Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2017, 15:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I will miss the touchscreen head unit for sure, but the one in Comfortline doesn't look bad to look at, no idea how it performs though. VW stock headlights are poor, so the ones in Comfortline will surely need some modifications. And it will need alloys too. But the premium for Highline Plus is just too much I feel. They didn't have Comfortline TSI DSG in stock and no offers on that as of now.

Will upload the price list when I get them, VW needs followup from the customers.
You can easily upgrade the HU to the touchscreen unit for less than 10k - check out the RCD 330 Plus thread in ICE section.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 22:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Got the price breakup for TSI.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img20170411wa0006.jpg

As noted earlier, a discount of 25k is available on the Highline Plus.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 05:28   #33
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2017 at 09:27.
kumar2007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th April 2017, 10:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Hey kumar2007, I am not sure about the "Rear foldable seats", but I would be very surprised if the facelift Vento Plus came with Push button start.

Germans feel such features are gimmicks of sorts and generally tend to leave them for the Koreans/Japanese to play around with

They would rather give some useful features such as One touch up/down for all windows, all windows up/down from the key fob, visual and audio warning of various sorts, etc.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2017 at 09:28. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 10:46   #35
BHPian

@ kumar2007

Rear seats does not fold.
No keyless entry and push button start.

Last edited by GTO : 15th April 2017 at 09:28. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 4th August 2017, 15:37   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bargain hard, play tough ball. The Vento is an old, slow-selling model & dealers are desperate to move stock.

If you can wait, go to your dealer in May or June once the dazzle from the LED headlamps has worn off. A variant that is freshly launched will see a little less discount initially, but things settle down in a matter of weeks.
I'm considering the TSI Highline Plus to replace my City. I keep my cars for a minimum 7 to 8 years and the annual running will be around 1000 kms. Considering the constant upgrades the VW does to the car I am keen but the fact the car is 6 years old makes me wonder. Would you recommend it for a purchase now in 2017? Any feedback would be more than helpful.
Old 4th August 2017, 18:20   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I'm considering the TSI Highline Plus to replace my City. I keep my cars for a minimum 7 to 8 years and the annual running will be around 1000 kms. Considering the constant upgrades the VW does to the car I am keen but the fact the car is 6 years old makes me wonder. Would you recommend it for a purchase now in 2017? Any feedback would be more than helpful.
It still remains a competent car and VW have managed to keep it somewhat relevant by adding features frequently. I don't think there is any confirmation as to when the new Vento will come here, but I think there were speculations that it will be closer to 2019. And considering the way prices are going, the next version will probably be more expensive. If you like the car over what the competitors offer, I see no reason to not buy it. As GTO mentioned, you should get good deals on it.

Will also be worthwhile to wait for the new Verna launching September 15th. Some leaks indicate that it will come with a better gear box than even the 6 speed one on the Elantra/Creta. So may be worth considering.
Old 5th August 2017, 12:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
As GTO mentioned, you should get good deals on it.
Well currently there is a flat 50k discount offered. May be if I haggle than I might get some more. The Verna is worth the wait but there is already a verna in the house engaged primarily for office duties plus my parents who are above 65yrs find the ingress and egress in verna a bit cumbersome. They are already complaining of the same in the City. So I am also hoping that in that respect the Vento would be better. The other contender is the Creta. That too has an imminent face lift in the works but when it'll happen no one seems to know.
Old 5th August 2017, 13:20   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey kumar2007, I would be very surprised if the facelift Vento Plus came with Push button start.

Germans feel such features are gimmicks of sorts and generally tend to leave them for the Koreans/Japanese to play around with
I don't understand how push button start is gimmicky ? You never have to insert the key into the car, the car senses the key in your pocket and you simply have to push the start button. Isn't that convenient ?

I guess all Mercedes-Benz, Audi, BMW and Porsche cars with push button start are not German cars

Also all the following VW models sold abroad:

Beetle
CC Sport
Golf
Jetta
Passat
Tiguan
Touareg

Last edited by Foxbat : 5th August 2017 at 13:23.
Foxbat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2017, 13:57   #40
BHPian

Can I retro fit the new LED headlamps to my 2015 model Vento TDI DSG? If not Volkswagen India, which will be the place to source a pair of them ? Me too liked very much the new LED s. Just beautiful.
Old 5th August 2017, 14:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Well currently there is a flat 50k discount offered. May be if I haggle than I might get some more. The Verna is worth the wait but there is already a verna in the house engaged primarily for office duties plus my parents who are above 65yrs find the ingress and egress in verna a bit cumbersome. They are already complaining of the same in the City. So I am also hoping that in that respect the Vento would be better. The other contender is the Creta. That too has an imminent face lift in the works but when it'll happen no one seems to know.

There is a 60K cash discount plus corporate discount. And if you have NCB from previous car, that can be added too. Try haggling for another 10 to 15K.
Old 5th August 2017, 22:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
my parents who are above 65yrs find the ingress and egress in verna a bit cumbersome. They are already complaining of the same in the City. So I am also hoping that in that respect the Vento would be better.
Nope. The seating is quite low in the Vento as well. Mum loves the ride but hates the getting in/out part.
Old 6th August 2017, 07:50   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Nope. The seating is quite low in the Vento as well. Mum loves the ride but hates the getting in/out part.
Plus the high door sill means that getting it becomes tougher for older people or those with disability issues.
Old 8th August 2017, 11:24   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Plus the high door sill means that getting it becomes tougher for older people or those with disability issues.
I thought as much. Its such a difficult to manage opposing demands in a household! Wife wants an AT. Parents want a car which they can drive occasionally and also be chauffeured around in with the ease of getting in an out and the irony is that the car I'm pretty sure is going to be 75% of the time driven by the drivers and me! Creta is the only other alternative but I don't like its AT and the bad treatment the Creta AT gets in terms of pricing vis-a-vis the features it offers.
Old 8th August 2017, 17:13   #45
BHPian

Quote:
I thought as much. Its such a difficult to manage opposing demands in a household! Wife wants an AT. Parents want a car which they can drive occasionally and also be chauffeured around in with the ease of getting in an out and the irony is that the car I'm pretty sure is going to be 75% of the time driven by the drivers and me! Creta is the only other alternative but I don't like its AT and the bad treatment the Creta AT gets in terms of pricing vis-a-vis the features it offers.
Older gen Innova. If you're not looking for all the bells & whistles, the Brezza.
Mad Max is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks