Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 15:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: RC Book collection at the Mumbai RTO (in case you missed its delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
If you bought a new car recently and missed out of the delivery of the RC book (because you were not at home when the postman arrived), then this is for you:
It looks like the process in Bangalore is different.
The RC smart card is being sent over to the dealership instead of the residential address.
This happened, for both my car as well as my friend's activa registration some time back.
Old 6th April 2017, 20:06   #17
BHPian

Any idea about the collection date for MH47(Borivali). My car was registered on the first week of Jan. Yet to receive it. Mainly because I have shifted from the address mentioned in the documents.
Old 6th April 2017, 22:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

This is a thread specific to Mumbai and I am lucky I took my car from MH03.Has someone recently struggled with MH-14 RTO?
I know a friend who has been running between RTO and post office, but his RC is book is nowhere to be seen. And this scenario is not unique it seems!
Old 7th April 2017, 01:20   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Any idea about the collection date for MH47(Borivali). My car was registered on the first week of Jan. Yet to receive it. Mainly because I have shifted from the address mentioned in the documents.
In this case, I'd suggest you check with the person who's currently residing at your older address. It's very possible that the postman left behind a slip which asks you to collect it from the post office.

If you're lucky, and it's still at the post office (assuming it's been less than a week since they tried to deliver it), you can simply show then an ID proof (preferably with the old address) and get your RC from there. I'm case it's been returned to the RTO, follow the steps mentioned in the original post. I'm sure, the procedure at your RTO office will be similar.

Good luck
Old 7th April 2017, 02:10   #20
BHPian

Guys I want to suggest a 'digital' alternative to this entire process. This alternative is applicable to those who have aadhar number and their mobile number connected to the aadhar. So those 'eligible' people should try digilocker. Please visit https://digilocker.gov.in/public/register to create an account. The information like your licence and vehicle RC is already available to fetch. Rather only this information is readily available for all states in India. I have tried and fetched my driving licence in the account. We can even have the same information in our mobile phone through the digilocker app or in the form of pdf files.

The only issue may be the willingness of the concerned officers to practically accept these as original documents, though government notification is there.

At least you may have 'something' with you till you go through all the hassles and get the 'real' (hard copy) RC.
naren_L is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 10:16   #21
BHPian

Very helpful inputs sir. Thank you very much for sharing.

Quote:
And next time you buy a car, try and be home when the RC is delivered.
Close to impossible. In my case, the car was purchased on 27th May 2016 and the RC slip was mailed to my address on 14th September 2016 from Kalyan RTO. The mail supposedly reached our home on 16th September and was returned stating that the door was locked. How can anyone imagine the precise date and time of delivery and remain available (In my case the delay in dispatch being close to 4 months and I am aware of people who waited for close to 6 months)?.This is particularly when there is no prior intimation of any sort. Just call up or visit any RTO and you get a standard answer that they will be dispatched after 15 days.

One more thing, the RTO’s in Maharashtra have stopped issuing RC books or a smart card. They only hand over a print out with a stamp. and a copy of Aadhar card is mandatory.

Last edited by King_pin09 : 7th April 2017 at 10:19.
Old 7th April 2017, 10:57   #22
BHPian

This is a great thread indeed, for someone who would be lost running between various windows and floors for any work at the RTO.

I observed a weird thing at Thane RTO 2 years ago. When i transferred my pre owned car from previous owners name to mine, the earlier smart card RC was replaced by a paper RC. Expected a smart card to be replaced by one, but no luck.
Old 7th April 2017, 15:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
How can anyone imagine the precise date and time of delivery and remain available
It is very annoying indeed. Fortunately, they let family members sign for it on your behalf. However, for people living alone, or where all the family members are working, it can get very frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_pin09 View Post
One more thing, the RTO’s in Maharashtra have stopped issuing RC books or a smart card. They only hand over a print out with a stamp. and a copy of Aadhar card is mandatory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
I observed a weird thing at Thane RTO 2 years ago. When i transferred my pre owned car from previous owners name to mine, the earlier smart card RC was replaced by a paper RC. Expected a smart card to be replaced by one, but no luck.
Yes, in MH, they've stopped issuing smart card RCs. The RC I got recently, looks like it was printed on a dot matrix printer! For whatever reason, the transport department never renewed its contract with the service providers, ever since it was terminated in November 2014. I read somewhere that it was just a temporary thing, but we all know how that panned out :/
Old 8th April 2017, 12:08   #24

Quote:
If you bought a new car recently and missed out of the delivery of the RC book (because you were not at home when the postman arrived), then this is for you:
Now, for most RTO related issues, you can always get hold of an agent who’ll do it for you. However, I BELIEVE in this case, the owners themselves are required to collect it in person. (Although, I'm not a 100% certain on this)
Before you undertake the above steps, one small advice. Go to your post office and ask the postman. Chances may be he may be keeping your RC book with him.
I once went to Worli RTO office and waited in the long queue only to be told that RC was delivered to registered address and speed post tracking number provided. Then when I went to local post office, the postman was keeping the RC book for more than 1 month without returning!

Last edited by aah78 : 8th April 2017 at 21:04. Reason: Quot edited. Avoid quoting large posts entirely please. Thanks!
Old 16th April 2017, 08:00   #25
Senior - BHPian

My car was delivered on the 28th March 2017 and I got the registration papers. How long does it take for the RC Smart Card to be dispatched? Is there any sites available where one can see the status of the RC Cards? I am based out of Pune and my RTO Office is MH-14.
Old 29th June 2017, 21:51   #26
BHPian

Update on my RC:

I got my car in January 2017 and till date the RC didn't come to my residence.

After inquiring at the post office, I followed the instructions here and went to the RTO (Mumbai central) last week on Tuesday.

Window number 96 and 100 are assigned to the RC related queries. The officer checked my number on the computer which took 1 minute and I was told the RC has not been printed yet ! It has been 5 months.

Apparently there was some issue in January and hence the full batch of RC was never printed. Immediately I applied for the RC Info Extract and got the copy after 1 hour by paying Rs. 200/- (via agent to get immediately). The officer has taken down my car number on a paper and told me to inquire 10 days later. Which happens to be tomorrow.

Will update tomorrow again. Fingers crossed.
Old 29th June 2017, 22:00   #27
Senior - BHPian

I am still waiting for the RC.

My colleague who bought car last month, got the RC within 14 days. (MH12)

Can't understand what's the funny issue with the MH14 RTO authorities.

RC extract charge here is ₹50. Surprising that it's so expensive for just 200 kms from here.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 29th June 2017 at 22:02.
Old 2nd July 2017, 07:48   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Will update tomorrow again. Fingers crossed.
Good luck with that. I hope you finally get your RC without having to make any additional trips to the RTO
Biohazard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 21:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Good luck with that. I hope you finally get your RC without having to make any additional trips to the RTO
Sadly no progress yet on the printing of the pending RC from January and I am one from the very few those who were unlucky. I have been called again after another 10 days just to inquire about the progress.

There is no system of grievance redressal or communication via forms in place for this type of problem.

Will update after yet another 10 days.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Sadly no progress yet on the printing of the pending RC from January and I am one from the very few those who were unlucky. I have been called again after another 10 days just to inquire about the progress.

There is no system of grievance redressal or communication via forms in place for this type of problem.

Will update after yet another 10 days.
Waiting for 7 months to just get a print out of what they call an RC book is indeed frustrating. Does it take this long for their printers to print a slip of paper? The Printer in my home can print 1000 sheets of A4 size, each hour.

Nonetheless, I suggest you to file an RTI query seeking the status of our RC book. The officers will be obliged to reply with correct status / take action, within a period of 30 days. In case they do not respond favourably, you have access to plethora of legal remedies that you can choose to initiate against them.
King_pin09 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks