Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 13:18   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched at Rs. 10.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Only on the 2016 models, i have just soft blocked one for my brother in law but that was the last TSI the dealer had.

For 2017 model they have a 20K discount on comfortline TSI, with nothing on highline plus TSI.
Which dealer offered you this 20K discount on Comfortline TSI ? Is it available across VW dealers or specific ones offering ?
Old 6th April 2017, 13:21   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched at Rs. 10.85 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Which dealer offered you this 20K discount on Comfortline TSI ? Is it available across VW dealers or specific ones offering ?
I am not sure if it is across dealers, it was volkswagen palace cross, i have already picked my Highline TSI from them last year so was talking to the same SA.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 14:44   #18
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Ok,thanks for the heads up ! I am meeting up the Hosur road dealer (Elite) this week, let me see what they offer. I will mention that Palace Cross is offering this and I will go there, if Elite can't match.
Is there any exchange option available for Vento TSI ?
Old 6th April 2017, 14:51   #19
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Noob question here!

Can these new DRL headlamps on the Vento fit the new Polo GT ( '16 model)? If so, is there any way one could source the headlamps? VW Spares? They really look fabulous and it's something I really miss on my GT.
shoaib3030 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 15:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Ok,thanks for the heads up ! I am meeting up the Hosur road dealer (Elite) this week, let me see what they offer. I will mention that Palace Cross is offering this and I will go there, if Elite can't match.
Is there any exchange option available for Vento TSI ?

Sure, or if you want i can share my SA number with you. If you work in a listed corporate with them, you will get another 7K discount. Everyone offers an exchange option, but is always better to sell outside, as these guys will offer lesser price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoaib3030 View Post
Noob question here!

Can these new DRL headlamps on the Vento fit the new Polo GT ( '16 model)? If so, is there any way one could source the headlamps? VW Spares? They really look fabulous and it's something I really miss on my GT.
Would be tough, as you would probably need to upgrade the BCM as well as the wiring. On top of it VW does not sell parts on the counter. Last deterrent could be the price, i think it will easily cost around 70K - 80K, seeing the price hike.

Last edited by AtheK : 6th April 2017 at 15:33.
Old 7th April 2017, 11:19   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am meeting up the Hosur road dealer (Elite) this week, let me see what they offer.
Bargain hard, play tough ball. The Vento is an old, slow-selling model & dealers are desperate to move stock.

If you can wait, go to your dealer in May or June once the dazzle from the LED headlamps has worn off. A variant that is freshly launched will see a little less discount initially, but things settle down in a matter of weeks.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What are the main things I would miss in a comfort line ?
Alloys (which can be done outside), LED lights, reverse camera, rain sensing wipers, electrically foldable mirrors, spacemax seat adjustment, auto leveling headlamps etc. OTR price for comfort line would be around 13.2 lakhs in Bangalore. I am in a dilemma !
A lot, if you ask me. You are buying a car very late into its production cycle and getting the best and latest matters. Other than the alloys, the rest of the kit is useful and best as factory fit. Most of the kit can't be retrofit without damaging the build.

I suggest you wait and get it a bit later unless you absolutely need a car immediately. A top end version keeps you satisfied much longer with its conveniences, especially after the new car excitement disappears.
avira_tk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 18:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Bargain hard, play tough ball. The Vento is an old, slow-selling model & dealers are desperate to move stock.

If you can wait, go to your dealer in May or June once the dazzle from the LED headlamps has worn off. A variant that is freshly launched will see a little less discount initially, but things settle down in a matter of weeks.
Yes, I plan to bargain hard and I am not in a hurry for the new car. Going for a an old, end of life cycle model does not make much sense I know..But only for the TSI engine !
Old 10th April 2017, 11:10   #24
BHPian

I had a short test drive of Vento TSI during weekend with Elite VW, Hosur Road. Carwas readily available for test drive without any waiting. It was evening I took the car to the highway and had about 5 km run. My observations:

1. Aftre driving Figo for many years, I found the driving position and view slightly lower. But then, most Sedan's have that and I need to get used to it. But I found the driving position better than Honda City which I test drove on same day.
2. It is a breeze to drive in D mode in city. NVH levels are very nice, I am sure this give give lot of peace of mind in the long and frustrating bumper to bumper city drive.
3. Felt adequate power in D mode for city drive, linear acceleration at low range.
I managed to get a stretch of about 1.5 km open highway between 2 signals. What else to do, try the S mode...Boy, that was awesome ! The car totally changed it's characteristics, the wroom noise was so sporty. My son sitting in the rear seats was thrilled. (And that could be a deal breaker as my wife sitting in rear seat would not appreciate such acceleration).

I am sure I would love driving this car, if I buy it..I would find reasons to go for a long drive..Now it's a matter of heart v/s brain. The highline plus would come around 15.6 OTR in Bangalore, I may be able to save some money if I go for own insurance. Going for comfortline to save 2 lakhs, will be a huge compromise on equipment and convenience. Wife is supporting AT model, but her main concern is the GC for sedans which cause problems on Bangalore's infamous back-breakers. ( I don't call them speed breakers !).

My concerns are different. The 4 years warranty gives some comfort, but life beyond that ? I will be using the new car for minimum 7 years. Horror stories of VW extorting customers for replacement of parts, is worrying me. Another prospect is like being a what a GM or Fiat customer is feeling now. Chances of that are low with good numbers for Polo and Ameo and I hope VW is here for the long term.

To confuse me even more, there is a Carwale offer in Bangalore for TDI DSG Highline at 14.7 OTR. Must be the old stock. Classic dilemma !

On the other hand, Creta SX+ at around 15.2 and City VX at around 14.7 are the other options with me.
Old 10th April 2017, 11:44   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

^^Generally the S mode is hardly selected, i use D mode 95% of the time. D mode is also good enough for overtaking and hardly have i needed the use of S mode. S mode is great for hearing the engine sound, fun of the sound and mileage going down is directly proportional. I came from a honda city to Vento, upgraded the tyres to pirelli 195/60/R15, hardly have had any scrapping. The back Sometime scraps, but like only 5-10% of what honda city used to do. That car just loved to kiss every carbreaker (I like to call it car breaker). The higher GC in new Honda city might help though, mine was the 2011 model.

We bought Vento TSI Comfortline 2015 model for 11.35 lacs OTR. He hardly drives more then 500 Km a month, guess we got a great price.

For missing features, we are going with leather seats, Auto Dimming IVRM, Turn indicators embedded in the mirror, Alloys, Auto Head light module, Third Party Touchscreen system with Navigation. That all added should come around 1-1.2 lacs more will still keep cost lower then the 2017 Comfort line model and will actually give a car it's own character.

Last edited by AtheK : 10th April 2017 at 11:54.
Old 10th April 2017, 23:10   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a different view of the S mode. In my highway drives, S mode is default for me now. I find it fantastic for cruising. Just back from a highway trip all in S mode. The car cruises at ~90-100 in S6 at around 2400-2500 RPM. Since you are well into the peak torque band, in most cases it does not even need to downshift when you need that extra bit of acceleration.

If you are cruising in this manner, the mileage drop is negligible.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:26   #27
Senior - BHPian

Vento and Polo are timeless designs

They could have atleast incorporated 6 airbags by now.
With the steep price hike,people would have been pleased to have some added safety.

All said, it is still a good buy especially with the DSG
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 23:44   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I have a different view of the S mode. In my highway drives, S mode is default for me now. I find it fantastic for cruising. Just back from a highway trip all in S mode. The car cruises at ~90-100 in S6 at around 2400-2500 RPM. Since you are well into the peak torque band, in most cases it does not even need to downshift when you need that extra bit of acceleration.

If you are cruising in this manner, the mileage drop is negligible.
I was mainly speaking in city where the mileage drop is considerable, in highway it should not as you clearly pointed.
Old 11th April 2017, 10:09   #29
Senior - BHPian

Drove the Highline Plus TSI DSG yesterday.

The LED headlight looks good from a distance when lit. Nice white light which is quite visible in daylight and looks premium. The lights were flickering quite a lot when I looked through the mobile camera, which is visible in the next two pictures below.

DRL looks off through the camera lens.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_162112377_top.jpg

And now its back on again.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_162117093.jpg

I didn't like the headlight up close. A projector is sorely missing and the plain reflectors doesn't look the part on such an expensive car.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_162154359_hdr.jpg

The new Headunit is a very nice addition. The display looks and feels great - a typical VW unit which is very elegant and was responsive too. And the sound quality was also quite good when I listened to the radio.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_164142542.jpg
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_162653646_hdr.jpg
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_162631178.jpg
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_164159875.jpg

And the lovely steering wheel. The car rode and handled just like before - no changes there. Wish the Highline Plus got those 16" wheels from the GT TSI.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_164148019.jpg

Nice IVRM which is electro-chromatic.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_164214903.jpg

The cabin light at the front looked so average.
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_20170410_164218322.jpg

They have Highline Plus in stock and was willing to give a discount of 25k without any bargaining. And I think it was around 14.5 OTR Kochi if I remember correctly. Yet to receive the pricelist from VW.

I think my pick will be the Comfortline though. It gets gorgeous black interiors and isn't missing anything on the safety front. They should have equipped the Highline Plus with 6 airbags at least. Its a big miss in my opinion when you are paying so much.

I will miss the touchscreen head unit for sure, but the one in Comfortline doesn't look bad to look at, no idea how it performs though. VW stock headlights are poor, so the ones in Comfortline will surely need some modifications. And it will need alloys too. But the premium for Highline Plus is just too much I feel. They didn't have Comfortline TSI DSG in stock and no offers on that as of now.

Will upload the price list when I get them, VW needs followup from the customers.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 13:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Drove the Highline Plus TSI DSG yesterday.

Will upload the price list when I get them, VW needs followup from the customers.

Exactly my feeling ! The SA at Elite VW ddidn't sound eager to sell the car to me. It was more like - we are VW, this is what we give, come and buy if you can afford us...Not a single follow up call from him after the test drive, where as the Honda and Hyundai SA's are calling me every other day to check whether I decided.

The battle of heart v/s brain is still going on and I have a feeling that brain will be the ultimate winner..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks