by email (pretty surprising!!). However, one week later, they are yet to dispatch the original copy.

Trouble is that I'm selling the vehicle off, and even the buyer is waiting desperately to get the RC Book (his bank loan won't get processed without it). Is there any way I can get the RC Book directly without them dispatching it?
Old 9th October 2017, 18:45   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hi,

I recently transferred my company owned car to my name. Hence, the RC book had to be changed.
As per details obtained from the Worli RTO, they have printed my RC Copy on 18th August. Post multiple repeated entries, they even sent me a scanned copy by email (pretty surprising!!). However, one week later, they are yet to dispatch the original copy.

Trouble is that I'm selling the vehicle off, and even the buyer is waiting desperately to get the RC Book (his bank loan won't get processed without it). Is there any way I can get the RC Book directly without them dispatching it?
Hi Krishna - these days they print the RC book on a plain A4 paper called "form 23". It will have a bar code at the top right of the page.
I had called Thane RTO and they said all that matters is that Bar Code.
If they have emailed you the copy, check the bar code and print a copy of it. That should suffice I guess. I hope this helps.
Old 12th January 2018, 15:30   #36
BHPian

I am in process of transferring my car from the company name to my individual name. When I submitted the rc paper to the agent he got back saying that this is a colour Xerox and the rto will not accept it. Hence I should file a 'NC' application for a new rc paper, which would obviously cost.
Is this some sort of a scam brewing as I'm pretty sure what I handed over was the original. How do I tell a copy from the original?
This is regards the worli rto.
Old 27th January 2018, 12:49   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shethsa View Post
I am in process of transferring my car from the company name to my individual name. When I submitted the rc paper to the agent he got back saying that this is a colour Xerox and the rto will not accept it. Hence I should file a 'NC' application for a new rc paper, which would obviously cost.
Is this some sort of a scam brewing as I'm pretty sure what I handed over was the original. How do I tell a copy from the original?
This is regards the worli rto.
It seems like a ploy by the agent to rip you off. Get back the document you gave and go to the RTO yourself. Worli RTO staff is really helpful. In case that doesnt resolve the issue, just speak to Mr. Mitravar, Deputy RTO at +919892318225. Should resolve your issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks